• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
48LjNw9.jpg
So, I had him remember us by showing that voice clip of him saying ToonamiGAF.

Also took his time with all my fumbling just trying find that YouTube clip.

Maybe he really is that chill of a dude.

At least I told him he was the best in the world as I walked away or something like that.

I don't know who that is.

HStallion

I am disappoint

Unless they act in live action movies or are known for something else they're in public for a lot I tend not to know what a lot of voice actor's actually look like. Mark Hamill? Of course. Kevin Conroy? I didn't realize what he looked like till I saw an interview with him.

Seda

The ToonamiNews fangroup pointed this out but their article is too longwinded.

Take a look at these three schedules. Specifically, look at the Dragon Ball Super episodes at both 8:00 and 11:30. What do you notice?

July 15 (last week)

HnckK1d.png

July 22 (today)

sYW71KN.png

July 29 (next week)

rXlu2EB.png

HStallion

Smart move, means people will hopefully start tuning into the 11:30 showing of Super now that the 8:00 slot is a week behind. That and they're finally getting out of the two movie based arcs which will also help a lot.

Toei hardballing about their desire to have DBZ be prime time/accessible to kids has been really annoying.

AoT can be simultaneously TV broadcast, but DBZ gets the old fashioned 2 year wait.

And the making of an edited dub for other English regions.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Frieza continues to press his advantage but it soon becomes clear that his Golden form is not without its drawbacks, Dabura decides that there's no controlling the rambunctious Buu but he learns the hard way that Majin Buu is possessed of some particularly bizarre powers, Eren and Mikasa face a hopeless situation before the Smiling Titan as Attack on Titan's second season comes to a close, Kaneki and Ayato attack the CCG while Touka runs into Hide, with the business with the Phantom Troupe behind them Gon and Killua are free to continue their pursuit of Greed Island at the auction, Fujiko falls under the spell of a young circus performer but others are just as interested in his tricks as the femme fatale, Hinata lays everything on the line as Naruto is at the mercy of Pain, the Laughing Man emerges from the shadows once more to repeat the crime that made him famous six years ago: the kidnapping of the CEO of Serano Genomics, and Jack and the last surviving Daughter of Aku from themselves in the belly of the beast.

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 25 - A Full-Throttle Battle! The Vengeful Golden Frieza
8:30 - Samurai Jack - 56 - XCV
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 26 - A Chance Appears in a Tight Spot! Launch a Counteroffensive, Goku!
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 125 - Turn Into Candy! A Hungry Majin's Bizarre Power!
12:30 - Attack on Titan - 37 - Scream - END
1:00 - Tokyo Ghoul √A - 3 - Hangman
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 59 - Bid × And × Haste
2:00 - Lupin the Third Part IV - 5 - The Magician's Left Hand
2:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 166 - Confessions
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 23 - EQUINOX
3:30 - Samurai Jack - 56 - XCV

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Vegeta's Final Mortal Combat"

Sure, okay, "final", he'll NEVER get into combat again, ever.

"Earth Explodes?!"

Yeah, sure, "explodes", the planet is completely destroyed & everyone dies, thus ending the series.

Seda

I don't remember if tonight's Shippuden episode is good, but it is memorable.

(It's not the one with that goofy Pain animation you have probably seen)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't remember if tonight's Shippuden episode is good, but it is memorable.

(It's not the one with that goofy Pain animation you have probably seen)

If they manage to fuck tonight's episode up too then the series really is irredeemable.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Tokyo Ghoul season 2 makes me sleepy. Then I either wake up for HxH or fall into a daze for the rest of the night.

Xe4

Banned
Agreed Naruto's episode to night is of quality. Not some amazing mind bending shit, but I enjoyed it and the one for next week even more.

Xe4

Banned
Depends on if you are a shipper or not because torpedoes are gonna be fired.

I mean, it was always pretty obvious who had feels for whom, so the only people who should get upset were the ones who weren't paying attention.

But shippers are weird, and I've learned it's possible for people to ship any two characters based on nothing more than a glance, haha.

People are weird.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Watching Toonami tonight at my dad's place.

holy crap, I've forgotten just how SLOW his internet is compared to what I have. I don't know how I managed to deal with it for so many years.

Mostly every CG non-Pixar animated movie from the mid 2000's hasn't
But Shrek & Smashmouth!

seriously, the first shrek isn't all that great looking back

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I didn't even bother with the 4th one, & it sounds like most people didn't either.

2 is still enjoyable, but even when it was new, 3 was just....eeeeehhhh. Like they used up all their A material in the previous film & were only making it because they figured they could milk it further & still had some B & C material left over.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You'd think people would figure out why Pixar and Disney movies work, but guess not.
You mean The Emoji Movie ISN'T going to go down as a timeless classic?! But I was getting my hopes up for a sequel where the emoticons wage war on the emojis because people forgot the emoticons exist and want revenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom