• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 |OT| free with selected cereal boxes

myco666

close

Edit:The inclusion of anything by Death makes it amazing-(for anyone who likes any form of punk-they had the punk sound a half decade before the Sex Pistols/Clash/Ramones took off)

Well atleast the soundtrack seems good. Shame that the game doesn't look nearly as good.

OnPoint

My magnum opus from the screenshot thread:

6vM4WyB.jpg

Tony might be a cool person but hard to respect someone who puts their name on inferior products, repeatedly. Gotta separate him from the business man.

close

Edit:The inclusion of anything by Death makes it amazing-(for anyone who likes any form of punk-they had the punk sound a half decade before the Sex Pistols/Clash/Ramones took off)
Sound track looks decent. Will wait for Jeff's impressions on the bombcast since it's not super expensive in Australia compared to what the US seems to have to pay.

Pillville

Tony might be a cool person but hard to respect someone who puts their name on inferior products, repeatedly. Gotta separate him from the business man.

If all you had to do was sign your name, and someone backed a truckload of money up to your house, would you care that your name is on a crappy video game?

jaxpunk

Haha Let me guess, you wouldn't accept those big fat checks until after the game was completed and they could prove the game was worthy of your name.

Nope you'd cash that check and say thanks! like everyone else.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider

Sigh, always the same story. I would let them put my name on literal bags of shit on store shelves for the money Tony Hawk will make from this game alone, and so would you.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I've never used redbox before but I might try this for a few days instead of relying on reviews.

Davey Cakes

This thread is WAY better than it ought to be. Thanks everyone.

I'm wondering if the game will be Tony Hawk 5/10. Probably won't even hit that mark.

I just realized I no longer own any Tony Hawk games. Sold them all off at some point. Now I'm sad.

darkbanjo

Just put an hour or so into this, actually not as bad as I had feared. It's not quite as tight as the original games (or at least as I remember the original games being), but it's not awful either.

I do wish that they'd stuck with the 1-3 style rather than the mission structure of 4. Interested to see whether the create-a-park feature brings about some good community content.

killroy87

This thread is WAY better than it ought to be. Thanks everyone.

I'm wondering if the game will be Tony Hawk 5/10. Probably won't even hit that mark.

I just realized I no longer own any Tony Hawk games. Sold them all off at some point. Now I'm sad.

Looks like it will be an IGN 5/10, everywhere else 3-4/10

Verfault

I bet the patch installs all of the adds the game has in the form of product placement. Holy crap! Mnt Dew trash cans, Go pro billboards and skull candy billboards just to name a few!

Top Bottom