• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
7FGrZ7D.gif

Seda

so, the next Rick and Morty episode was put up on Instagram (officially) in 15 second chunks. somebody edited them all together and we have the full episode, which is amazing and you all should watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntJccAtB810&feature=youtu.be

(since they put this out officially on the Internet i presume this is ok, because who the hell doesn't expect this to happen)

Such a weird, random show, but it's hard to stop watching it.

Amikami

Banned
Kill la Kill 19-20

About that alien invasion.
ugh those faces. I hate ‘em. I was okay though…until
they took Mako
. Darn them to hell…and then I was like, Fuck this shit! And it turns out
Satsuki had the same idea. I found her last resort pretty funny.
“Fuck this stadium. Fuck you little sis. Fuck you mom. Fuck that beam of light you rode in on.”

Was surprised by the time skip after that. A month hunh. So Ragyo has been pretty much on top for a month. Wonder how that compares to the time passage of the rest of the series. Don’t think it’s possible to tell. Ryuuko has been out for a month and Satsuki has been locked up with her Mother for a month…ugh. The elite has lost their Goku uniforms, Nudist Beach is on the brink of collapse. Covers is spreading.
With that said, there’s not that much alarm still. Too much comedic material scattered throughout the episode to feel like that, and even if there wasn’t, I doubt there would be a much greater sense of doubt that the good guys will pull it off somehow. But dread is a hard feeling to get out of viewers in an anime like this. Even when things are looking bad, you’re just waiting for the protagonist to kick ass again.

Heh. Speaking of comedy, the scene where Aikuro enters Ryuuko’s recovery room with Mankanshyoku family. It was subtle and I hardly noticed it, but Sukuyo’s staring was one of those little touches you notice or not. Really glad it wasn’t pointed out and rubbed in our faces.

Ryuuko waking up was probably supposed to be the highlight of the episode. Though the emotion behind her behavior is understandable, the behavior itself it really irrational. But I guess most emotional fueled behavior is. It’s still ridiculously dumb how easily she walks into that trap in the next episode. Really really dumb. Even with mention of the life fibers really activating because of the trauma, it’s a idiot move on Ryuuko’s part. Part of her personality is that she has no self control sometimes, which I don’t mind for a character honestly. I don’t mind character flaws, but it was a bit much here. Even knowing she was supposed to be OOC, it rubbed me the wrong way. Still have fate in Ryuuko though. As long as we have Mako, she’ll be fine…maybe.

Luckily
badass Satsuki
is around also. I knew it would be impossible to keep her down for long. Didn’t think it would come to that by the end of episode 20 though. Holy shit that role reversal. How did we get to this point Ryuuko??!!
At any rate… KICK HER ASS SATSUKI SAMAAAAAAA!
Really need to watch 21. Its gunna be ace! Then I think I'm caught up, not including the latest episode thursday.

Overall exposed count as of this episode: 195
Overall almost exposed count as of this episode: 69
“I can’t stop staring” moments: 264

Hmm? Think we can reach 300 of those by the end of episode 24?

I've been less enthused about klk but I will say episode 22 was pretty exciting . its gonna be weird being home this week for toonami now that space dandy and blue exorcist is on...

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Kill la Kill 19-20

About that alien invasion.
ugh those faces. I hate ‘em. I was okay though…until
they took Mako
. Darn them to hell…and then I was like, Fuck this shit! And it turns out
Satsuki had the same idea. I found her last resort pretty funny.
“Fuck this stadium. Fuck you little sis. Fuck you mom. Fuck that beam of light you rode in on.”

Was surprised by the time skip after that. A month hunh. So Ragyo has been pretty much on top for a month. Wonder how that compares to the time passage of the rest of the series. Don’t think it’s possible to tell. Ryuuko has been out for a month and Satsuki has been locked up with her Mother for a month…ugh. The elite has lost their Goku uniforms, Nudist Beach is on the brink of collapse. Covers is spreading.
With that said, there’s not that much alarm still. Too much comedic material scattered throughout the episode to feel like that, and even if there wasn’t, I doubt there would be a much greater sense of doubt that the good guys will pull it off somehow. But dread is a hard feeling to get out of viewers in an anime like this. Even when things are looking bad, you’re just waiting for the protagonist to kick ass again.

Heh. Speaking of comedy, the scene where Aikuro enters Ryuuko’s recovery room with Mankanshyoku family. It was subtle and I hardly noticed it, but Sukuyo’s staring was one of those little touches you notice or not. Really glad it wasn’t pointed out and rubbed in our faces.

Ryuuko waking up was probably supposed to be the highlight of the episode. Though the emotion behind her behavior is understandable, the behavior itself it really irrational. But I guess most emotional fueled behavior is. It’s still ridiculously dumb how easily she walks into that trap in the next episode. Really really dumb. Even with mention of the life fibers really activating because of the trauma, it’s a idiot move on Ryuuko’s part. Part of her personality is that she has no self control sometimes, which I don’t mind for a character honestly. I don’t mind character flaws, but it was a bit much here. Even knowing she was supposed to be OOC, it rubbed me the wrong way. Still have fate in Ryuuko though. As long as we have Mako, she’ll be fine…maybe.

Luckily
badass Satsuki
is around also. I knew it would be impossible to keep her down for long. Didn’t think it would come to that by the end of episode 20 though. Holy shit that role reversal. How did we get to this point Ryuuko??!!
At any rate… KICK HER ASS SATSUKI SAMAAAAAAA!
Really need to watch 21. Its gunna be ace! Then I think I'm caught up, not including the latest episode thursday.

Overall exposed count as of this episode: 195
Overall almost exposed count as of this episode: 69
“I can’t stop staring” moments: 264

Hmm? Think we can reach 300 of those by the end of episode 24?

You should go ahead and knock the next 2 out of the way, it will put you in a good mood for tonight haha

Amikami

Banned
I've been less enthused about klk but I will say episode 22 was pretty exciting . its gonna be weird being home this week for toonami now that space dandy and blue exorcist is on...

Has the series just worn off on you? Story related elements? Handling of certain material? A combination? Just out of curiosity. I noticed that the second half of this show has been wildly different from the first. Kinda feels like two different shows featuring the same characters. I've enjoyed both a lot so far, but it might help that I haven't had to stretch the experience over a period of 22+ weeks.

You should go ahead and knock the next 2 out of the way, it will put you in a good mood for tonight haha

Probably will. Depending on the outcome of each episode, I'll give impressions separately or after watching both. It's gunna suck though, to finally be in the same boat as you guys and waiting week by week.

Has the series just worn off on you? Story related elements? Handling of certain material? A combination? Just out of curiosity. I noticed that the second half of this show has been wildly different from the first. Kinda feels like two different shows featuring the same characters. I've enjoyed both a lot so far, but it might help that I haven't had to stretch the experience over a period of 22+ weeks.

I guess I had different expectations from this after Little Witch Academia, i'd say the watching it as it went by is a thing too thats affected my enjoyment, in the end I'd say the biggest problems are the pacing and the characterizations, though the latter has improved a lot since the first half. Though I still pretty much dislike ryuuko and find satsuki herself boring as all heck. Mako, family and E4 are pretty good though.

Been trying to catch up on KlK episode 11 was shitjustgotreal.gif and honestly I've enjoyed it all so far. If the second half of the show is better color me excited

Amikami

Banned
I guess I had different expectations from this after Little Witch Academia, i'd say the watching it as it went by is a thing too thats affected my enjoyment, in the end I'd say the biggest problems are the pacing and the characterizations, though the latter has improved a lot since the first half. Though I still pretty much dislike ryuuko and find satsuki herself boring as all heck. Mako, family and E4 are pretty good though.

I see. I can see how a person would feel like that about all the points you mentioned. I find most of the main characters really enjoyable. Not that fond of who we got for the villains though. They all feel kinda cheap. Especially hate
Nui
. Just want her to die already. Characterization is definitely better in the second halve, but I don't think I had too much of a problem with it before. Glad to see character growth though. I never thought the pacing was bad, but then again, I've pretty much shot through this series in 2-3 weeks, so its hard for me to picture. But yeah, it's a matter of taste and a matter of how you experience it. Also, I think with almost anything, after so many weeks of it, you're gunna get a bit bored and I think KlK for the most part follows some pretty basic formulas, but I'm hardly bothered by it because I watched it all in sort period of time. We agree about the Mankanshyoky family and elite though. Love those guys.

And you reminded me of Little Witch Academia. I wanted that to become a full series so badly. Hope trigger revisits that idea one day.

The first half it felt like they dragged on their one plot point without elaborating on anything until
the episode where Nui shows up
and then even then its skim on details further until after
the kanto invasion
. In which it kinda just shifts to the very opposite of what it was doing before, with every episode both being the first time something is presented as a supposition and uh resolved/revealed.

Amikami

Banned

Holy...! How did I not know. I could kiss you! You made my weekend that much brighter. :D

The first half it felt like they dragged on their one plot point without elaborating on anything until
the episode where Nui shows up
and then even then its skim on details further until after
the kanto invasion
. In which it kinda just shifts to the very opposite of what it was doing before, with every episode both being the first time something is presented as a supposition and uh resolved/revealed.

Fair enough. I see where you're coming from.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Cant believe some of you didnt know about lil witch academia 2 haha, I was wanting to give them my money so hard but I didnt have a job at the time :(

ckohler

Almost forgot it is the finale of Soul Eater tonight. Shine on you crazy diamond.
The reactions should be interesting. I wonder how much of the final credits they'll keep.
Definitely. Episode 21 is 2lewd and episode 22 is considered by many to have been the best of the series. It's crazy hype.

this might go without saying, but i figured i should probably mention it anyway: you guys who are new to One Piece might wanna stay out of the "favorite story arcs in shonen" thread

Amikami

Banned
Kill la Kill 21

Welp. They just topped the fanservice scales with that little intro there. That must have been some of the most shameless fanservice yet. They can’t dare come up with an excuse.
Skimpy Kamui transformation kinda has an “excuse.” The existence of Nudist Beach has an excuse.
This??? Nope. I can ignore nudity pretty well, but the sexual implication is what makes me uncomfortable and it’s just thrown in my face and I don’t get the
incest culture of Japan. I’m not saying Japan widely practices Incest, but that idea is more accepted there than in other cultures, at least in form of media, but what do I know. I don;t watch a lot of foreign media..
I’m obviously not the audience and it makes me even more uncomfortable. That was totally unnecessary regardless. 2LEWD.

Otherwise, I thought the episode was just fantastic. GOOD LORD
SATSUKI and the Elite were fantastic. Daring but still smart and careful, hard combination but that what she’s capable of. Hah. She even thought to write the plan on Mako’s hand, knowing damn well she wasn't going to remember. That girl thinks of everything.

Even that careful planning didn’t work though. Ryuuko’s full life fiber awakening has made her ridiculously strong and I doubt it’s Juunketsu that makes the difference. Luckily we got the secret weapon, Mako. How many times has Mako rescued Ryuuko now, though it seems like actually slicing Senketsu and Mako is what snapped Ryuuko out of it.

I thought that last minute was hype. That’s the extreme shit that makes Ryuuko who she is. Like many typical anime,
her high emotions are her weakness but it can be a strength.
I found the last moment great regardless of the cliché. Damn Ryuuko.
You’re forgiven, but… show me you learned a lesson. The last scene shouldn’t excuse her. Though I know we don’t have much time for that, it can be annoying for me when characters become untouchable when they make mistakes, But I don’t have much hope since we’re in the middle of endgame. Also … please kill Nui for me.

Overall exposed count as of this episode: 206
Overall almost exposed count as of this episode: 71
LEWD moments: 277

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Most anime on Netflix have both tracks now.

Well yeah, has been that way since Neon Alley started and Viz took all their stuff off.

Attack on Titan is the only thing Funimation, the largest provider of anime on Netflix, has ever offered without the dub track and that's only because it doesn't exist yet.

Speaking about Netflix I'm going to watch Soul Eater on it...RIGHT NOW.

Go back a page- it was so bad that watching 5 minutes of it DESTROYED MY PS3 HDD!

I know which is why I used the Naruto getting punched in the face gif. I think that joke got a bit too meta though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
episodes of Blue Exorcist? i actually thought it was the weakest so far

1 was the worst for me. I found it pretty damn boring. 2 was better but still not something I enjoyed watching. This one though...this is the sort of setup I enjoy.

1 was the worst for me. I found it pretty damn boring. 2 was better but still not something I enjoyed watching. This one though...this is the sort of setup I enjoy.

well, i wasn't really a fan of their confrontation. it felt rushed and the fact that they were fighting demons during it was pretty silly, i thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom