• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider reboot (PC, PS3, 360) site opens

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread disgusts me. You know I come here to talk about Tomb Raider not read dumbass shit like "hurrr lara looks like Etreyu from neverending story" and "so there ripping off uncharted now" WTF

ArjanN said:
Forget Tomb Raider. It's this thread that needs a reboot.

:lol :lol :lol

Ellis Kim

Banned
StrayB said:
Excuse me for quote mining.
You did... right here:
Did I not make myself clear enough for you? Complete gender difference != inability to tell gender cues, which apparently a lot of people in this thread cannot do.

Do you know what immature means? How does describing a jaw as "manly" equate to having a immature perception? In 'traditional art', the features of a female face is very soft... and for males, it's very well defined. A female character can a well defined jaw and still look very feminine overall (The TRU in-game model for example). Same way a female character have slightly broader shoulders (man-shoulders) than usual, and still look fine. But people will still point that out and not like it. Big deal.

When a male character doesn't have superhero proportions, you'll find people not liking that either. Again, it's no big deal.

The argument only turns to shit when insults are passively thrown around for not praising artwork you're fond of (e.g. Hurr durr ITT nerds, virgins, lolis).
By "immature," I'm specifically referring to the small group of posters who seemingly have no ability to tell if someone's a man or a woman without seeing their genitals or chest. (And consequently, blame Square-Enix/Japan for any and all gender ambiguity in modern pop culture).

Why don't you actually explain your own stance, here, because if anything, that's the only thing you haven't made at all clear.

The argument being made so far in this thread is "hurr durr she has man jaw" and "lol she looks more girly/boyish in the second pic, so hawt" versus "wat, she doesn't look different in any significant way between either picture/does not look like a dude, go check your eyes."

Where do you sit, exactly? Because all I'm reading from you is "artists make art to appease people and their desire for the aesthetic of hollywood 'perfection.'"

Fitz

I was a little sceptical at first but I've quite warmed to the new look, only concern is that the gameplay is good and faithful to the series really. I have faith in CD, as long as they don't mess with the camera like they did in Underworld.

Plywood said:
But that's neither her nor there, this thread is about Lara Croft and the tombs she raids.

Speaking of which:

Considering all the creepy sex comments I'm surprised nobody's made a pun about that.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Totobeni said:
well this still don't explain why they put Tomb Raider and Hitman under "WRPG"
Maybe because Eidos doesn't have rpgs and they didn't want to put WRPG competitors?

Ellis Kim

Banned
Fimbulvetr said:
Speaking of which:

Considering all the creepy sex comments I'm surprised nobody's made a pun about that.
I like to think that its because we've collectively grown beyond that, but I'm sure I'll be proven wrong.

Dennis

Banned
Fimbulvetr said:
Speaking of which:

"I would like to raid her tomb alright"

Something like that?

Pooya

Plywood said:
Maybe because Eidos doesn't have rpgs and they didn't want to put WRPG competitors?
They have Dues Ex and Dungeon Siege but at the time of that presentation which IIRC is from GDC by Toriyama, Dues Ex wasn't revealed yet and Dungeon Siege wasn't even announced.

I hope her boobs are still extra large. I can't believe people in this thread are actually hoping she has smaller boobs. B cup? Ridiculous. Big boobs are Lara's signature. It's one of the things that makes her an iconic character for christ's sake.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Ellis Kim said:
I like to think that its because we've collectively grown beyond that, but I'm sure I'll be proven wrong.
Who actually grows beyond that? I mean, people can lie to themselves all they want, but that was an opening for a mildly humorous pun. If this thread didn't go up its own ass I'm sure the environment would've been suitably welcoming for such a pun. This thread is now hostile.

Hari Seldon

GDJustin said:
Half the fun of Tomb Raider is that she was incredibly rich. Her being a rich, playboy type (or playgirl I suppose) that traveled the world in search of treasure was a big part of the appeal.

Making her a normal civilian is a mistake imo.

To me, TR: Legend is probably the peak of the franchise. I liked the little team she had supporting her, the varied locales, etc.

Agreed.

MYE

Some of you need to lay off the lolicon/animu/hentai shit and at least google up what real women look like.

smh

Lunchbox said:
she's been covered in mud for the last few games

why did these fuckers develop a mud fetish?
she's running around in tombs and in jungles.

yeah, some people have a mud fetish, but it's actually more believable.

some of us like Lara cause she's a rough and tumble kind of action girl who doesn't mind getting dirty.

also, i like how she's a rich rara toff who likes killing endangered species.

Lunchbox said:

Let me further add to your question : why didn't these fuckers develop a mud fetish earlier?

Ellis Kim said:
Nomura couldn't draw a caucasian to save his life.
Are you kidding me? That's all him and the rest of the Japanese game industry draws. 80/15 Causasian/Japanese. The left over 5% is everything else.

New Lara looks good. Reminds me of an engineer at my work. I still remember the TR where they had her wearing makeup. Ffs that was stupid looking.

Fingers crossed.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
miladesn said:
They have Dues Ex and Dungeon Siege but at the time of that presentation which IIRC is from GDC by Toriyama, Dues Ex wasn't revealed yet and Dungeon Siege wasn't even announced.
Well there you go, they didn't have WRPG's *announced at the time.
Lunchbox said:

I blame Kate from LOST.

T91SI.jpg

O8Sin.jpg

sinxtanx

The-Warning said:
I hope her boobs are still extra large. I can't believe people in this thread are actually hoping she has smaller boobs. B cup? Ridiculous. Big boobs are Lara's signature. It's one of the things that makes her an iconic character for christ's sake.
I think that's the only reason they're only showing her face.

To see if they could get fans debating how big her boobs would be. And they succeeded.

I don't think they'll be as large anymore

Dennis

Banned
The more realistic the character model gets the more ridiculous and cartoony a huge pair of breast will look.

^^ Edit: oh for fucks sake, if everyone is getting a damn Lara avatar I might as well go back to Thane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom