• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMyers

Happy New Year!

VKyt2EZ.gif

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I wonder if Aniplex will be rather fast on the dub this time around and we'll get SAOII by the end of the year on Toonami. =D

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh God, considering how they said they've been pleased with SAO ratings, I can't help but think SAO2 will get picked up & we'll have to continue watching it.

Speaking of ratings, we should know how Trigun did today, right?

kayos90

Yeah they should get all over this and see if they can start dubbing it either simultaneously or a few months after.

There's no way it'll start at the end of this year. I was just being hopeful and naive. Product release timing will be the huge factor preventing it from airing this year.

Oh God, considering how they said they've been pleased with SAO ratings, I can't help but think SAO2 will get picked up & we'll have to continue watching it.

Speaking of ratings, we should know how Trigun did today, right?

Sao is the gift that keeps on giving

Unless new years throws things off we should know Triguns ratings this year.

There's no way it'll start at the end of this year. I was just being hopeful and naive. Product release timing will be the huge factor preventing it from airing this year.

Do we know for sure when sao2 is airing in Japan? I'm assuming either summer or fall

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
SAO S2 is official? *sighs* I knew it was going to happen, I just didn't think it would be this soon.

BatDan

SAO S1 premiered in fall of 2012 so it'll probably be 2 years later assuming S2 is fall 2014. Seems like a fairly decent turn around time.

Oh...
Still, if what I hear about the remainder of Season 1 is true... then S2 is not looking bright.

Tamanon

Banned
Unless Toonami is pulling another Space Dandy here, SAO II is 2015 at the earliest.

The only show I can see Toonami even trying to co-fund at this point would be Bleach's final arc when it's announced, but they might just coast on reruns for it until then.

The only show I can see Toonami even trying to co-fund at this point would be Bleach's final arc when it's announced, but they might just coast on reruns for it until then.

We have to see how space dandy does, if it explodes due to airing before Japan in the west we may see more companies attempting the same time dub shenanigans

Raxus

Even as a banner Naruto has derp face.

:( One Piece Banner

:( Soul Eater Banner (Stein)

HAHAHAHAHA the SAO banner

kayos90

This fucking Extra Episode of SAO is one hour and 40 fucking minutes long. FUCK. Why? It better not have reused scenes in this shit.

Raxus

This fucking Extra Episode of SAO is one hour and 40 fucking minutes long. FUCK. Why? It better not have reused scenes in this shit.

More room for backstory and plot developments.

Speaking of that
Will Season 2 have the episodes Kirito becomes a girl because if so it will be a wonderful hatewatch.

Crocodile

Fairy Dance? Phantom Bullet? These all sound like Jojo parts. If only SAO was more like Jojos and less like itself :(

Also lol at the SAO 2 promo having a gratuitous butt shot in it. I guess we can expect a lot more plot and backstory in the next season.

We have to see how space dandy does, if it explodes due to airing before Japan in the west we may see more companies attempting the same time dub shenanigans

God I hope it blows up. With the meh state Western action animation is in right now we could all use some more high budget, Western targeted anime on TV.

kayos90

This episode is an hour and a half recap episode with characters swimming and narrating shit. WHERE IS MY ACTION!

BatDan

SAO has weird arc names.
The first one with the titular game is called Aincrad
The one we're watching on Toonami now with the new game is Fairy Dance
The one S2 is promoting is Phantom Bullet

And according to the source I'm reading, there's three more arcs in the novels that have yet to be animated.
Caliber, Mother's Rosario, and Project Alicization

Though JJBA still wins for being awesome.

Crocodile

But then SAO would premiere on Toonami!! Do you know how much that would kill us?

I feel safe in saying at no point in time was SAO created with the Western audience in mind. At the very least, any fruits born of the Space Dandy seed with be incest free and only have grown ass woman (and not little girl) plot and back story.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
jd9q2qz92emh_happy_face.png
Proper SKETCH DUMPIN' started the 3rd week of April, with a retrospective post going back to some previous stuff I drew before posting them here. Since then, only 1 week has been totally missed, and that's the week I was at Animazement! (May #4)

jd9q2qz92emh_frustrated_face.png
This Viewmaster is not a collection of favorite pics, but moreso a collection of some of the defining moments of Toonami 2013. I had regret over having nothing to remember Classic Toonami with... so I make these images as proof of where I was on these weeks, which I've now been able to share with all of you! So, a year in Review, Toonami Faithful...

Toonami Year in the Black & White Viewmaster :

zlCfzQ9k-ckVrSQuIh
zlCfzQ9MXJsKSAR_pA

zlCfzQ-AEBsEC3FTPH
zlCfzQ-bhHE-te3_KR

zlCfzQ-3Iz4c7-PlC3
zlCfzQ_QPjg3FcwGI9

zlCfzRAIIx4qTkTgVt
zlCfzRAmsyA5KNpFIf

zlCfzRBI-9ouYOC6yG
zlCfzRBqNNUiNKnCh4

zlCfzRCLMBo-3jIv8_
zlCfzRCqg5AxwFfQCv

zlCfzRDKeys9Y3Tnfl
zlCfzRDsC5gUXVbUIA

zlCfzREPCI8lV3qA8H
zlCfzRE0j5UFkiI-EJ

zlCfzRFbZpQFfEDa2L
zlCfzRF_AbgBanVsoc

zlCfzRGiYjg_f114R8
zlCfzRHDfdsKeWi39R

zlCfzRHEHjU74BjBJ9
zlCfzRHiv9w3TbE5mx

zlCfzRHi2PU56Kjtbi
zlCfzRH_8FQjWWI-sR

zlCfzRIegos03aYC3s
zlCfzRI9SU0fgY4ba0

zlCfzRJcfhYn1Hwyhl
zlCfzRJ6oAoHw_uhU6

zlCfzRKWLPss2g4Nzk
zlCfzRKWgWU1jlUorH

zlCfzRKxI8gp0PszAA
zlCfzRLO_lkuItyUg_

zlCfzRLO09wCnQ5vlr
zlCfzRLyXP0FrlPRbo

zlCfzRLy4rUhxRucNg
zlCfzRMUcwYEt31wp7

zlCfzRM1-LgwtE0LCW
zlCfzRNehy0TRx3611

zlCfzRN-Jl0MCe8hnk
zlCfzRPxhWQFkUtXVm

Movie Month Cover Gallery:

Links to All Dumps of 2013:

Thanks guys, for all becoming a part of my NEO-TOONAMI Memories!
tumblr_mqn1cdNigu1s9kej6o1_400.png
zlCfzRJcwsMcThehh1

LATER 2013...

awesome man!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fairy Dance? Phantom Bullet? These all sound like Jojo parts. If only SAO was more like Jojos and less like itself :(

Also lol at the SAO 2 promo having a gratuitous butt shot in it. I guess we can expect a lot more plot and backstory in the next season.

God I hope it blows up. With the meh state Western action animation is in right now we could all use some more high budget, Western targeted anime on TV.

Why the fuck do they keep going back!? You'd think they'd have learned a lesson by now.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Why the fuck do they keep going back!? You'd think they'd have learned a lesson by now.

oh b-dubs I was saving a reply to you from last saturday about fairy tail, I posted when i caught you but then you disappeared again! and then the thread was closed, now I feels unsatisfied lol

Koppai

Ooo I'm looking forward to getting back into anime. I set Space Dandy & Sword Art Online to record. My dad deleted the recording of Trigun Badlands Rumble the other night I was pissed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom