• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 Has Done the Impossible. It's Made Me Feel Included

NikuNashi

She's talking about this game not games in general. I'm not quite sure what the point of saying you're gay in giant purple letters was or the implication that gay people don't have agendas (which I assume is code for right wing politics or bigotry towards women or minorities) but ok.

Not sure who appointed you morality police seargent online thread division.

I see you accusing gaf of being aggressive, right-wing, bigoted toward women and minorities, embarassing etc, etc. You seem quite a big fan of your ideology and everyone who doesn't think the same isn't just of different opinion but is morally misguided and needs to be converted right.

Small point that I made in another thread recently, the USA is not the start and end of the world. When you say minority you mean in the USA I assume, you are not talking about myself who is a minority foreigner living in Japan right? Something to think about when you band these phrases around as it comes across as being small minded and having no awareness that you are posting on an international forum with people from every country in the world here.

Soodanim

Gold Member
lol look at this message board hall monitor here

u got any opinions on the actual topic? or just gonna browbeat others like some bitchy schoolmarm?
There are posts that are just pictures of muppet games or insults about her looks, but I don't see you calling them out for not giving an opinion on the topic. If you're going to call it out, call it out.

The basis for the anecdote behind the article might be lacking, but maybe where she was she didn't experience the same inclusive environment. I'm not saying I'm right, I'm saying that jumping straight to "She's the enemy, the fat ugly cunt" (granted, some of that is Senua fucking about) doesn't do much for the discussion.

It's a positive piece. It isn't calling anyone out, it's just saying good things. Within the article there is a link to another article about Leo Baker getting into skateboarding because of a female skater in Tony Hawk and ended up being a pro skater included in the lineup of Tony Hawk. That's a nice little story.The game might influence some more people out there, and it doesn't take anything away to do it. There's no battle here.

Yet the anti-woke posts came in all the same. People ITT calling out "Strawman!", but a chunk of the thread is strawmen, replying to what theoretically might have happened if TH1+2 didn't have such a positive impression on her. And the points about the anti-woke mentality (like giving up gaming because wokeness will destroy it) are a valid observation about a subset of this forum. If it wasn't, the whole TLoU2 thing wouldn't have happened.

oagboghi2

Guys, women are literally 50% of the worlds population. You can't react like this everytime a woman says that she's happy to see a woman in a game.

How many of the people in this thread saying "I don't care about seeing myself represented" are straight, white dudes? Nothing wrong with being those things but come on you're missing the point.
I’m black, fuck off

#Phonepunk#

Banned
There are posts that are just pictures of muppet games or insults about her looks, but I don't see you calling them out for not giving an opinion on the topic. If you're going to call it out, call it out.
dude i am not the message board police. who are you to make demands of me?

i let people have their own opinions. why can't you?
the anti-woke posts came in all the same. People ITT calling out "Strawman!", but a chunk of the thread is strawmen, replying to what theoretically might have happened if TH1+2 didn't have such a positive impression on her. And the points about the anti-woke mentality (like giving up gaming because wokeness will destroy it) are a valid observation about a subset of this forum
you seem to be saying, by her predicting that people would get mad if she tried to make them mad, it proves her right. big deal, she provoked an internet reaction, which she herself caused. her points are valid, i agree with you there, but only because her point was "If I troll people, they will be upset".

she is an outrage merchant.

i don't know why you think this fact is worth giving her a pass, or why i need to be pressured into policing others into not making a joke about muppets. this woman is being paid to play a video game and talk about how it makes her feel. does me writing a mean comment on a random message board have any impact on her or her job or her life? no. in fact if anything it fuels her entire victim complex.

so people are mean online. why is that such a big issue here? we know people on the internet are dicks. we have known that for 20+ years at this point. this is not news. this is one thing i hate about modern critics, they tend to make it all about themselves.

you - and others like you - who are noticing a pattern of non-woke threads, and just now realizing you aren't on Era, being shocked or outraged at it, as if it is something WRONG that needs to be CORRECTED, a la you telling me to police the board and tone down jokes, it is as if you assume things should be like Era or some other forum. face it, the woke people left Neo and went over there. if you are expecting wokeness, you should go there. this place allows for more right wing and men's rights and other discussions. i'm sorry. it's something y'all will just have to tolerate.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

The basis for the anecdote behind the article might be lacking, but maybe where she was she didn't experience the same inclusive environment. I'm not saying I'm right, I'm saying that jumping straight to "She's the enemy, the fat ugly cunt" (granted, some of that is Senua fucking about) doesn't do much for the discussion.

It's a positive piece. It isn't calling anyone out, it's just saying good things. Within the article there is a link to another article about Leo Baker getting into skateboarding because of a female skater in Tony Hawk and ended up being a pro skater included in the lineup of Tony Hawk. That's a nice little story.The game might influence some more people out there, and it doesn't take anything away to do it. There's no battle here.

Yet the anti-woke posts came in all the same. People ITT calling out "Strawman!", but a chunk of the thread is strawmen, replying to what theoretically might have happened if TH1+2 didn't have such a positive impression on her. And the points about the anti-woke mentality (like giving up gaming because wokeness will destroy it) are a valid observation about a subset of this forum. If it wasn't, the whole TLoU2 thing wouldn't have happened.
It doesn’t matter where she lived. The fact is she is wrong. She is wrong about the skater culture. She is just making stuff up about skaters to pad her article. She is objectively wrong about how THPS handled character creation and representation. It’s not new to the franchise at all. It’s not a political statement. You can be angry people point that out, but that doesn’t make her less wrong.

She wrote a stupid, narcissistic article that is common on the internet, and people are laughing at her. Boo boo

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
lolvpj3w.png
We used to stack fucks like that in NAM and use em as sandbags.

In retrospect, it's sad how toxic this idea ingrained in me—where as a cis woman, I believed I had no place among the boys club of skateboarding, no matter how cool and welcoming it seemed to be
Why does she need to specify that she's a Cis woman? Just say as a woman, As soon as she starts inserting the 2016 gender identity labels in an article about a fucking video game you know she's a virtue signalling left loon who thinks writing like she's woke makes her sound smarter.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Eh Tony Hawk is a great game and she’s gushing about it for reasons that I don’t really care about. More power to her I guess.

I was kinda bummed I couldn’t change my skaters body type or have a balding haircut since most of us old school Tony Hawk fans are quite a bit older now.

she looks like one of those “ pretend a hot girl is ugly because she has glasses, wears overalls, and a bad hair style then all of a sudden hot after a make over” movie.

She’s really not bad looking if you google her name. That’s an awful picture and choice of bangs for sure.

CitizenX

Banned
It made me feel to how boring it is to be a kid today without those moments we all seemed to enjoy decades ago. it also makes me feel bad for devs trying to push the medium forward and get ignored for tired decade old games and those who cant let go.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Eh Tony Hawk is a great game and she’s gushing about it for reasons that I don’t really care about. More power to her I guess.

I was kinda bummed I couldn’t change my skaters body type or have a balding haircut since most of us old school Tony Hawk fans are quite a bit older now.

She’s really not bad looking if you google her name. That’s an awful picture and choice of bangs for sure.

yeah that’s my point. Those movies always have the hot girl that still looks hot even when she is not suppose to be. But they All do Wear that exact same outfit.
Like Brittany Murphy In clueless

Top Bottom