• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case, it was the previous management being kind of assholes and deliberately wanting to get rid of WHF. The new management is way better at handling things and talking to the community, on both the 40k and AoS sides.

It's still a possibility, but it's not likely right now, imo.

A 40k animated series would be the dopest shit. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet, but then again, it'd be a weird series to animate.

The Gundam OT IS the Gunpla thread.

Alrighty then, sub'd to it. And it seems the Mecha OT has only been going on about Megas XLR and The Big O for now

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm in the same boat.
I think most of us are.....*siiigggghhhhhh*

At the very least, I think I've come to terms I need to find someone who's similar to me in terms of interest & personality, along with being more introverted than extroverted in that things might "click" better.

Yakuza Kiwami is out in a week.

Hype.
Want to play that or 0 one of these days. I pre-ordered 6 mainly because the LE items are just so cool & unique. Holding out on 0 being a Black Friday game. I'd probably pick Kiwami up if there wasn't so many other Sept. games happening.

I think most of us are.....*siiigggghhhhhh*

At the very least, I think I've come to terms I need to find someone who's similar to me in terms of interest & personality, along with being more introverted than extroverted in that things might "click" better.
Women like me are crazy and women that aren't like that just want nothing to do with me so I'm kind of just doomed.

Jarate

Banned
If you guys want to have sex, that's what Tinder is for. Get a nice picture of you in expensive clothes and you're bound to have sex with someone. You could also go drinking with your friends one night or go to a concert or something.

If you want a relationship, just ask some girls that interest you if they want to grab coffee or something. Don't push for it and don't seem desperate. No when to take hints and when someone says no. You can also do the 1st thing I mentioned.

DO NOT SEEM DESPERATE OR THIRSTY. YOU WILL GET DENIED.

If you want a girly nerd, go to a shit ton of cons and see what happens. Go to the after dance parties, talk to people, drink some beer, have fun.

If you guys want to have sex, that's what Tinder is for. Get a nice picture of you in expensive clothes and you're bound to have sex with someone. You could also go drinking with your friends one night or go to a concert or something.

If you want a relationship, just ask some girls that interest you if they want to grab coffee or something. Don't push for it and don't seem desperate. No when to take hints and when someone says no. You can also do the ladder.

DO NOT SEEM DESPERATE OR THIRSTY. YOU WILL GET DENIED.

If you want a girly nerd, go to a shit ton of cons and see what happens. Go to the after dance parties, talk to people, drink some beer, have fun.
B-Dubs can confirm that I fucking hate bars. Bruh, this is I Jaded motherfucking Writer. My thirst rains down from the heavens, everybody knows it.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
we need legal weed in the North East. Hopefully whoever follows up Chris Christie in Jersey goes for it. I'd seriously consider opening up a coffee house or something. You guys could all come and get shot down by the ladies then get paranoid about it.

Yakuza Kiwami is out in a week.

Hype.

HYPE! (Had to do all caps :p)

I loved Y0 to bits when it came out and have had Kiwami on pre-order for a bit and I hope Amazon gets it to me around release since they can be iffy on dates sometimes. I got Mario + Rabbids from Best Buy coming around the same time.

So many games this year...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Never bothered with alcohol since...

1.) It's just way too pricey for my tastes, even the "cheap" stuff
2.) Most of the stuff just doesn't taste good, as my dad made me try on my 21st birthday
3.) I have enough wrong with my body, I don't need to introduce alcohol to it
4.) I fear what would happen if I had too much & I don't want to test what my "limit" is.
5.) I tried going to a bar with my best friend once, my social anxiety kicked in HARD, despite figuring most of them were technically nice people.

I wish I had the determination or self confidence like some of you on here. Think that's one of my major problems, my brain will think of ways to be like "nah, what would make you stand out against the hundreds of millions of other men out there?"

....but anyways, ratings:

Super: 919 (up from 901)
DBZ Kai: 822 (down from 844)
Jojo: 687 (up from 680)
Tokyo Ghoul: 637 (up from 622)
HxH: 601 (up from 567)
Lupin: 508 (up from 459)
Shippuden: 483 (down from 501)
Outlaw Star: 456

LOL so Shippuden & Kai got a drop from last week's ratings.

Morlas

I have my degree in Journalism and creative writing, though these days I'm more of a jaded photographer.

I don't even see the point of it honestly. There are like way better things for me to blow my money on.
I feel the same though I have no problem with bars themselves and if some tries to get me to drink I give em the evil eye

I've always felt smoking is gross, having been around people that have before. Chewing tobacco flooded the high school I was in (saw discarded containers around the school, especially in the cafeteria and restroom). That looked so nasty to me. I've never been interested in alcohol.

Plus, I'm determined to finally get myself healthy and lose some weight (lost a few pounds already!) as I've stated before so I don't want to alter my body anymore than I already have with me not working out or exercising much over my lifetime (Funny that I won a PE award in middle school, but that was because I always tried my best and never complained and my PE teacher liked that about me and I was in a class where no one wanted to do anything). I've already abandoned soda and just drinking water with the occasional tea or lemonade.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The trick with 40's is to get Old E and then empty maybe a quarter of the bottle out, or drink it, and then mix in orange juice with the rest. Its surprisingly drinkable and it will get you fucked up.

Regiruler

I made a committal to myself back in 5th grade or so never to smoke or drink.

Smoking has more negatives than positives and the amount of bizarre/stupid thoughts I sometimes have along with a bit of a temper means alcohol is a really bad idea, because I don't know what I would do.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've always felt smoking is gross, having been around people that have before. Chewing tobacco flooded the high school I was in (saw discarded containers around the school, especially in the cafeteria and restroom). That looked so nasty to me. I've never been interested in alcohol.

Plus, I'm determined to finally get myself healthy and lose some weight (lost a few pounds already!) as I've stated before so I don't want to alter my body anymore than I already have with me not working out or exercising much over my lifetime (Funny that I won a PE award in middle school, but that was because I always tried my best and never complained and my PE teacher liked that about me and I was in a class where no one wanted to do anything). I've already abandoned soda and just drinking water with the occasional tea or lemonade.
As someone who had asthma growing up, I hate the smell of smoke & chewing tobacco just smells awful as well.

Keep it up, man. I still have my exercise bike, but I need to get back that motivation I had a few years ago to use it again. Think I've been putting it off because of how often I'm walking around & going up and down stairs at work, I don't want to tire myself before going in, & I want to just relax on my nights off. At the very least, I've cut down on soda aside from Saturday nights as a treat to myself.

As someone who had asthma growing up, I hate the smell of smoke & chewing tobacco just smells awful as well.

Keep it up, man. I still have my exercise bike, but I need to get back that motivation I had a few years ago to use it again. Think I've been putting it off because of how often I'm walking around & going up and down stairs at work, I don't want to tire myself before going in, & I want to just relax on my nights off. At the very least, I've cut down on soda aside from Saturday nights as a treat to myself.

Yeah, I know how asthma can be since I had a younger brother with it.

Thanks, dude! I don't think I've felt better physically in a long time. I've been doing, at least, one session of about an hour on the treadmill a day. Been cutting back on snaking and been eating healthier in general.

I don't know if I could go back to soda now since it might just taste like sugar to me now...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, I had that moment when I had to stick with diet soda for so many years, then tried regular & was amazed at just how sweet it was.

Though I usually only drink Cherry Pepsi/Coke, Mtn Dew Pitch Black, Sierra Mist/7Up, or root beer now, & that's just once a week at the least. I usually just have Mio, coffee & creamer, or mix some lemonade/kool-aid drinks.

Also, since it seems I've been the one to post ratings these last few weeks, anyone have interest in me comparing the current week to the previous week's rating like I've been doing, or just stick with what's current without dealing with last week?

Jarate

Banned
You only really do stupid things on alchohol if you drink a shit ton or if you are already crazy.

Humans have been drinking alcohol since the dawn of civilization. Just drink beer or wine and it's gonna be super hard to super wasted on it.

Also, if you guys are as "big" as you say you are, it's gonna be harder for you to get drunk.

Smoking tobacco to me has no purpose since weed exists. What's the point of smoking if you're not going to XxX420xXXB14Z3ITXxX?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh yeah, I had that moment when I had to stick with diet soda for so many years, then tried regular & was amazed at just how sweet it was.

Though I usually only drink Cherry Pepsi/Coke, Mtn Dew Pitch Black, Sierra Mist/7Up, or root beer now, & that's just once a week at the least. I usually just have Mio, coffee & creamer, or mix some lemonade/kool-aid drinks.

Also, since it seems I've been the one to post ratings these last few weeks, anyone have interest in me comparing the current week to the previous week's rating like I've been doing, or just stick with what's current without dealing with last week?

Funny thing is, diet soda is actually a lot sweeter than diet soda. By factors of hundreds. That's the real problem with calorie free sweeteners is that it is just too sweet compared to calorie full ones.

The real breakthrough in artificial sweeteners would be one that actually tasted like sugar/corn syrup/honey.

My big diet drink is seltzer. Drinking polar's crazy flavors as we speak. Yeti Mischief is okay, Dragon's Whiskers is dope as hell.

Morlas

I'm not getting into any commitments right now because I'm planning on moving out to California by the beginning of next year

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I got hurt too many times in my twenties and decided to take a few years off. I'm in a better place now but I actually enjoy being single.

Smoking also makes kissing not the most pleasant experience, as I've been told. I am implored not to do so, and yield to the suggestion gladly

People love smoking at 3 AM outside my window when I most likely have my box fan running. It annoys the hell out of me. They also used to do pot or weed or something similar

Seda

I don't mind the occasional drink - I toured several wineries and vineyards this weekend even. I don't depend on substances for comfort in life tho.

Mizerman

Are you me?

That's exactly my issue as well.

As a kid, I didn't want carbonated drinks and loved milk. Milk is just okay to me these days, and soda I should probably monitor more
But I don't think I've drunk more than 3 full cups of soda in a day, and that's mainly accounting for the times when I happened to get non-refillable, extra-sized cups, at least.

Now I'm trying to focus more on water, almond milk, pineapple juice, smoothies, and some teas or occasional Italian sodas.

Not sure if I want to get into the alcoholic beverages. Tried champagne last year and could hardly get through half the small glass I had.
But the shot of beer in 2010...I kinda found that one interesting

Morlas

It sucks being the only person in your family that doesn't smoke since you cant hang outside with everyone without getting a face full of the stuff

It sucks being the only person in your family that doesn't smoke since you cant hang outside without everyone without getting a face full of the stuff

I just realized it's my roommates who're the main culprits that smoke outside my window nowadays

Oh, and I meant sip of beer, not a shot of it! Jeesh I keep confusing what a shot of anything is I swear

I drink the blood of my enemies.
f45820d85cdc75a78f8fe3c6c49f0a85--avatar-kyoshi-avatar-the-last-airbender.jpg

Jarate

Banned
I went to a winery the other day too Seda

I ended up having to take care of rich women's crying kids. Wine was pretty good I guess, I mostly stick to boxed wine lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Uncharted just felt like it wanted to be a video game version of Indiana Jones, which I know works for some people, but it always seemed too "set piece" for me. Hell, I remember Sony even tried to advertise the 2nd or 3rd game like "your girlfriend will think she's watching a movie while you're actually playing a game!"

But I've also never been into shooters unless it's something arcadey like Gunstar Heroes or Metal Slug or Contra, or faster paced like Vanquish or EX Troopers (man, I wish that got localized, playing it in Japanese was a pain at times) to make it stand out from the crowd since the slow movement is one of the reasons why I dislike shooters.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm just glad I (hopefully) got one around 4:50 a.m. this morning for me & my best friend from Amazon.

Times like this I'm glad I'm awake because of the night shift. But for everyone else, best of luck to you, I know the pain of missing out on something after waking up & discovering it happened while you were sleeping.

i've not been a fan of the combat in any of the uncharted games because a lot of the encounter design feels kind of annoying and cheap, with 3 (never played 1) being the apex of that bullshit.

i've never tried it but i wonder a lot if blasting through them on easy is the way to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom