• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

DustinC

Chrange said:
I don't think the ones in the World Tree count - though the one to ENTER the World Tree does, I believe.

There's also a hidden one in Ice Forest - when you take the first jump pad, turn to the right and bust a hole in the wall.

Yeah, just the initial well at the World Tree from what I understand.

If I am missing any, it's definitely in the Ice Forest. I just came across that multi-level secret area battle yesterday for the first time.

border

I got my Epic Berserker set (Cybernetic) at 46 hours in, from a friend who is apparently now one of the game's biggest armor and weapons traders. He has an epic set for every alignment of every single class. So needless to say, the duping situation is out of control. I'm not really sure what Silicon Knights can do to fix it, since it sort of revolves around exploiting the conventions of the Operating System/blades.....and that sort of thing is beyond their control.

The epic armor is pretty cool, and I like being able to 1-shot certain named monsters. The damage I see from a regular non-crit swing is about 6000. That said, SK's intent was to make you invest 120-140 hours in the game to make you get this stuff. If I had done that, I'd be pretty disappointed. It makes you a lot better, but it doesn't turn you into a god.

I still don't have an Epic Cannon, and am working on finishing a couple Epic Charms for damage-to-health conversion and damage absorption. Once the runes are up I'll be really interested to see what I can do. Damage won't go up, but survivability should be through the roof.

C Jones

Chrange said:
I don't think the ones in the World Tree count - though the one to ENTER the World Tree does, I believe.

There's also a hidden one in Ice Forest - when you take the first jump pad, turn to the right and bust a hole in the wall.
Ah ok, thanks. I actually have the one in Ice Forest and the one you refered to earlier in Helheim...now I'm stumped. But I keep finding new things in the levels as I replay them, so I'm not shocked I missed something.

TomServo

border said:
I got my Epic Berserker set (Cybernetic) at 46 hours in, from a friend who is apparently now one of the game's biggest armor and weapons traders. He has an epic set for every alignment of every single class. So needless to say, the duping situation is out of control. I'm not really sure what Silicon Knights can do to fix it, since it sort of revolves around exploiting the conventions of the Operating System/blades.....and that sort of thing is beyond their control.

I'll take a cybernetic champion set, please. :p

Human defender too, it that's not asking too much.

Seriously though, I don't see myself putting 120 hours into the game. I've got about 55 hours in my champion and after completing two epic charms (one gravity projector and one rotting DoT) there's nothing left except to get the armor. No thanks.

Release a couple fo DLC dungeons along the lines of HoH or WS, and I may get interested again.

C Jones

TomServo said:
I'll take a cybernetic champion set, please. :p

Human defender too, it that's not asking too much.

Seriously though, I don't see myself putting 120 hours into the game. I've got about 55 hours in my champion and after completing two epic charms (one gravity projector and one rotting DoT) there's nothing left except to get the armor. No thanks.

Release a couple fo DLC dungeons along the lines of HoH or WS, and I may get interested again.
What were the requirements for the gravity projector? I have one where you have to achieve a 200 plus combo 80 times - my max combo through about 33 hours is only 150 something. Did you have another requirement? If you didn't, how did you get your combo so high with the champion?

TomServo

C Jones said:
What were the requirements for the gravity projector? I have one where you have to achieve a 200 plus combo 80 times - my max combo through about 33 hours is only 150 something. Did you have another requirement? If you didn't, how did you get your combo so high with the champion?

I got lucky - requirement was to destroy 150 containers. Laughably easy, maybe three or four HoH runs.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
What the hell. How can anyone complain about this game's graphics? The last level has some of the best graphics this gen, period.

Zertez

RSTEIN said:
What the hell. How can anyone complain about this game's graphics? The last level has some of the best graphics this gen, period.
I think a lot of people are basing the games graphic on the cut scene animation and the first level/demo level. The first level and second are by far the worse levels as far as background graphics. The whole thing is pretty bland and very repetitious until you get to the end. Hel and the world serpent are nice levels. Hopefully Sk learned from Hels layout and variety of enemies and TH2 will feature more levels like it.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
So I decided to get every class to level 10, started off with a Commando. Man are they ever fun! Most things don't even get close to me since I mow 'em down so fast. That is, until, I met up with the gun-immune guys. I guess they needed something in the game to keep Commandos on their toes! Still, I'm really liking him and I look forward to taking him to level 50.

Next up was Bio Eng. Ugh, not feeling this one at all. SOOOO SLOOOOWWWW, I felt like I was in slow motion constantly after playing a Berserker and Commando. Still, I managed to not ever die during HoH with him. I passed the first timed secret room with 9 seconds to spare but failed the second one miserably. I doubt I'll stick with him, just not my cup o' tea.

Raide

Diseased Yak said:
So I decided to get every class to level 10, started off with a Commando. Man are they ever fun! Most things don't even get close to me since I mow 'em down so fast. That is, until, I met up with the gun-immune guys. I guess they needed something in the game to keep Commandos on their toes! Still, I'm really liking him and I look forward to taking him to level 50.

Next up was Bio Eng. Ugh, not feeling this one at all. SOOOO SLOOOOWWWW, I felt like I was in slow motion constantly after playing a Berserker and Commando. Still, I managed to not ever die during HoH with him. I passed the first timed secret room with 9 seconds to spare but failed the second one miserably. I doubt I'll stick with him, just not my cup o' tea.

Commando class is great fun once you start getting the good weapons but it can be horrible when you get jumped by elites. :lol Its a bit nasty once you hit 50 because everything hits so hard, so don't skimp on Armour/HP.

Bio-Engineers start off pretty slow but they do start to get really good. Combat is slower, especially if you have placed a Berserker but being able to stay alive makes up for that. Stick to Hammers so you can juggle them and build those combo points up. You also make one of the most valuable co-op partners too! Between passive health regen, shield spider and battle-cry heals, you pretty much never die unless you happen to do something stupid. :D

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Raide said:
Commando class is great fun once you start getting the good weapons but it can be horrible when you get jumped by elites. :lol Its a bit nasty once you hit 50 because everything hits so hard, so don't skimp on Armour/HP.

Bio-Engineers start off pretty slow but they do start to get really good. Combat is slower, especially if you have placed a Berserker but being able to stay alive makes up for that. Stick to Hammers so you can juggle them and build those combo points up. You also make one of the most valuable co-op partners too! Between passive health regen, shield spider and battle-cry heals, you pretty much never die unless you happen to do something stupid. :D

Yeah I took the middle path with my Bio cause it seemed to be the best. Am I correct in thinking the shield spider works whether you are near it or not? As best I could tell, it was protecting me even if I wasn't near it, but I may have been seeing things wrong in the heat of battle.

Raide

Diseased Yak said:
Yeah I took the middle path with my Bio cause it seemed to be the best. Am I correct in thinking the shield spider works whether you are near it or not? As best I could tell, it was protecting me even if I wasn't near it, but I may have been seeing things wrong in the heat of battle.

Yeah, you can drop it and run along to fight the enemy but I tend to use it as close to the enemy as possible, just so you get the maximum time out of it. I usually juggle one and while I am hitting them, you can drop the spider from the air. :lol

Using the fierce attack for weapons is also a must for Bio-Engineers as it can give you some breathing time to pick off the weaklings. :D

Wizpig

Sometimes i press Y to drop my spider-turret-whatever and instead of shooting the enemies it just stay still or walk around... wtf.
Maybe i should battle cry first?

By the way i still don't get how runes work.
Sure, you equip them and you try to beat the requirements, but... after you did so?
What do you have to do?

edit. Ugh, i meant charms, not runes.

Wizpig said:
Sometimes i press Y to drop my spider-turret-whatever and instead of shooting the enemies it just stay still or walk around... wtf.

Sure, you equip them and you try to beat the requirements, but... after you did so?
What do you have to do?

Well you have to insert the runes into the level 1 charms. And you have to insert level 1 charms into level 2 charms.

I think you have to both fill them and complete the condition to make them work, but i am not sure.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Wizpig said:

What do you have to do?

You've got the first part down: equiping them and fulfilling the requirements. After that, you simply leave them equip'd and they will do whatever it is that they say they'll do.

The trade-off comes in either having one that's complete equip'd, or working on fulfilling another. I usually do a little of both: I'll sometimes work on a level 3 charm, but other times I'll have both slots filled with already completed level 2's, if I'm just wanting to do equipment runs and need/want the extra help.

glaurung

After looking for the armor pre-order codes on eBay I found a few guys that sell those, but they're all from Asia.

Hence a question: are the pre-order codes acceptable world-wide or will I be buying useless strings for my European marketplace/PAL game?

Glix

:lol :lol :lol

I just noticed the "I'm Rich" achievement, is actually "I'm Rich..."

hehe

2846458376_8dc6f84fb6_o.jpg

Combine

Banned
RSTEIN said:
Yeah, I had my jaw open for almost all of Helheim. It was amazing just how detailed and complex that environment is. I do agree that I think people mainly focused on the animations (way too harshly IMO) when making the overall graphics judgement.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Beat the game last night. Clocked in ~15 hours with a Level 29 Defender. The problems with the game are well known and talked about to death. There are serious issues here, ranging from sound bugs, cut and paste level design, balancing issues, etc. That being said, overall the game was a great ride and brought something unique to the 360. I'm really looking forward to the sequel.

Anyone want to co-op with a lowly level 29?

border said:

The epic armor is pretty cool, and I like being able to 1-shot certain named monsters. The damage I see from a regular non-crit swing is about 6000. That said, SK's intent was to make you invest 120-140 hours in the game to make you get this stuff. If I had done that, I'd be pretty disappointed. It makes you a lot better, but it doesn't turn you into a god.

I still don't have an Epic Cannon, and am working on finishing a couple Epic Charms for damage-to-health conversion and damage absorption. Once the runes are up I'll be really interested to see what I can do. Damage won't go up, but survivability should be through the roof.

I have the Epic Cannon if you can help me with some Epic Armor. We can trade one piece if you want, but I only need three more pieces (hands, feet, shoulders). I am 90 hours in with my Cybernetic Berserker and over 130 hours in total with all my characters.

HiredMan

The World Serpent conveyor belt runs are where it's at for epic loot.

After putting in around 20 (post level 50) hours with my Cybernetic Defender and only getting 3 epic charms and an epic rune, I spent an hour and a half last night doing the conveyor belt run. Result? 2 peices of my set (boots and sword), a pair of epic pistols, one more epic charm and another epic rune. Gonna put a couple more hours in tonight.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
HiredMan said:
The World Serpent conveyor belt runs are where it's at for epic loot.

After putting in around 20 (post level 50) hours with my Cybernetic Defender and only getting 3 epic charms and an epic rune, I spent an hour and a half last night doing the conveyor belt run. Result? 2 peices of my set (boots and sword), a pair of epic pistols, one more epic charm and another epic rune. Gonna put a couple more hours in tonight.

What is this conveyor belt run I've heard about? Is this in level 3?

Xenon

Truelize said:
What is this conveyor belt run I've heard about? Is this in level 3?

Start the Serpent world level in the fourth area(3-4) and Complete the last two areas. Though some would argue that you just restart it after you kill all the leaders on the conveyor belts. The idea is that it increases the amount of possible red drops in the shortest amount of time.

edit: I had a Groundhog Day experience on the run today. I started what I thought was a locked game to run a quick network game solo. But I forgot to lock the slot. So I just played through with this guy. When we got to the conveyor room we cleared out the goblins and spider. Then the game just blinked and we were outside the room again. We walked back in to find all the monsters had re-spawed. This happened 5 times. Finally I jumped on the conveyor to spawn the leaders and it stopped. weird.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Xenon said:
Start the Serpent world level in the fourth area(3-4) and Complete the last two areas. Though some would argue that you just restart it after you kill all the leaders on the conveyor belts. The idea is that it increases the amount of possible red drops in the shortest amount of time.

So finish the entire level including the boss at the end? Or just the belt section?

Xenon

Truelize said:
So finish the entire level including the boss at the end? Or just the belt section?

Its up to you. Try them both and see what produces the most loot for you. I have never gotten anything good from the Boss or monsters after the conveyor, still I finish once and a while. Sometimes it seems like the game knows what you up to and starts handing out shit like blue and white items. I just quit and go back later.

HiredMan

Xenon said:
Its up to you. Try them both and see what produces the most loot for you. I have never gotten anything good from the Boss or monsters after the conveyor, still I finish once and a while. Sometimes it seems like the game knows what you up to and starts handing out shit like blue and white items. I just quit and go back later.

This is true, the game does know through the token system.

I never run to the boss after the conveyor belts, the reason being that you will not have the token sequence for the boss to drop enought good loot. The boss' are geared so that they drop the best loot when you have completed all of the tokens for the level sections leading up to them, however, this doesnt seem to affect elite mobs wich also drop good loot. Section 3-4 of world serpent seems to have the highest concentration of elite mobs in the shortest section.

My boots actually dropped off one of the spiders before the elite goblins on the conveyor belt :)

fin

voltron said:
FUCK THIS FUCKING FUCKED UP SHIT FUCK GAME

100 HRS AND 4 PIECES? FUCK YOU DYACK

That's the reason I quit playing with my lvl 50 Champion. The Epic stuff is too rare. I put 45 hours into my Champion and not one piece of my epic set. I just have to complete my red charm and I'll be done with the level 50 end-game. I wanna max out the other classes though and see what their powers are and how they play.

TomServo

voltron said:
FUCK THIS FUCKING FUCKED UP SHIT FUCK GAME

100 HRS AND 4 PIECES? FUCK YOU DYACK

The best part for me? I actually fired up the game last night to run through Helhiem. Take down Hel, hear the chanting music indicating I got a red drop. It was the blueprint for a staff that I already had crafted and had sitting in my inventory. LOL. Around 55 hours and have 1 piece of set armor and my set weapon.

I will say the game gets a bit easer after completing a couple of red charms. I've got the gravity well triggered off of armor hits and a poison DoT triggered off of both armor and weapon hits. They seem to proc at the right time, and the +1 to all skills each one has makes a pretty big difference. I'm slicing through the undead in Helhiem as fast as I am the goblins in HoH.

I'm not too worried about the epic shit. I figure if the next game gets made its going to have level 60-75 (wherever the cap is) epic items. So why try and hammer and grind out an inferior set. I got every class to level 50 though so I'll be ready to use them in the next game if that's possible.

fin

xxjuicesxx said:
I'm not too worried about the epic shit. I figure if the next game gets made its going to have level 60-75 (wherever the cap is) epic items. So why try and hammer and grind out an inferior set. I got every class to level 50 though so I'll be ready to use them in the next game if that's possible.

SOB, I'm actually jealous. That just gives me more of a reason to start playing it again.

voltron

Well well well..... HIREDMAN you are a God. I do 1 run on the shitty conveyor belt and the first drop I get is my Spectral Pillars of the Desecrator leggings for my cyb berserker.

Unbelievable. I dont mind saying that epic chanting gave me a raging hard on.

Now Ive got 5/7 of my epic set.

Hawk269

U K Narayan said:
All they need to do is enable four-player cooperative, and I would probably play this game forever. Well, at least until the sequel comes out.

That and maybe one new level...hell...they made enough of the cyberspace enviroment to easily make a level out those assets to give us anothe level.

For 4 player coop they would have to so do some modifications to some of the levels, but I do not think that is something that they could not do. I think it has to do more with the game balancing, but hey, they have the infrastructure already there...so when now?

ravien56

so I finally beat the game, I wanna go back and level up, but whenever i hit continue campaign, it just restarts the game...is that how it works? I thought they had arena challenges?

voltron

mh56 said:
so I finally beat the game, I wanna go back and level up, but whenever i hit continue campaign, it just restarts the game...is that how it works? I thought they had arena challenges?

Yeah continue campaign. As soon as it loads hit start and go back to Aesir. Then choose the different levels from the map in Aesir. You get new encounters and tougher battles and lose all the cut scenes. Its definitely the way to go once youve finished and wanna level.

TwoBacks

Neo Member
Go to Aesir from the in game menu. From there you go to the map screen, it gives you the option (press X I think ) to return to any of the levels you have finished with remixed setups.

voltron said:
Yeah continue campaign. As soon as it loads hit start and go back to Aesir. Then choose the different levels from the map in Aesir. You get new encounters and tougher battles and lose all the cut scenes. Its definitely the way to go once youve finished and wanna level.

Can you still do that once you start a second campaign? I'm on World Serpent for my second time through but I think I'd rather do the more challenging stuff now.

Hawk269

Flunkie said:
Yay, update. No more long death sequence.

Ummm..no that update was only to fix some connectivity issues. That update also released about a week ago. No other changes were made...the death sequence is still there.

Did you even try it before spewing BS?

PSGames

Quick question guys.. once you've completed the objectives for a charm and have inserted whatever runes are required does that Charm have to be in one of the Active slots for it to take effect? I've heard conflicting reports on this.

mm04

PSGames said:
Quick question guys.. once you've completed the objectives for a charm and have inserted whatever runes are required does that Charm have to be in one of the Active slots for it to take effect? I've heard conflicting reports on this.

Yes, it's just like having trinkets in WoW. You can only have 2 active at a time, so I mix and match them depending on the situation.

TwoBacks

Neo Member
Speschal K said:
Can you still do that once you start a second campaign? I'm on World Serpent for my second time through but I think I'd rather do the more challenging stuff now.

I believe you can only do it once you start a second campaign. When jumping levels you can only jump to those that you have completed before (I think).

voltron said:
Well well well..... HIREDMAN you are a God. I do 1 run on the shitty conveyor belt and the first drop I get is my Spectral Pillars of the Desecrator leggings for my cyb berserker.

Unbelievable. I dont mind saying that epic chanting gave me a raging hard on.

Now Ive got 5/7 of my epic set.

What the fuck man, I played from 3-4 to the end of the conveyor belt 5 times earlier today and I didn't get a single red drop, let alone an epic armor piece. I am not at 50 hours and still no epic armor or weapon drops :(

DYYYYAAACCCKKKKK

Xenon

The last two times I started a online short conveyor run(kill the 6 leaders and quit) I have picked up a piece of my Epic set, shoulder and chest pieces. 4/7 down =)

Rifle- Shop
Head- not sure
Gauntlet- Leader
Shoulder- Leader
Chest- Spider

mm04

Sometimes you get lucky, most times you don't! I have 3 red items, 2 from the conveyor belt area. Sacred Honor Sword for my Cybernetic Defender actually dropped from the obelisk right at the start of the conveyor belts. I don't like using swords, but since it was my first red/class specific weapon, I figured why not. I also got a red rune from a named on the belts. My red charm dropped off an obelisk in cyber-space from all places.

I've only done about 5 or so conveyor belt runs, so hopefully I get another drop sometime soon. As someone who played EQ to max level prior to the expansions, I remember how friggin long it took me to get my indicolite armor set for my warrior. So maybe I'm a little more prepared than the normal gamer to grind it out for my armor set and weapons.

Top Bottom