• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Prey 2: Pray Harder confirmed (2012) [Update: HAHAHAHA post 107, 430]

"TELL ME ABOUT THE SPIRIT WORLD"

"I DON'T FUCKING KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ANY GODDAMN SPIRIT WORLD. ARGHAHHGHGHGHALAGH"

"1972. OKLAHOMA. YOU WERE WITH YOUR GRANDFATHER AND YOUR PET HAWK. TELL US ABOUT IT."

"ALRIGHT..."

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Cmagus said:
Apparently this is it on the cover of Game Reactor

gamereactor83_239491.jpg

Prey 2: Say Your Preyers

Grecco

ITS SAM FISHER WITH A BEANNIE!

Seriously The belt on the chest with the thingy. Reminded me of Sam Fisher

and also incredibly disapointed me.

time to list the things that made Prey what is it:
-portals
-out of body spirit mode
-awesome gravity physics/puzzles
-the concept of the native americans having something to do with the aliens blah blah blah???

i can see portals still making the cut, but if they want to do the out of body shit is he going to be a native american again? are they going to do the spirit realm thing again? not trying to be racist, but i am curious as to how they would make that work and it not clash with the previous game's angle.

i could see the multi-gravity stuff being cut out, despite how awesome i found it to be.

time to go install it again and put all settings max. >8)

The fuck. :/

That better not be Tommy and this had better not follow on from the first game, fuck that CoD shit in the fucking face :x

Just give a proper sequel to Prey you annoying hacks. .

Zeliard

Themacabre said:
Ramirez, check out that vagina door.

I lol'd

Nirolak said:
This was greenlit by the same focus group as SSX, Max Payne 3, and X-COM.

That focus group seems to be gaining more and more clout as time goes on. One can only wonder what's next. There are probably plenty of classic dead franchises with someone sitting on the rights that are just waiting to be resurrected and stripped of quality and uniqueness in the name of modernity and accessibility.

Zenith

Banned
Didn't the first game end with the high priestess taking your native american ass to another world to fight some more aliens? You used to work in a bar.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Zeliard said:
I lol'd

That focus group seems to be gaining more and more clout as time goes on. One can only wonder what's next. There are probably plenty of classic dead franchises with someone sitting on the rights that are just waiting to be resurrected and stripped of quality and uniqueness in the name of modernity and accessibility.
Well, Atari does have the rights to Planescape again.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Zeliard said:

To be fair, Max Payne going to seed in a steamy Sao Paulo and winding X-Com back to a Pixaresque 1950s alien epidemic psychohorror aren't exactly 'stripping them of uniqueness'. You can not like those directions, sure, but they didn't get Modern Warfared.

This thread is awesome, lol!

Overall though, art and design choices like those chosen on that cover, make me appreciate Bulletstorm's decidedly anti-Call of Duty attitude that much more.

derFeef

Criminal Upper said:
This thread is awesome, lol\.

Overally though, art and design choices like those chosen on that cover, make me appreciate Bulletstorm's decidedly anti-Call of Duty attitude that much more.
Bulletstorm did not have a unique prequel.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
He is even counting shit on his gunstrap. It's like every cliché ever.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Thunderbear said:
While that cover his horribly generic, you guys are way too quick to judge.

I don't think anyone here is calling out on the game. Just making fun of the crazy cover.

Zeliard

Nirolak said:
Well, Atari does have the rights to Planescape again.

Don't even go there.

I can see it happening, too, since Planescape is an evocative universe and has been so rarely used in games. Given the way things are going, if we ever see Planescape: Visceral, a third-person corridor action shooter where you fight hordes of talking zombies, I would say that's about on par for the course.

D2M15 said:
To be fair, Max Payne going to seed in a steamy Sao Paulo and winding X-Com back to a Pixaresque 1950s alien epidemic psychohorror aren't exactly 'stripping them of uniqueness'. You can not like those directions, sure, but they didn't get Modern Warfared.

Uniqueness not necessarily in the subject matter, but in what made them special as video games. Presumably you should bring back these franchises because there's something inherent to them as games that makes them worthy of bringing back. That isn't usually what we see. Bringing X-COM back as an FPS, for example, is a pretty huge departure from the classic games in the series (not that mech shooter shit).

OK all jokes aside, just because the main character looks like that doesn't automatically mean this is going to be a bad game. I'm going to hold out hope for now that there will be portals and wall walking and the same crazy stuff from Prey 1.

V_Ben

Banned
Neuromancer said:
OK all jokes aside, just because the main character looks like that doesn't automatically mean this is going to be a bad game.

But as a first impression goes... its pretty dire.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Neuromancer said:
OK all jokes aside, just because the main character looks like that doesn't automatically mean this is going to be a bad game. I'm going to hold out hope for now that there will be portals and wall walking and the same crazy stuff from Prey 1.
Right, but the assumption comes from the history of what usually happens after these reveals.

Jenga

Banned
V_Ben said:
That... looks interesting.

Also, Pete Hines' (Bethesda Guy) twitter says this;

So... they started again it sounds like.
so human head wanted to make prey ops before black ops?

Top Bottom