• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's XDefiant (Yes, that's what it's called) - Worldwide Premiere

cHaOs667

The Division and Watch dogs: Legion got the baby nobody wanted.

The only reason I would like to try this is for the "realistic firearms and gunplay" - the other stuff in the game looks like every other F2P (Apex/Overwatch/Valorant?) shooter on the market.

Sybrix

Imagine keeping Splinter Cell dormant for the last 10 years and bringing it back in this shit..........

200.gif

Shubh_C63

I won't be playing this CoD map but...Why are people so agitated over a game name ?

This could have been called Clive Barker's XD, or Hideo Kojima's XD and it would still be a game not for us.

or it's just a outlet for no new Splinter cell release ?

Arun1910

Ya ain’t gotta play it though. Lots of games out there.
Did you just not read my entire reply or did It not make sense to you? I never said I was going to play it.

I summarised in my reply to you why the situation is disappointing. It is disappointing seeing one of your favourite publishers take the routes I mentioned with all their games.

Vae_Victis

Banned
Didn't Ubisoft announce another game that looks and basically works the exact same as this not even a year ago? What happened to that? Are these games becoming so generic and forgettable not even their publishers remember they exist or which ones they own out of the bunch?

Anyway, more wood for the great "please I'm just like Overwatch/CoD/Fortnite please look at me and buy some microtransactions before I die a premature discontinuation" bonfire.

The Art directors at Ubi need to be fired. The art style of their games is so unappealing. Watchdogs, Farcry's DLC, and now this shit.

Ubi: If so we're making this new team based shooter that has factions from previous Tom Clancy games and we need you to come up with some concept art.

Art Director: Okay yeah well since Tom Clancy games have a dark gritty art esthetic, I was thinking about brightening it up with some eighties punk rock spray paint.

Ubi
guoGbrK.png
Okay sounds good.

Game Reveal:

DLGZCbd.jpg

Ubi:
ZyxSusJ.png

Last edited:

EekTheKat

Maybe my understanding of trigger discipline is incorrect, but I always thought it was finger on trigger only when you're about to shoot.

There's a section in the video seems to show finger off trigger while reloading, then finger immediately back on trigger - seemingly without shooting.

The it cuts to a character walking forward with what looks like finger on trigger at all times.

Probably a minor nitpick considering it's a game, but for something carrying Tom Clancy's name something like that should not be so easily overlooked.

But then again the rest of the game looks like a clown car exploded and splattered rainbow colored schmutz all over the screen.

Never thought the day would come where I'd wish for UBIsoft to dial back the space magic and aliens in the Tom Clancy franchise and go back to a more grounded experience.

Last edited:
You can tell that Ubisoft knows that they have to evolve their games as they have grown stale and boring but people keep having crushing reactions to what they show. I'm willing to give this a hands-on chance.

Max_Po

Banned
Tom Clancy would be turning in his grave .... ...... IF he is still alive...

meaning: this shit looks so trash he would dig a grave and turn left and right to erase it from existence

Kuranghi

Imagine a Splinter Cell game where you play as Sam Fisher dressed as he normally is for a mission but its set in the cities from AC1 and he's just constantly complaining about how sweaty he is, you try to tail people to listen in on their conversations but he gives himself away because the sweat is making loud rubber squeaking noises:

Slave owner in baths: "Did you hear that? The assassin draws near! I thought I smelled something!"

Even a fucking parody game would be something at this point.

There is being disappointed and then there is…this. What the hell kind of a post is this?
That's the thing I'm not just disappointed. Ubisoft went from fucking Far Cry 2, to this! I'm so sick of every company thinking that this kind of neon, edgy, lgbt colored culture is popular and great game design. It pisses me off. It's seaping to almost every multiplayer game design company in the industry.

Airbus Jr

Banned
If im Ubisoft il do everything to bring Kojima to make a Splinter Cell game

Seriously tactical espionage are the one thing he excell most

This XDeviant game has permanently damaged Tom Clancy name

Last edited:
Top Bottom