• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Happy opening day everyone in the US!

Yeah! Let's go, Astros!

astros_medium_medium.gif

FUCK

Sometimes I am just so surprised how much some people are so avidly into *all* sports, when it feels so draining and hard when I try to even focus on just one sport and its season.

bigkrev

Sometimes I am just so surprised how much some people are so avidly into *all* sports, when it feels so draining and hard when I try to even focus on just one sport and its season.

Football is the exception to this for a variety of reasons (Fantasy, fewest games), but for the most part, people care about their teams. I don't watch NHL games, I watch my Flyers. I don't watch MLB games, I watch the Phillies. Pretty much the only time i'm exposed to other games is via highlights

Tenumi

Banned
I care about sports in a decreasing order of American Football, Baseball, (Large gap), Hockey, (Large Gap), Basketball

Lions, Tigers, Red Wings, and Pistons. Yay.

daveo42

Banned
Football is the exception to this for a variety of reasons (Fantasy, fewest games), but for the most part, people care about their teams. I don't watch NHL games, I watch my Flyers. I don't watch MLB games, I watch the Phillies. Pretty much the only time i'm exposed to other games is via highlights

This is the case with most sports 'fans'. They have a connection to the teams in their city because they represent their city and the people in that city. I'm the same with following sports in that I only really follow the Reds and Bengals during the year and not any other teams unless they fall into division rivals (like the Cards. or the Steelers).

Levyne

Banned

I'm the exact same. I'll watch nearly any nfl game, but nothing outside teams I root for in other sports, with playoffs as the exception.

bigkrev

I care about sports in a decreasing order of American Football, Baseball, (Large gap), Hockey, (Large Gap), Basketball

Lions, Tigers, Red Wings, and Pistons. Yay.

I didn't give a shit about Hockey till after the lockout in 2005. The rule changes, and, most importantly, general use of HD cameras really helped the game out.

I'm the exact same. I'll watch nearly any nfl game, but nothing outside teams I root for in other sports, with playoffs as the exception.

This man watches Thursday Night Football for christsake, the worst television show on earth.

I guess that makes sense, though back home its a hodgepodge of fans for everything since obviously we don't have our own teams.So most just follow Florida teams, or the most popular teams currently or some random team .

Levyne

Banned
Being from Iowa, I could have chosen anyone to follow I suppose, but with (portions of) both halves of my extended family being from near Chicago (Rockford, Gurnee), I guess I just choose to follow those teams.

bigkrev

I'm in New Jersey, and while North Jersey and Central Jersey support NJ/NY Teams (Normally Devils, Nets, Giants, Yanks), we live in South Jersey, which supports Philly teams.

bigkrev

I'm so sorry.

:p

For the years I've cared, most Philly teams have been "gatekeepers". The Flyers constantly were a deep run playoff team under Lindros and others (6 Conference Finals or Stanley Cup finals losses in 15 years), The Eagles were the Eagles with McNabb-Reid (5 conference Finals appearances with 1 SB appearance from 2000-2009). and the road to loose to the West in the NBA finals always went through Allen Iverson (4x NBA Scoring champ from 1999-2005). The Phillies were always the Black Sheep until 2006, when Ryan Howard won MVP, then Rollins won it the following year, and then winning the World Series in 2008. They then had my favorite season of my life, where they made it back to the WS, carried themselves like the WFC they were, and hadThe best gif ever in the World Series.. 2010 brought us Harry Leroy Halliday (blessed be he), who through a no-hitter in his first ever playoff game.

Always the bridesmade, never the bride is the story of Philly sports this century, but it has been a super fun ride I wouldn't trade for anything

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Enough of this baseball crap! This is the Toonami thread; let's get ANIME!

iINelQum6ELUJ.gif

Wait

I may have done that wrong

Finished the Alabasta arc of One piece, don't know if I want to continue now since this is more or less where i starting reading the manga which i still remember more or less, don't have much interest in seeing the Skypeia arc again and while i'm tempted to, skipping ahead of Toonami doesn't seem worth it ...sorta...maybe...

I just watched the last episode of Toriko to see what all the fuss was about.

And...oh my god, Toei, what the fuck have you done?

I knew things were going to go south a long time ago, but that was still a complete bastardization and mutilation of the Cooking Festival Arc. It might just be even more godawful than the Soul Eater anime ending.

Does anyone know the name of that video/song where the guy plays a shit load of those f2p games that are energy based that have a Gachapon element to them of getting mostly crap and fighting monsters that are way too tough?

MikeMyers

The first one is in the comic, so it should be in Kai. Then again the anime's removed manga stuff before. >.<

The second one is filler, but is written by Toriyama. So canon-filler?

daveo42

Banned
The first one is in the comic, so it should be in Kai. Then again the anime's removed manga stuff before. >.<

The second one is filler, but is written by Toriyama. So canon-filler?

Kai stopped after the end of the Cell Saga, so this never aired. I don't even really remember baseball stuff at all. I only remember the driving DBZ filler which was fantastic.

Edit: Unless I'm not aware of more Kai episodes filling out the Buu arc...which would be awesome!

MikeMyers

Someone asked on Bass ask.fm why Toriyama forgot about Lunch.

Where does this come from? The filler episode with Lunch in the Saiyan arc was his idea! He also wanted to include her in the Genki Dama part of the Buu arc but figured the fans have forgotten about her, so he used #17 instead.

Someone asked on Bass ask.fm why Toriyama forgot about Lunch.

Where does this come from? The filler episode with Lunch in the Saiyan arc was his idea! He also wanted to include her in the Genki Dama part of the Buu arc but figured the fans have forgotten about her, so he used #17 instead.

Well when she doesn't appear in the manga at all for hundreds of pages the perception is he forgot about her lol

MikeMyers

Well when she doesn't appear in the manga at all for hundreds of pages the perception is he forgot about her lol

He actually did forget about Yajirobe and Chaozu. They both survived Super Buu's mass genocide attack. Yet when Goku needs to potara fuse he says Mr. Satan is the only fighter left.

Unless Mr. Satan is actually >>> Yajirobe/Chaozu

He actually did forget about Yajirobe and Chaozu. They both survived Super Buu's mass genocide attack. Yet when Goku needs to potara fuse he says Mr. Satan is the only fighter left.

Unless Mr. Satan is actually >>> Yajirobe/Chaozu

Can't you only fuse with someone of a similar body size to you or does the portara ignore that?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*reads OP Unlimited World Red will get limited retail Vita release at GameStop*

YEEESSS, I was so confused as to why only Vita & Wii U got digital while PS3DS got physical. More tempted to get this now. There was also some new details, but it's based on stuff/characters from later in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom