• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Dont click on that one piece unlimited red thread if your not familiar with the timeskip and cares what they look like.

789shadow

Banned
Someone spoil me on why there was a timeskip in the first place.
The crew got blasted to different islands by Kuma, and they realized that they simply weren't strong enough to face guys like the Admirals and Four Emperors in the New World, so they trained for 2 years.

foxuzamaki

The next big group of villains , like naruto and bleach, altho bleach already reached that point without a timeskip, were at DBZ level.

Levyne

Banned
At this point I would be impressed by someone not knowing what post time skip crew looks like or whatever. Seems impossible to thoroughly avoid.

bigkrev

Yeah...no thanks.

Funi hates you. I'm actually curious if any Funi shows are on Netflix. it's been a long time since I've looked at their anime section.

Soul Eater has been up for a few years, as has FMA and parts of Brotherhood, off of the top of my head. Baccano was up, but got taken down a year ago

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like Monster Hunter is getting another One Piece crossover. Not sure if I can link since it contains a scan, but you can get Luffy's "Gigant Pistol" & 3 of Zoro's swords, dubbed "Pirate Hunter’s Soul".

It's amazing how many anime crossovers MH gets. Heck, it even had a quest where you could get Tessaiga from Inuyasha in MH3U.

Ponn

Banned
Just finished Psycho Pass on Hulu last night. It was only the 20 some episodes right? The ending was interesting but all together I really enjoyed everything, the premise, the twists, the music, the setting. Think it would do really well on Toonami if they picked it up.

Moaradin

Just finished Psycho Pass on Hulu last night. It was only the 20 some episodes right? The ending was interesting but all together I really enjoyed everything, the premise, the twists, the music, the setting. Think it would do really well on Toonami if they picked it up.

Been planning to watch that one. I really liked the last Urobuchi show I watched.

I reached a point in the One Piece episodes where I am unsure which is filler and which isnt. (I did not read the one piece manga and until just before the Skypiea arc when they were just going up to it)

daveo42

Banned
I reached a point in the One Piece episodes where I am unsure which is filler and which isnt. (I did not read the one piece manga and until just before the Skypiea arc when they were just going up to it)

The only ones I remember from early on were the ones with Alpis (?) and the calm belt right before they enter the Grand Line, G5 after Skypiea, and the extra Davy Back Fight rounds.

There might have been a few one off episodes in there too, but I can't remember where those fall. Maybe in-between Arabasta and Skypiea?

Edit: Ep 54-60, 131-143, 196-206 are the main ones up to the Davy Back Fights.

A bunch of scenes at logueport are filler or extended canon (oda wrote the scene of Usopp get his goggles but cut it from the manga). The calm belt scene during the apis arc is canon (replace usopp with apis during the scene where she falls over). Everything with ace in the desert is filler minus the piece of paper (given before he blows up the ships/leaves in canon).

foxuzamaki

Looks like Monster Hunter is getting another One Piece crossover. Not sure if I can link since it contains a scan, but you can get Luffy's "Gigant Pistol" & 3 of Zoro's swords, dubbed "Pirate Hunter’s Soul".

It's amazing how many anime crossovers MH gets. Heck, it even had a quest where you could get Tessaiga from Inuyasha in MH3U.

There is also fire emblem awakening cross over with monster hunter

Seda

More Attack on Titan cast announcements.

I don't know who these characters are but figure it was of interest.

Levi – Matthew Mercer
Petra – Caitlin Glass
Hange – Jessica Calvello
Daz – Brad Venable
Bertholdt – David Matranga
Franz – James Chandler
Rico – Morgan Garrett
Pyxis – R Bruce Elliott
Nack – Will Short

Moaradin

Levi – Matthew Mercer
Petra – Caitlin Glass
Hange – Jessica Calvello
Daz – Brad Venable
Franz – James Chandler
Rico – Morgan Garrett
Pyxis – R Bruce Elliott
Nack – Will Short

Matthew Mercer as Levi is fucking great. He was really good as Kiritsugu Emiya from Fate/Zero. He hasn't worked for Funimation yet as far as I know.

The rest sound pretty good too. Caitlin Glass as Petra :)

most of One Piece's filler is pretty harmless; you can either skip it or watch it and it's not a big deal (the Goat Island stuff, 136-138, is the only one i legitimately dislike). the G-8 arc, 196-206, should definitely be watched, however, inconsistencies with crew strength aside. it's actually great.

Levi – Matthew Mercer
Petra – Caitlin Glass
Hange – Jessica Calvello
Daz – Brad Venable
Franz – James Chandler
Rico – Morgan Garrett
Pyxis – R Bruce Elliott
Nack – Will Short

Funimation is hitting it outta the park with this casting.

Could Matthew Mercer also be a candidate for
Trafalgar Law?

if other channels take not to have anime again due to toonamis success I wouldnt mind, or more animation that isn't family guy and south park in general.

DominoKid

i never really imagined dub Levi sounding like Kiritsugu Emiya. maybe he'll tweak the voice a bit.

i figured they'd go for someone like Hiei's VA

Seda

There are two other clips on YouTube. I didn't want to link them just to be safe (they are supposed to be behind FUNimation's subscription wall) but one should be able to find them.

b77934db5f4c14d15cd0dbb6dfe8ed42.jpg

tumblr_m0wmqq2Fmd1qjaloj.gif

daveo42

Banned
most of One Piece's filler is pretty harmless; you can either skip it or watch it and it's not a big deal (the Goat Island stuff, 136-138, is the only one i legitimately dislike). the G-8 arc, 196-206, should definitely be watched, however, inconsistencies with crew strength aside. it's actually great.

I can agree with this for the most part, but I liked skipping most of it due to the shear amount of episodes there are. I do suggest watching G8, as it is a great filler arc.

AoT casting looking really good.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I only read the Attack on Titan manga so I have no frame of reference for voices.
Levi and Zoe sound fine to me.

Moaradin

Maka looks like Maka. Soul looks younger though. I thought he looked pretty ragged in the manga, and especially the anime. Maybe it's the JPEG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom