• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Hardy to be the new James Bond?

-Arcadia-

Banned
I think it fits. I can probably point you to a whole Gaf thread of people saying Craig is a complete mismatch, lol.

Imo, good casting, but in this age, I’m more concerned about simply having a good script, and also one free of being interfered with by silly pet causes.

MrS

Banned
Nobody could be worse than Daniel Craig. Nobody will be better than Connery. This is meh casting though. Hardy has given a few good performances, particularly in The Revenent, but I find him to be massively overrated. Doesn't have the requisite charisma for Bond.

Last edited:
What's wrong with being 5'7"? That's my height, and I share it with notable fellow giants of society and history such as Bono, Tom Cruise, Napoleon, Adolf Hitler and Bruce Lee.
You manlets sicken me. James Bond must be 6 feet tall AT LEAST. No one wants to see him in a life and death fist fight with this guy...

0a9d0cc031f2836928fc1102d7365e67.jpg

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
I think it fits. I can probably point you to a whole Gaf thread of people saying Craig is a complete mismatch, lol.

Imo, good casting, but in this age, I’m more concerned about simply having a good script, and also one free of being interfered with by silly pet causes.

I agree. I would rather get a younger actor but that neither here nor there.

Script is most important factor. The last several films have been disappointing. I’ve wanted a true adaptation of the Spectre story from the novels-no major changes set in the 50sbut Spectre and presumably No Time To Die have ruined any chance of that happening soon.

Maybe they’ll give Nolan a crack at it. I know he loves Bond.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I agree. I would rather get a younger actor but that neither here nor there.

Script is most important factor. The last several films have been disappointing. I’ve wanted a true adaptation of the Spectre story from the novels-no major changes set in the 50sbut Spectre and presumably No Time To Die have ruined any chance of that happening soon.

Maybe they’ll give Nolan a crack at it. I know he loves Bond.

If Michael Caine gets casted, we’ll know what’s up.

Ememee

Shinzon?

Fake edit: what's the problem people had with Craig? He seemed fine, but I'm not much of a Bond fan so I'm probably missing something.

Lmao..I remember people freaking out about the hair color. So. That was a thing then. But maybe the seriousness, as well? Especially in contrast with Brosnan who was charismatic as all hell.

MrS

Banned
nolan bond with hardy would be special
I disagree. Nolan does his worst work when he has to stick to the laws of our reality and linear storytelling. I think he'd be too hamstrung by the Bond universe.

Fake edit: what's the problem people had with Craig? He seemed fine, but I'm not much of a Bond fan so I'm probably missing something.
Wooden actor. No charisma. Looks like a fanny. Unbelievable as a womaniser. I could continue. Clive Owen should have got the job. Much better actor and he can do phenomenal work (Closer, Children of Men).

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
I disagree. Nolan does his worst work when he has to stick to the laws of our reality and linear storytelling. I think he'd be too hamstrung by the Bond universe.
nolan has tremendous capacity to reason spatial relations among objects and space, bond would do him good to learn how to frame those actions without significant edits

and i wanna see his vision of that world

frostyxc

My pick is Matthew Holness because I want to see James Bond's and Garth Marenghi's worlds collide.

As for Hardy, I'm down for this with the only stipulation being that he has to wear the Bane mask.

1. Moore
2. Connery
3. Dalton=Pierce
4. Lazenby
5. Craig
Craig was just too serious for his own good and he looked old AF in them, and even though i liked CR i felt his films lacked that JB magic.

Top Bottom