• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 |OT| free with selected cereal boxes

McKO7Np.gif
I laughed more about this than about anything in the Buttsmasherrrr thread...

Ban Puncher

motherfucker compared to this sonic 4 is at least a gas station egg salad sandwich

Eating the aforementioned egg salad sandwich which results in violent and explosive diarrhoea that forces you to use the gas station toilet which has no door or seat sanitary covers and letting the fiery back-splash hit your undercarriage only to find out there is no roll of paper so you have to sacrifice both your socks and a shirt sleeve all whilst having to play BMX XXX with a Madcatz Pelican controller is a less shitty experience than Sonic 4.

But maybe THPS 5 can take the poop crown.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So Lil Wayne is playable which I've mentioned... But if you go to him in the skate player biographies and shit he has no name. So that kind of says a lot about this rushed game, doesn't it?

But I just went into a private game, with Wayne selected and load into the level... As someone else. As some completely different dude who isn't playable on the character roster. I don't k now where the fuck he came from, but he had a hankerchief in his backpocket. I quit out and came back and it was back to Wayne.

By the way the 'customize skater' function is just spending stat points from what I've seen. You can't change move set layouts, you can only view them there. You can't seem to change clothes nor change boards. 'Customize' is a very strong word for something it doesn't seem to be at all.

Valkrai

We had an entire generation full of shit Tony Hawk games, ABSOLUTE shit, and only now you know how that feels?

Not really, RIDE and past were completely shit. Everything before that wasn't bad. It's the Sonic Cycle but at least there was one game in there that was ok (Generations)

imBask

Banned
We had an entire generation full of shit Tony Hawk games, ABSOLUTE shit, and only now you know how that feels?

yeah because I skipped them, I was sad but I awlays had some hope

and then they announced they were "going back to their roots!" and got me back in the hype train

3 hungry hobos with rusty knives were waiting for me in that train

Syntsui

and then they announced they were "going back to their roots!" and got me back in the hype train

I lost my hope when they fucked up the remaster. I mean, THE HAD THE PERFECT GAMES, they only needed to improve the graphics and call it a day, but they managed to fuck up everything possible.

Nyoro SF

yeah you can't customize your deck at all

you could do that in the first game.
the.first.game.

I love this post

Welcome to the reality of modern outsourced mobile-to-console game development

daycru

Why don't we just get a THUG and THUG 2 remaster pack? The originals support 16:9 480p and a bunch of other shit. So much content.

They already tried to take the remake path, and couldn't even get that right. Activision has allowed Robomodo to spend four straight games drowning THPS in a river of shit. It's dead.

hypotc

Dear EA. Please save us by bringing SKATE to PS4/Xbone. I'd be content with a remake of one of the older ones aswell.

antitrop

I don't know how bad Sonic 4 is but THUG2 is actually really good. Almost even better than THUG.

Only reason I like THUG1 better than 2 is some soundtrack choices. THPS > THUG, tho. Getting off your skateboard is some pointless bullshit and my interest in the series lessened as the levels kept getting larger and larger. It started with THPS4.

meanspartan

Why the fuck can't Activision put a real team behind this with a good budget? This used to be a cornerstone franchise of theirs that people burnt out on, but by now I feel like if a Tony Hawk game came out that got at least 8s from the major reviewers, it would sell really well. People have had a chance to miss it.

But not this pile of dogshit. It's like they want it to fail.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also I don't know if I posted this in the OT or not but you can't map tricks to your button/direction of choice anymore either.

darkbanjo

So Lil Wayne is playable which I've mentioned... But if you go to him in the skate player biographies and shit he has no name. So that kind of says a lot about this rushed game, doesn't it?

But I just went into a private game, with Wayne selected and load into the level... As someone else. As some completely different dude who isn't playable on the character roster. I don't k now where the fuck he came from, but he had a hankerchief in his backpocket. I quit out and came back and it was back to Wayne.

By the way the 'customize skater' function is just spending stat points from what I've seen. You can't change move set layouts, you can only view them there. You can't seem to change clothes nor change boards. 'Customize' is a very strong word for something it doesn't seem to be at all.

Have you dabbled with the character customization stuff yet? It seems weird that rather than creating a new character, you edit one of the pro skaters into your Bioshock knock-off/Halo knock-off/etc.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Have you dabbled with the character customization stuff yet? It seems weird that rather than creating a new character, you edit one of the pro skaters into your Bioshock knock-off/Halo knock-off/etc.

There is no character customization. It doesn't exist., and I doubt you unlock it because the secret character is shown right on the screen of the skaters you can pick even before unlocking him. The pro skaters themselves only get other alternative clothes options(which is where you see other decks and the only place you see other decks)

BearPawB

Banned
Just got home from the redbox, waiting for the patch to install!
No way this game is worth $60, but lets see if it's worth $3

myco666

Only reason I like THUG1 better than 2 is some soundtrack choices. THPS > THUG, tho. Getting off your skateboard is some pointless bullshit and my interest in the series lessened as the levels kept getting larger and larger. It started with THPS4.

I prefer THUG1 since it has less Jackass. Walking is unnecessary for sure but didn't THUG add the possibility to change grind mid grind? I skipped THPS4 but I don't remember THPS3 having that feature.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Remember in the original how you could adjust trunk tightness for handling control vs speed? And all the pro skaters had different stats for different styles of play until you maxed out stats?

nope

amnesiac

I'm so sad this game turned out bad.

We probably won't be seeing another attempt at the classic THPS style for a very long time, if ever.

Honestly just make THPS 3+4 playable on modern consoles with some new textures and stuff; Robomodo has shown that they do not know how to make a Tony Hawk game.

Kiant

Why the fuck can't Activision put a real team behind this with a good budget? This used to be a cornerstone franchise of theirs that people burnt out on, but by now I feel like if a Tony Hawk game came out that got at least 8s from the major reviewers, it would sell really well. People have had a chance to miss it.

But not this pile of dogshit. It's like they want it to fail.

It's how Activision works with some of it IP. They just shit something out on the cheap and hope suckers buy it.

They let high moon spend time on 2 good transformer games and then a new movie is announced, so they crap out a terrible tie in, rather than spending money to fund a real 3rd game.

Masters of toying with your emotions.

antitrop

I'm so sad this game turned out bad.

We probably won't be seeing another attempt at the classic THPS style for a very long time, if ever.

Honestly just make THPS 3+4 playable on modern consoles with some new textures and stuff; Robomodo has shown that they do not know how to make a Tony Hawk game.

Only reason we even got this was because Activision extended their contract with Tony Hawk in 2002.

A contract that expires in 2015.

This is the last Tony Hawk game.

Fuck the world

Valkrai

Only reason we even got this was because Activision extended their contract with Tony Hawk, for some reason.

A contract that expires in 2015.

This is the last Tony Hawk game.

Fuck the world

Time for indie devs to make a similar game/continue the series.

darkbanjo

There is no character customization. It doesn't exist., and I doubt you unlock it because the secret character is shown right on the screen of the skaters you can pick even before unlocking him. The pro skaters themselves only get other alternative clothes options(which is where you see other decks and the only place you see other decks)

Nah, character customization is in. It's hidden away in some stupid non-descriptive menu screen. That's what the cards you get every now and again unlock.

"Third time's the charm! Due to overwhelming negative response, we here at Robomodo have decided to announce Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 0, the definite prequel to the first THPS game! We fucked up the last two, but we sure as hell will get this next one, right?"

antitrop

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ok this has happened enough times now that I've figured out it's NOT my sound system.

Sometimes there's just these gaps in the music. Like as if the music isn't fully loading in or some shit. I've NEVER heard this happen in a video game before. And it'll happen with any song.
Nah, character customization is in. It's hidden away in some stupid non-descriptive menu screen. That's what the cards you get every now and again unlock.

The cards unlock emblems for your online profile. I've gone through every single menu and there's been nothing about customization. If it exists, it's not accessible from the start which would be INCREDIBLY stupid.

Top Bottom