• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human - New Developer Diary

Why do I still download these? I know I'm not going to get even a half-decent look at the story or a new cutscene. Just SK talking about the principles of game design for 15 minutes while they smile at each other across their huge fucking office table.

It's getting harder to care about the game the longer we go without a demo and release date.

eve241

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Why do I still download these? I know I'm not going to get even a half-decent look at the story or a new cutscene. Just SK talking about the principles of game design for 15 minutes while they smile at each other across their huge fucking office table.

It's getting harder to care about the game the longer we go without a demo and release date.

These are not about showcasing content. Those would constitute spoilers.

stotch

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
Too Human and IGN are so close in my mind that their review is going to be completely meaningless to me.

I think 2 editors on IGN's 360 podcast are really doubtful about it and a 3rd is positive about it because he thinks Dyack would be totally screwed if it didn't turn out good. Edit: (the podcast is called 3 Red Lights - :lol at that channel)

DuckRacer

MrHicks said:
when the fuck is this coming out?
i feel like i've been reading about the dev diaries forever
Well, it was originally supposed to come out May 6th (see: GameStop leak, Dyack hints on 1UY), but since GTA4 comes out a week earlier they probably went "screw it, let's delay this until August and polish it up some more."

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Sho_Nuff82 said:

pretty much my feeling too, man. and i've been a huge advocate of it from the beginning.

bdouble

Sho_Nuff82 said:

Yeah man they sure have a lot of cool things around that office. Kick ass chess set and the water art is priceless. Not to mention the Megaman bobble heads. :lol

Moar Gameplay Plz.

voltron

This game is going to kick some serious ass. It almost makes me content that Alan wake is still barely a blip on the horizon of my metaphorical radar. Almost.

I'm kinda bummed this game won't come out in May. Now it's probably gonna come out in the fall when I'm swamped with school and a new job and won't have any time whatsoever for videogames.

Oh well, at least GTA4 will occupy my emptiness.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
What the hell was up with that mockumentary shit? That seems like a lot of effort to go through for something so few are going to watch.

SPEA

Duck said:
Well, it was originally supposed to come out May 6th (see: GameStop leak, Dyack hints on 1UY), but since GTA4 comes out a week earlier they probably went "screw it, let's delay this until August and polish it up some more."
Yeah that sounded like may of been the case. When Rockstar announced GTA's release date, it was smart of Microsoft to delay it a little bit. It would've gotten hammered.

Sinatar said:
What the hell was up with that mockumentary shit? That seems like a lot of effort to go through for something so few are going to watch.

When you're working on MS' payroll, every day is casual Podcast day!

voltron

Aristotlekh said:
I'm kinda bummed this game won't come out in May. Now it's probably gonna come out in the fall when I'm swamped with school and a new job and won't have any time whatsoever for videogames.

Oh well, at least GTA4 will occupy my emptiness.

Im always curious when people say they have no time for games... if youre single with no family etc just stay up late. Weekends too.

voltron said:
Im always curious when people say they have no time for games... if youre single with no family etc just stay up late. Weekends too.

When I'm done with the day I don't have the concentration ability to play games that require any serious thought. I can do Rock Band, Wario Ware, shit like that, but stuff that requires sitting down for an hour and actually accomplishing an objective - that shit ain't happening.

Uncle said:
Smells like viral marketing. Though the site is not up yet.
http://www.norwegianfilmcommittee.org/

Apparently it was registered in february.
http://www.registereddate.com/new/org_080215_0001.html

No it's REAL.

1127430481.jpg

SPEA

Hammer24 said:
Then THE DAY can´t be too far off. :D
I hope so. My guess is Late July/Early August. There not gonna put it in June cause of NG2 and definitely not in May cause thats GTA month.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Do want. And I'm not even going to watch the video.

There mere hint that it could be the "next PSO" is good enough for me :mad:

a.wd

Cmon Dennis I know you can do it...deliver the goods....seriously is there pretty much a AAA game every month or so this year?

Is this another blog update, where they spend hours talking about story and player flow, sense of reality, and all their made up PR bullshit, and never like, show off the game?

Hammer24

Banned
SPEA said:
I hope so. My guess is Late July/Early August. There not gonna put it in June cause of NG2 and definitely not in May cause thats GTA month.

How about a surprise April release? Thats what I´m still crossing my fingers for...

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Francias Castiglione said:
That mockumentary was pretty good actually. I hope the viral site is going to expand on the "Too Human is based on REALITY!" notion.

Yup. Looks like we have an ARG firing up. Production value of that "documentary" is off the charts. Really amazing stuff.

I wonder if anyone at unfiction has picked up on it.

urk said:
Yup. Looks like we have an ARG firing up. Production value of that "documentary" is off the charts. Really amazing stuff.

I wonder if anyone at unfiction has picked up on it.

The part of that documentrary with the Hockey players in the rink just looking at this thing, going, "WTF?" was pure gold.

SPEA

I liked the "documentary". The acting was good and it was really well done. You guys are hard to please.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
http://www.norwegianfilmcommittee.org/

The "Goblin Man of Norway" is now viewable at the website linked in the IGN Diary. The urls were all broken this morning, but they're up now with more information about the film.

Looks like we might see a full on ARG. Microsoft putting some advertising weight behind Too Human? Would seem so.

Top Bottom