• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands |OT| Squad Goals

Kadin

Thought I'd pass this along as I saw it on the Wildlands subreddit. You can get some patches and a few XP boosts just clicking on a bunch of links to watch official YT videos and other random stuff. It's from the official Ubisoft site, just need to sign up. Apparently it can take some time (up to 48hrs) to actually get the items but I redeemed 5 codes with no problems. Good for X1/PS4/PC.

https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-US/rewards/index.aspx

ironcreed

Banned
My only real gripe is the radio. Good god, what were they thinking? It's probably worse than being tortured by Yuri and Polito. I would have preferred no radio station and just more ambient music.

Woo-Fu

Banned
My only real gripe is the radio. Good god, what were they thinking? It's probably worse than being tortured by Yuri and Polito. I would have preferred no radio station and just more ambient music.

Only one radio station and no horns in the cars. Guess all the devs ride the subway to work.

Feeroper

I noticed that the season pass for this game is CAD $53 on PSN, but the Xbox One and Steam version of the season pass is $39.99 - whats up with that?

EB Games sells season pass codes for all platforms as well and they have the PS4 version for $39.99. I wonder why is so much more only on the PSN store?

Check the Kingslayer Files for the boss.

I did that and there is only the opening video for the mission and the intel I picked up so if there is one I think I missed it.

I replayed the mission too but just got a voice call. Oh well my fault for getting downed I suppose.

Everdred

Man, this game is a blast. Playing on the highest difficulty is so satisfying. Even if I have to play the same mission 5 times to beat it, you just try a different approach each time and see what sticks.

I'm 10 hours in and only seen 3 territories, so much to do.

luulubuu

Probably a silly thing to share but, since the game radio is not appealing to me, I wanted to make my own playlist and I'm still working on it, but I'm really having a blast listening to Aesop Rock - The Impossible Kid (Instrumental Version) while playing, I don't know if is safe to share a youtube link here, but I engage you to play the cd while playing and doing missions, a must!

Kadin

Man, this game is a blast. Playing on the highest difficulty is so satisfying. Even if I have to play the same mission 5 times to beat it, you just try a different approach each time and see what sticks.

I'm 10 hours in and only seen 3 territories, so much to do.
Yup, just finished another 3hr session with a friend and we were saying the same thing. It's fun for the fact that you can approach many of the story missions in a number of ways. It really is a blast when you just want some challenging gameplay that doesn't piss you off so much that you're not willing to try a 4th or 5th time.

Belker

Great games last night.

Was good to play with the WildlandGAF crew. Sorry I couldn't stay later. Best bits:

Ghost Rider

My XBL pal was invisible in our game, but could still drive vehicles. We ended up as a motorcycle gang following his riderless bike weaving down the road.

Doughnuts

http://tw2gif.com/v/8467

Ghost Rider could kill NPCs – even though nothing happened to them on screen. He was in a spectral realm, bringing justice to the damned. Seeing the horror through his eyes (i.e. an Xbox Clip), he strangled a man to death using 30' long spaghetti arms.

Hoptychopter Hoedown

Massive firefight. Cartel base with snipers, mounted turrets, ground troops and many Unidad choppers. One of them tried to dance with me, but I declined.

http://tw2gif.com/done/8466

For the best hance to play with other forumites on Xbox, join:

Ghost Recon Wildlands XBOX NeoGAF Task Force - Captain Zyrain moderator

WildlandsGAF on Xbox Live
– Admins Belker and Captain Zyrain

Zen Aku

There's 8 pages (100-post GAF) and 16 pages (regular GAF) so yeah, I'd say so. Redbox if.
Ehh... 8 pages isn't exactly a high mark for a brand new game. (Granted it has to compete with HZD and BotW, not to mention open world Ubisoft game kinda make a lot of people weary)

commedieu

Banned
Great games last night.

Was good to play with the WildlandGAF crew. Sorry I couldn't stay later. Best bits:

Ghost Rider

My XBL pal was invisible in our game, but could still drive vehicles. We ended up as a motorcycle gang following his riderless bike weaving down the road.

Doughnuts

http://tw2gif.com/v/8467

Ghost Rider could kill NPCs – even though nothing happened to them on screen. He was in a spectral realm, bringing justice to the damned. Seeing the horror through his eyes (i.e. an Xbox Clip), he strangled a man to death using 30' long spaghetti arms.

Hoptychopter Hoedown

Massive firefight. Cartel base with snipers, mounted turrets, ground troops and many Unidad choppers. One of them tried to dance with me, but I declined.

http://tw2gif.com/done/8466

For the best hance to play with other forumites on Xbox, join:

Ghost Recon Wildlands XBOX NeoGAF Task Force - Captain Zyrain moderator

Ghost Recon Wildlands XBOX NeoGAF Club
– Admins Belker and Captain Zyrain

LOL @ the helicopter vid. Hahah

Bollocks

Actually I have to say it looks really good, I was playing on the PS4 and had nothing to complain, then bought a Pro and the image quality looks much cleaner now and the lighting is also improved, I'm actually immensely impressed with the graphics for being open world

Also my pro was quiet like a baby, regular PS4 kicked in the fan right after you spawn in the world and go to other places.

Sojgat

I'm torn on this game.

I'm enjoying it, but the controls feel clunky as shit. Quite a step backwards from Future Soldier in that department.

nOoblet16

The detection mechanics are absolutely fucked in this game. It causes half of the frustration on its own.

1) You cannot make a game focused on stealth if you have a detection mechanics that doesn't rely on Line of Sight from the actual enemy's head. This is a basic thing that even decade old stealth games get right. I will give you an example, there was this enemy about 100M away from me and he was looking at something on the ground and working on it. I was quietly trying to pass to a cover while moving through the bushes and I assumed since he is looking at the ground and I am in the bushes he won't notice me...BUT NO...The detection arrows pops up as soon as I start moving. It doesn't matter that the enemy is actually looking at the ground even if the enemy is behind a wall but has his hand visible from the side of the wall which is where you happen to be you'll get detected. The LoS doesn't run from enemy's head but rather their entire body. It's absolutely fuckin terrible !! Hiding in grass doesn't do much shit either why have a game with such dense foliage and a stealth system if you can't properly incorporate it into the game mechanics ?

2) When on alert the enemies will magically home into your position while they "search" the general direction they thing the shots came from. I mean you could be on the west side of a base that's half a mile long. The enemy would suspect someone is on the west side and instead of generally searching the area they will always home in exactly where you are from the get go. Yes I get that you can and are suppose to fool them by rotating positions but why does it have to cheat this way? Again you can't make a game with stealth mechanics with this sort of cheating AI. Watch Dogs 2 had the same issue. I could lock myself in the corner most room of an adjacent building and send a drone to the other building where I alert the guards. And the guards would magically home into my position while they "search" despite the fact that I am in a completely unsuspecting location in an entirely different building.

I cannot comprehend games that try to do stealth and yet don't take care of the above two factors.

Starfield

Downloaded 20gb of the game yesterday. Turned off my pc and now when I clicked on continue download it started all the way from 0 again, nice.

Xtars

Thought I'd pass this along as I saw it on the Wildlands subreddit. You can get some patches and a few XP boosts just clicking on a bunch of links to watch official YT videos and other random stuff. It's from the official Ubisoft site, just need to sign up. Apparently it can take some time (up to 48hrs) to actually get the items but I redeemed 5 codes with no problems. Good for X1/PS4/PC.

https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-US/rewards/index.aspx

Damn looks like the codes you get are only redeemable for US folks =/ that sucks.

zorbsie

Totally got into the collection part of the game. The guns and parts all mention which province they can be found in. So I find the gun/part I want and head over to that province. Some of the later provinces are super tough. But I now have a sniper rifle that can take a helicopter down in 1 or 2 shots. Not bad.

Well, the Ghost Recon Network wont let me sign in today.. figures. Man that website is janky!

If anyone wants to join the Xbox Task Force, I think I can do it in game.

So much fun.. I played solo for a while last night, on the harder difficulties it's still a challenge even with sync shot.

Love going around collecting things..

.. and sticking the landing! 10/10

KPgnpVg.gif

Edit.. also what is this?

3c35a4d5-23f6-487c-8507-a8f13ab28f31.PNG

It's got the longbow radar of an Apache, but it looks like a Super Cobra, but it only has two rotor blades like a regular Cobra.. and why the hell does UNIDAD have these!! Haha

Totally got into the collection part of the game. The guns and parts all mention which province they can be found in. So I find the gun/part I want and head over to that province. Some of the later provinces are super tough. But I now have a sniper rifle that can take a helicopter down in 1 or 2 shots. Not bad.

Coming from other loot games the weapon/weapon part collecting can get addicting here as well even though there is nothing random at all as they all have the same fixed stats/weapon type. Also, the cartel bosses seemingly drop "Exotic" type (which can't be modded) specially named weapons.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Nightime seems a bit pointless at times. Do everything silent then magically some grunt sees me from a far distance then the whole compound is alerted to my exact location even though I've knocked out the lights/power, used shadows and night vision.

Also fuck the rebels. So many times they mess up my stealth by pulling up in their stupid trucks and shooting at the cartel which then calls in a heli who also magically see me.

DrBo42

Nightime seems a bit pointless at times. Do everything silent then magically some grunt sees me from a far distance then the whole compound is alerted to my exact location even though I've knocked out the lights/power, used shadows and night vision.

Also fuck the rebels. So many times they mess up my stealth by pulling up in their stupid trucks and shooting at the cartel which then calls in a heli who also magically see me.
Rebels and your team mates are often more of a handicap than a help. AI in general just isn't very good. I switched from a suppressor to a compensator on my ACR and the guards are just complete morons while they're picked off one by one. I've had them consistently notice someone was killed but still not sound the alarm. They'll hear the gunshot but as long as you're not right next to them or miss, they never leave the "Suspected?" state. Did that for the entire prison break mission tied to the generator.

Don't like the new patch, broke my game.

Will reinstall later when I can be bothered to see if it fucked something...

Are you also getting weird texture issues by chance? Mine sometimes flash when streaming in for a sec when flying over areas. My game still crashes rarely when I open the map still but at least the nvidia driver fixed my fps drop issue and added SLI constant 60 fps goodness!!

Diancecht

Just realised, our handler's is also Agent 47's handler from HITMAN. Knew there was something fishy about her fake ass American accent.

I can highly recommend the movie Sicario which is free to watch on amazon prime right now

Made me think of this game while I watched it, even though the actual details and location are different.

Feels so realistic (like you are there), and it looks like a lot of the details are based on actual circumstances occurring in the region a few years before the movie (though not the specific characters or enemies)

Top Bottom