• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirata

Oh, God, more SAO?

ripped_thornstick.gif

Seda

If they put Samurai Jack at 2:30AM, I think several thread regulars who watch the first half will end their night with it, unless they don't care for non-anime. If Naruto is moved up to 2:30AM, I doubt many will want to sit through it for Samurai Jack.

If they put Samurai Jack at 2:30AM, I think several thread regulars who watch the first half will end their night with it, unless they don't care for non-anime. If Naruto is moved up to 2:30AM, I doubt many will want to sit through it for Samurai Jack.

yeah. but i'm not sure how true that will be of the general public.

also i'm going to be absolutely fucking shocked if we get Sword Art Online II the same time as Japan like we are with Space Dandy. the show's done well, but it hasn't been a runaway success or anything. Space Dandy is from a bunch of people who made Cowboy Bebop, and we all know how much they love THAT show :|

Man God

Non-Canon Member
that seems like such a waste, though. Clone Wars got 5am because people are actually watching then. nobody's up at 4.

I actually think that people are watching at 5am because it's Inuyasha.

Think about how cool it would be to watch that show for the first time if you were 8-14 or so, boy or girl. Show has everything for that age group. This isn't even counting the possibly large DVR market of 20 and 30 somethings who are nostalgic as fuck for this show.

Clone Wars while I like it a lot isn't some amazing relic from the distant past and was already successfully marketed to them back when it was the tent pole saturday evening show in the not too distant past.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It would have also been cool as hell to watch some of the other shows that got dumped to 5-7 am death slots.

YYH ended there, as did Code Geass. .hack//ROOTS STARTED there.

on the bright side, maybe most of the action (if there is any) in SAO2 won't be kind of garbage like it is in the first series.

who am i kidding, this is going to be horrible

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SAO II looks like it'll delve heavily into the backstory of the universe, much like round 2 of Code Geass.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
HSOTD is unbroadcastable. No amount of clever editing would get that on AS.

It's the perfect pre watch show for that reason. Even has a halfway decent dub.

bigkrev

So anyone doing anything fun tonight?

I think we are playing a 10 man game of CAH tonight.

I hope it gets my mind off of the horrible thoughts SAO season 2, the sequel to the smartest anime in years, is causing

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

I hope it gets my mind off of the horrible thoughts SAO season 2, the sequel to the smartest anime in years, is causing

What's CAH?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Probably gonna drink a lil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom