• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider (2018) Rottenwatch

Breakage

Wat? DoA was awesome. Came for Tina, got Tina.... 😁. The TR movie was alright but as a person who beat the reboot three times to have the movie be just welming doesn't sit well with me on top of it being a PG13 version of an R rated movie and the gratuitous China pandering couldn't the dude be polyasian or Japanese given the characters in the game and the Location.
The DoA film looked like a bunch of cosplayers trying to be serious. I thought it was hilariously bad.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Well it's already made more than the budget back. So it didn't bomb.

Generally movies have to more than double their budget to start getting profit. Studios only get a percentage of the foreign haul and the marketing costs for something like Tomb Raider would be close to the budget. So it's not out of the woods yet. Definitely not the strongest start for a potential franchise.

Last edited:

way more

Was this post sarcasm? I just saw the movie last night and the new actress was amazing in it. Extremely fit, good acting chops and absolutely gorgeous as well.

She had a much more realistic build for a world class athlete and honestly makes for a far better Tomb Raider than Jolie ever did.

Movie was pretty damn good as well, definitely better than the previous Tomb Raider films. Hope it gets a sequel.
Not sure if serious. By the way, Jolie admitted to padding her bra for the role.

I measure the cuck levels of the country by how big our movie stars breasts are, so yes, deadly serious.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious and amusing. Tomb Raider 2 was a big let down because half the time it was a man dressed up as her for the stunts.

NahaNago

The movie was pretty solid. I honestly thought it would be a bit worse. I guess I'd give it a "B to B-". I don't remember if it had music. Lara from what I saw should have been pretty much covered in bruises and cuts but outside of a stab wound and cuts to the face that we were made to notice, she was barely wounded considering how much she went through . It kinda felt like they didn't know if they were going for over the top style or serious. If they do a second one I feel they should be a bit more fast and the furious with the lines and some of the action.

sleeping dogs is going to be the next one to be awful if it ever happens. I just hope they get a director who understands how to do martial arts properly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom