• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zenless Zone Zero in development for PS5 | State of Play

Doom85

Good times, some of the beta impressions of ZZZ have been quite positive and MiHoYo is on an impressive hot streak.

I am concerned how the developers will treat their fans.

Honkai Star Rail just got a ton of fan love due to giving out a free new 5 star character, Dr. Ratio, as well as the next massive update giving players 20 free pulls in the gacha banners as opposed to the usual 10 for an update (and the calculations based on rewards earned in game for the new big planet have shown players can earn up to 120 pulls with this update).

Meanwhile Genshin Impact for its big new update is giving its players.…three pulls……and a 4 star character of their pick.

This has caused the meme “GENSHIN COULD NEVER” to take off fast in the last week or so, and Genshin managed to lose a million followers on social media in a single day over this.

I’m glad I personally lost interest in Genshin after about four months of playing (fighting the same boss for upgrades got too tedious for me), but Star Rail has remained very fun with lots to do and also a good MC not shackled down by an annoying little shit called Paimon.

To be clear, I’m not saying Genshin is a bad game, just that its fans should be treated better by the game’s developers.

So I am approaching this one skeptically. It could be good, but I don’t want to be playing a gacha game that is super stingy with rewards. Plus it doesn’t help that in terms of gacha games with an urban setting, Project Mugen looks more fun to me personally though it is further away for release.

Pros:

- Different setting and core gameplay from their other games

- Animations are FANTASTIC. Top-3 in the genre for sure.

- They didn't nerf the pink-hair girl.

Cons:

- You cannot use the characters you get while exploring the world. (this one is VERY bad and I hope they change it before release)

- The TV system is a question mark.

Mihoyo is on a winning streak but they cannot get overconfident, with Kuro (Wuthering Waves) and Hypergryp (Arknights) joining the PS5 party soon.

Meanwhile Genshin Impact for its big new update is giving its players.…three pulls……and a 4 star character of their pick.
I believe star rail is getting "better" treatment because it's a spinoff to honkai impact, which gets the best treatment out of all their games; since the events leading to star rail were shown in-game in honkai impact, the honkai team probably expected many players to also start playing star rail, and since it's "honkai" also to expect the same "good" treatment.
Also the chinese honkai fans are batshit crazy, and mihoyo is always bending over backwards to keep them happy.

I am concerned how the developers will treat their fans.

Honkai Star Rail just got a ton of fan love due to giving out a free new 5 star character, Dr. Ratio, as well as the next massive update giving players 20 free pulls in the gacha banners as opposed to the usual 10 for an update (and the calculations based on rewards earned in game for the new big planet have shown players can earn up to 120 pulls with this update).

This has caused the meme “GENSHIN COULD NEVER” to take off fast in the last week or so, and Genshin managed to lose a million followers on social media in a single day over this.

I’m glad I personally lost interest in Genshin after about four months of playing (fighting the same boss for upgrades got too tedious for me), but Star Rail has remained very fun with lots to do and also a good MC not shackled down by an annoying little shit called Paimon.

To be clear, I’m not saying Genshin is a bad game, just that its fans should be treated better by the game’s developers.

So I am approaching this one skeptically. It could be good, but I don’t want to be playing a gacha game that is super stingy with rewards. Plus it doesn’t help that in terms of gacha games with an urban setting, Project Mugen looks more fun to me personally though it is further away for release.

Yeah I got these games mixed up. This is the game I’m looking forward to.

Top Bottom