• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands |OT| Squad Goals

Keihart

I though i wasn't going to play this game much, but i ended up playing it the whole day.

Man the map is huge, and it doesn't feel like fake scale. It's like the witcher 3 but bigger, things really feel of the appropriate scale.

I'm feel like i'm losing a lot of fun playing it solo tho, since sync shots with the A.I are like cheating but there is no other way to control your partners individually.

My mind was blown when i decided to explore La Cordillera de Los Andes, didn't expect it to be part of the map.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I though i wasn't going to play this game much, but i ended up playing it the whole day.

Man the map is huge, and it doesn't feel like fake scale. It's like the witcher 3 but bigger, things really feel of the appropriate scale.

I'm feel like i'm losing a lot of fun playing it solo tho, since sync shots with the A.I are like cheating but there is no other way to control your partners individually.

My mind was blown when i decided to explore La Cordillera de Los Andes, didn't expect it to be part of the map.

I feel like the game design/difficulty is balanced with sync shots in mind. It's still a pretty difficult game using them on extreme difficulty... and it would make attacking installations a bit of a slog without that mechanic.

Keihart

I feel like the game design/difficulty is balanced with sync shots in mind. It's still a pretty difficult game using them on extreme difficulty... and it would make attacking installations a bit of a slog without that mechanic.

i think i'm playing in extreme, i feel like i cheese out of everything with my sync shots, first think i upgraded too, super effective.

I'll try to play more public lobbies i think.

I've been playing for about 3 hours and still haven't found new guns. What should I be doing to get new weapons?

I think the second blue intel option you pick is always weapons and weapon parts. So in a given region you need to find minimum two intel sources (computers, interrogations, certain civilians) and pick skill points for the first one and weapons for the second.

I think the second blue intel option you pick is always weapons and weapon parts. So in a given region you need to find minimum two intel sources (computers, interrogations, certain civilians) and pick skill points for the first one and weapons for the second.

Thats been one of my favorite things to do playing solo so far is locate weapons and parts that i want then sneak into enemy locations and try to get them

Installed the new nvidia driver yesterday and man is it night and day, no more dips from 60fps and SLI support is golden. Now UBI just needs to fix the random crashes that happen every other hour and we're good to go.

Peroroncino

Hah. Game is full of shit like this, and yet it is still thoroughly enjoyable. Be interesting to see where it will go with patches and additions.

It most certainly is, the amount of LOL worthy moments in this game is staggering, you just never know when your friend might decide that it's a good idea to try and break the fall using his face instead of a parachute a few meters from you.

However it is annoying when you have to waddle through this bug-swamp sometimes to find these moments.

Gaz_RB

To be honest, there really aren't a lot of COOP games like this. Can anyone else name fully coop open world games?

So far for me this is one of the greatest COOP games I've ever played.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
It's good to see that 1/4 of the posts on the first page on the official forums are complaining about the awful radio and soldier banter. Ubi is posting that they are going to be "looking into" the ability to disable both.

Hopefully this sends the message to Ubi that they really need to fire their writers and reassess what constitutes as passable writing for a 30 million dollar game. The far cry series and now this is really brought down by the pandering, absolute shit writing.

Belker

Man, this is just silly. I wish they'd release a patch or something fixing glaring issues like that. It's really eclipsing this amazing coop game.

There's definitely a consumer argument that games shouldn't release like this. It's shoddy.

But.

As a gamer, part of me thinks this is great.

As long as it doesn't corrupt a save or stops me finishing a mission, I basically like janky things happening in games. Poor AI, shonky physics and simulations going wrong - it's like being some kind of cryptozoologist spotting crazy things in the wild.

Gaz_RB

Man, this is just silly. I wish they'd release a patch or something fixing glaring issues like that. It's really eclipsing this amazing coop game.
I don't even know why they added that melee. You can't break windows or anything. I don't think I've done anything with that melee but initiate the animation to knock someone out.

Just an incredible amount of beautiful scenery in this game. Everywhere you go there's a pocket of the map that looks like a postcard. The scale of mountains and high altitude bases is impressive.

8yBosak.gif

Yeah there is one area that I can't remember the name of that has these incredibly deep and lush canyons.

So good.

Yes, I had a great time last night. On that assault, I'm unsure about whether to go for extreme or advanced difficulty. I think I like the some of the tension that extreme seems to add, but it does slow the game down a lot and doesn't necessarily play well with the mechanics.

I've got the footage of us finding the Lilliputians on the street - and how one escaped a mortar strike that came out of nowhere and was not part of a Skyrim-style test to see what happened to NPCs. I can post it if consensus is the swearing and situation is OK for the forum.

Apologies to CrudeDiatribe from WildlandsGAF - I only saw you on as I was going to bed. If you see me in a party, do hop in. If we can't play we can at least say hello.

I can neither confirm nor deny any of these salacious allegations.

Though I am still proud of rescuing you guys from UNIDAD off that rooftop in the stolen helo..

That being said, Xbox Peeps! Join the WildlandsGAF Xbox Club, and/or the Ghost Recon Network GAF Task Force!

Ghost Recon Wildlands XBOX NeoGAF Task Force

Ghost Recon Wildlands XBOX NeoGAF Club

I am impressed that this game is fun alone, and is nice to have some 'quiet' downtime collecting things and dispatching baddies between giant destruction-fests in co-op.

Yeah there is one area that I can't remember the name of that has these incredibly deep and lush canyons.

So good.

Yeah, I was in a jungle/wetlands type environment last night that created an incredible atmosphere. I just wish they would have made the ghillie suits have an impact on stealth instead of just being cosmetic as sneaking through those wetlands with water up to your waist/neck in an environment-matching ghillie suit really enhances the feeling of being a Ghost...now only if the gameplay tied into it, that would truly be fun.

void666

Banned
I hope they add options to turn off squad banter and the squad itself when playing solo. And also let us mute the radio. More hud customization would be nice too. Like having minimap on only while driving. And no enemies on minimap.

Weetrick

I hope they add options to turn off squad banter and the squad itself when playing solo. And also let us mute the radio. More hud customization would be nice too. Like having minimap on only while driving. And no enemies on minimap.

Well according to some people here, the radio is a conspiracy by Ubisoft to steal money from streamers.

Gaz_RB

I always match my camo up anyway personally!
Yeah I've got 6 different outfits saved for different occasions and environments.

1. Casual, blending in with civvies in urban areas
2. Armored, so its got a helmet, armor, etc. basically looks like the ghosts did in Future Soldier/GRAW. I use this when things are probably going to get loud.
3. Jungle/wetlands outfit
4. Salt desert/snow outfit
5. Assassin/stealth suit
6. Desert

I probably put too much effort into this. But some light spec op role play stuff goes a long way for dat immersion

void666

Banned
Yeah I've got 6 different outfits saved for different occasions and environments.

1. Casual, blending in with civvies in urban areas
2. Armored, so its got a helmet, armor, etc. basically looks like the ghosts did in Future Soldier/GRAW. I use this when things are probably going to get loud.
3. Jungle/wetlands outfit
4. Salt desert/snow outfit
5. Assassin/stealth suit
6. Desert

I probably put too much effort into this. But some light spec op role play stuff goes a long way for dat immersion

I wish we could create weapon loadouts as well.

Kadin

Just an incredible amount of beautiful scenery in this game. Everywhere you go there's a pocket of the map that looks like a postcard. The scale of mountains and high altitude bases is impressive.

8yBosak.gif
Was just asking my buddy last night if you could use the parachute outside of a helicopter or a plane. We couldn't find a cliff or anything to jump from but his answers that question. Awesome.

Any patch notes for this 4.65GB patch?

EDIT: Nvm:

Patch 1.1.5 for the PC version is now live (Uplay & Steam) of Ghost Recon Wildlands.
This intermediary patch, is providing you with some major fixes and improvements regarding compatibility and performances.

Players in game need to reboot the game to apply the patch. Its size is up to 4 GB depending on your client.
You can still keep on playing and wait before applying the patch. An in-game notification will let you know when the patch is available.
Please note that in order to play co-op with friends, you will need to all have the same version of the game.

Please be aware that the patch will automatically download the next time you launch the game, so if you are already in a game session, you will need to reboot it to benefit from the improvements.
If you're planning on playing tomorrow, we recommend you to preload the patch starting tonight.

Please find below an overview of main changes:

1. Multi-GPU improved support

We have been working with our partners to improve both SLI and Crossfire support. Various stuttering and graphical corruption issues have now been fixed.

2. Quad-core CPUs improved support

Several freezes and performance issues have been resolved for players using quad-core CPUs, notably Intel i5 based setups.

3. AMD graphic cards improved performances
4. Enhanced mouse navigation in store menu
5. 4K menu background scaling implemented
6. Several crash sources have been addressed
7. Improved Ansel support and fixed bugs
8. Various fixes for the Steam Controller integration
9. Other bug fixes & improvements.

Was just asking my buddy last night if you could use the parachute outside of a helicopter or a plane. We couldn't find a cliff or anything to jump from but his answers that question. Awesome.

There are a lot of locations in the game that have ramp-like features at some of the highest points that are clearly markers for base-jumping.

So uh...how does it all work?

Right now the Ghost Recon Network is the epitome of jank. It's all over the place.

However, in game, you can sort by Xbox friends, Task Force Members, and the like.

You get some extra unlocks from being part of a Task Force as well. I'm hoping they add in some more perks, but for now I think that's it. As people join we'll see how active we can keep things!

If you see me in game (Gamertag: NSA) feel free to shoot me (a request to play!).

Calderc

Right now the Ghost Recon Network is the epitome of jank. It's all over the place.

However, in game, you can sort by Xbox friends, Task Force Members, and the like.

You get some extra unlocks from being part of a Task Force as well. I'm hoping they add in some more perks, but for now I think that's it. As people join we'll see how active we can keep things!

If you see me in game (Gamertag: NSA) feel free to shoot me (a request to play!).

Cool, likewise!

renzolama

Is this the kind of game where people won't get mad if I join their random coop group while drinking with the intention of doing silly multiplayer shit? I'm going to do it anyway, I just wanted to know if these kind of shenanigans were officially supported by the community.

Did anyone set up a GAF Task Force for PS4 or PC? We should get that into the OP as well.

There was a GAF TF in beta, but its pretty dead now:
A0VxKCj.png

Top Bottom