• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Brady Supernova

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

I will personally wrestle anyone who talks shit about Tom Brady. Either repent and accept him as the greatest athlete of all time, regardless of the sport, or give me a time and place!

You're one of the good ones, man. Don't put a target on your back. We accept your Pats fanaticism, just keep it sequestered away from polite company.

cdyhybrid

Holy shit. This thread got ugly.
Anyway...

0914626001413039824_filepicker.jpg

GOAT. End of discussion.

Nope. Even if you ignore the whole zero-rings-since-Spygate thing, Joe Montana still exists.

bionic77

He is the GOAT at leaving pregnant girlfriends.
Pretty sure that is Cromartie or AP or Dwight Howard or Bill Belichek (assuming that women who are married to another man and pregnant via Bill count right?).

And this coming from a guy who doesn't exactly love Brady!

Nope. Even if you ignore the whole zero-rings-since-Spygate thing, Joe Montana still exists.

I'll admit I'm biased. But you have a point. It's hard to argue against Joe. Thinking about it, I'd have them both at the top. No particular order set until Brady is done playing.

Godslay

Banned
I'll admit I'm biased. But you have a point. It's hard to argue against Joe. Thinking about it, I'd have them both at the top. No particular order set until Brady is done playing.

I'd definitely have Joe on top and Brady on bottom. Just the nature of things really.

Spinluck

Tom Brady is an alltime great based on 2007 alone. I swear the destruction given to the league that year left enough salt to keep McDonald's running forever. Before 2007 people clowned him saying that he was a game manager and the like. He then proceeded to shit on every single person in the league and would have been perfect if not for 2 fluke plays that were not under his control.

Odd, I could've sworn they had plenty of chances to score that game.

Many things are out of the QBs control, but it's interesting that when things swing in their favor... they get most of the credit depending on the argument.

But when things swing in favor of the other team, he has no control over it and it's not his fault!

psykomyko

Probably one of the more idiotic arguments about Manning and playoffs, is when people bring up that he only won a Super Bowl because he played Rex Grossman. Which, of course, he didn't play against him, he played a top 3 defense and played in the worst conditions a SB has ever had.

Manning is actually the only QB in NFL history to play and beat the top 3 scoring defenses of that season in a single playoff. (Ravens were 1, Patriots were 2, Bears were 3)

But hey, why should that matter? He beat Rex Grossman....

Probably one of the more idiotic arguments about Manning and playoffs, is when people bring up that he only won a Super Bowl because he played Rex Grossman. Which, of course, he didn't play against him, he played a top 3 defense and played in the worst conditions a SB has ever had.

Manning is actually the only QB in NFL history to play and beat the top 3 scoring defenses of that season in a single playoff. (Ravens were 1, Patriots were 2, Bears were 3)

I agree the Grossman argument is flawed, but I think he gets flak for that year because he didn't have great numbers in the playoffs. He ended up with 3 TD and 7 INT over the four games and the defense for the Colts stepped up big time that year. It was still an impressive run, but it wasn't one of his best in terms of numbers.

Spinluck

I posted about this earlier in the thread. Only one of those game we home (Pats), and that Ravens defense was fucking monstrous.

I remember Killa Ray Lewis saying Manning made one of the best throws he's ever seen that game going to Dallas Clark who was breaking off a route. That was a crazy run fueled by our defense, but yeah, Rex Grossman.

I posted about this earlier in the thread. Only one of those game we home (Pats), and that Ravens defense was fucking monstrous.

I remember Killa Ray Lewis saying Manning made one of the best throws he's ever seen that game going to Dallas Clark who was breaking off a route. That was a crazy run fueled by our defense, but yeah, Rex Grossman.

Weren't they home during the Wild Card round? Thought Indy won the division that year.

Yeah, I was just referring to those 3 defenses. We beat the Chiefs that year too.

All I heard before that game was how Larry Johnson was gonna run all over us... which he didn't.

Ah, I see I misunderstood your post. I remember that KC game, Indy's defense was insane. Chiefs did nothing all game.

psykomyko

I agree the Grossman argument is flawed, but I think he gets flak for that year because he didn't have great numbers in the playoffs. He ended up with 3 TD and 7 INT over the four games and the defense for the Colts stepped up big time that year. It was still an impressive run, but it wasn't one of his best in terms of numbers.

That 3rd down pass in the Ravens game doesn't show up in those stats. The actual stats in that game look below average, but that pass was one of the best passes I have seen him ever make and it was in a crucial situation in the game.

For the record, even as a Pats fan, Montana is easily still the GOAT. Not sure why we'd even debate that. Brady really does need five to dethrone him.

Yeah the shit with the eligible receivers they are doing is bad sportsmanship even if legal. It will be illegal next year. Also they run illegal pick plays every time.

This will probably get locked like the other ones.

Raistlin

I don't know man ... it's hard to pretend Montana didn't massively benefit from that era's team consistency and lack of a salary cap.

Who knows what Brady would have done in that era or vice-versa. With the game being so different, it's really hard to assume a true GOAT. Let's just say Montana was the GOAT of that era, and Brady is GOAT of the modern (capped) era.

Yeah the shit with the eligible receivers they are doing is bad sportsmanship even if legal. It will be illegal next year. Also they run illegal pick plays every time.

I didn't understand that. Are they saying that some players on the field aren't eligible to receive the football?

Feep

Banned

Please. Are all trick plays "bad sportsmanship", then? "They made it look like they were going to punt, no fair!"

I'm no Patriots fan, but come on.

Please. Are all trick plays "bad sportsmanship", then? "They made it look like they were going to punt, no fair!"

I'm no Patriots fan, but come on.

I don't want to watch a game where we all have to figure out who is eligible to receive a pass. It makes the game crappy to watch. Defense getting 1 second to know is eligible sucks.

RELIGHT

Banned
GO PATS GO BITCHES

They're going to get wrecked in the super bowl. You do NOT want Seattle. It's an awful matchup for them. It's going to be just like last year. Brady will go 3 and 3 in the big game dropping his last three. The only difference between him and Manning at this point is his failure is on a much larger scale. Can't wait.

They're going to get wrecked in the super bowl. You do NOT want Seattle. It's an awful matchup for them. It's going to be just like last year. Brady will go 3 and 3 in the big game dropping his last three. The only difference between him and Manning at this point is his failure is on a much larger scale. Can't wait.

Let me guess, you're an expert, right?

GO PATS GO

Umm, Sherman is injured and their D looked like shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom