• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands Trailer – We Are Ghosts

Setsuna

I think you should relax.

Me? i'm fine

You on the other hand (or should i say people who make comments like you) have been posting the same one liners since 2014.

There have been almost a dozen games released, and you guys are still parroting the same messages

KDC720

Anyone know if this will be tactical and action or more RPG like the division?

I really felt a Division vibe in a more diverse map and with vehicles.

I think its more open world TPS in the vein of something like MGS V. Although there may be some RPG elements, we don't really know yet.

Makes zero sense. Doesn't even look remotely close to what The Division is doing...
They're both contemporary co-op shooters, and umm ...

I also really doubt that Wildlands will have us murdering a ton of dudes for the off chance we can get a scarf in your favorite color.

But I guess you never know.

Diancecht

Looking good.

Classic Ubisoft trailer formula: Cool looking dudes slowly walking - Narrator says "We are ___" - Bunch of action scenes with an edgy soundtrack - End it with "We are ____"

Yeah.

The more I think about it the more its dawning on me that we actually just might have to kill a bunch of dudes to get a scarf balaclava in the right color.

Yeah but it'll be in a huge open world with vehicles, and different climates, and you can use stealth, and there's ADS, and hopefully there won't be bullet sponges, and you won't fall asleep, etc.

Dabanton

Looks good. It looks like it's mixing the best parts of Splinter cell, The Division and Future Solider.

With an open world. The atmosphere in The Division was amazing if they can capture the same feeling of openness and exploration in this game I'll be happy indeed.

G_Berry

Banned
Looks good. It looks like it's mixing the best parts of Splinter cell, The Division and Future Solider.

With an open world. The atmosphere in The Division was amazing if they can capture the same feeling of openness and exploration in this game I'll be happy indeed.
This.

Eh, still not feeling this. Didn't really thing the E3 reveal was that great and didn't care for Ghost Recon going open world. This isn't changing my mind but maybe this year's E3 showing will.

Johndoey

Banned
Normally I can brush past it when I find things a bit sketchy thematically, but this game, especially this trailer just strike as nasty and deeply off-putting.

digging the awesome setting. coke cartels and western south america... i don't know bolivia very well but i love the geography of chile.

makes for a setting that fits my tastes a lot... makes me wish, actually, mgs v had a chapter where you return to south america lol -- a nod to the ghost recon a phantom pain reference above

BBboy20

Talking about ghosts while, half the time, not trying to be ghosts.

Normally I can brush past it when I find things a bit sketchy thematically, but this game, especially this trailer just strike as nasty and deeply off-putting.
2016 and still depicting the war on drugs (seriously, why is Ghost Recon involved in what is considered small fry compared to what they've dealt with in the past) as a straight-laced wild west? I would not be surprised if there are Sicario easter eggs and still miss the point.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Looks awesome.Is a 2016 game? I prefer if this game launches in february/march of next year and comes very polish rather to a 2016 launch.

Ubisoft is really top tier when it comes to world building, but when it comes to gameplay systems... haven't been impressed since the PoP trilogy.

jesu

I kind of like the look of it but don't see The Division comparisons.(I love the Division)
The dev making this doesn't seem to have a great history though.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
If set pieces/mission are well-crafted, this could be grand. Blasting around the sandbox with buddies in buggies and bikes is fun, but the real meat should be the missions. Division was hit and miss in this regard.

sphinx

the piano man
gameplaywise, is this in any way related to the 3DS game "Ghost Recon:Shadow Wars"

or is this your standard FPS wit another coat of paint?

It all depends on the mission design.
The trailer is such generic shit that I tuned out before the end. It could've been a trailer for literally any modern military shooter, since they all involve playing some elite edgelord badass.

I hope it's good. But given Ubisoft's current company ethos, I'm expecting huge open worlds with the quantity over quality dial turned to 11.

I'm hoping it plays a bit more like a FPS co-op version of MGSV. Big missions, multiple paths, lots of bonus objectives to find.

bede-x

I think its more open world TPS in the vein of something like MGS V. Although there may be some RPG elements, we don't really know yet.

It's a modern AAA game. It's basically guaranteed to have RPG elements like experience points, levels and unlocks. They don't know how to do progression any other way.

I know that TD looks great, but Wildland's reveal was really amazing visually and now it looks kinds meh, I expected it to at least look better than TD considering it's coming out a year later, not worse.

It seems like everyone are so used to Ubi's downgrades that no one cares at this point.

It looks about the same to me. Seems to me that people are just aching to say "downgrade".

I struggle to find any good parts about Future Soldier... maybe the controls? And even then SCBL did that also better

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Looks good, was fearing it was gonna be another online only crap but colour me surprised.

RedSwirl

This is basically ARMA for the Call of Duty crowd.

Those stunning vistas have me interested though.

But that's what I want!

Wouldn't it be great to have the scale and combined-arms combat of ArmA without all the jank or the byzantine-as-fuck controls?!

ironcreed

Banned
This is basically ARMA for the Call of Duty crowd.

An ARMA-like experience with some of the sterile sim aspects removed?

enhanced-buzz-12717-1425690141-17.jpg

But that's what I want!

Wouldn't it be great to have the scale and combined-arms combat of ArmA without all the jank or the byzantine-as-fuck controls?!

Why yes, yes it would. There's a lot I like about how this game seems to be shaping up, even if this trailer is a bit lackluster. I kind of ignored R6 Siege in its alpha/beta/launch stages, which after playing it quite a bit in the last month was obviously a mistake. Of course I also played The Division alpha/beta/launch and that was kind of a mistake so who knows. But just the fact that it's a big open, sandboxy, co-opy, modern-y combat seemingly without the lootgrindy stuff has me excited.

CHC

I really hope this will be tactical - as in, enemies die fast and you do too.

I actually quite liked The Division and it's RPG driven approach to shooter combat with enemies that took longer to kill, but I don't want it in this game and I don't think it should be the norm. If this plays like Blacklist in an open world I'll be pleased.

Linkyn

I mean, it looks really nice, but I just can't shake the feeling that there won't be much of substance to do in that gorgeous wilderness.

Just makes me ache more for a new Red Dead.

SJRB

Gold Member
The fact that there already are fully printed and folded game maps could mean this game is closer than we think, I suppose?

Top Bottom