• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out my cable company is taking away a bunch of channels.

Thankfully Cartoon Network was spared but man what the hell do I pay these jerks for?

Tenumi

Banned
I never watch Adult Swim beyond Venture Bros. and Toonami. For some reason, I'll watch tonight.

Thing is, wouldn't they do their April Fools thing tomorrow instead of today?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Football is the exception to this for a variety of reasons (Fantasy, fewest games), but for the most part, people care about their teams. I don't watch NHL games, I watch my Flyers. I don't watch MLB games, I watch the Phillies. Pretty much the only time i'm exposed to other games is via highlights

Flyers.
ZhUn5oY.png

BRUINS
OlEpTd8.png

So some people have asked me exactly how color blind I am, I decided to take a pretty detailed test to show you exactly what I have. These results are using the Farnsworth-Munsell 100 Hue Color Vision Test which is far more detailed then the typical look at the circle what number do you see test (according to those I'm completely color blind)

The idea of the test is that you are supposed to arrange the colors into order having them in a way that they progressively get darker/lighter from one color to the next, the first and last in each row don't move only the ones in the middle shift. Here is the test I took before I started it

Now here is the test after I took it

To me that looks correct, but I imagine to most people who see colors normally it looks like a jumbled up mess. When I say I struggle with colors I really do mean it.

Here is the breakdown of my results

The results explain themselves, but the closer to the center means normal vision and as you can see there is almost no area where I see colors normally, anything above 70 indicates some kind of color deficiency and I have over 100 points above that, indicating a moderate to severe level of color blindness.

Here is how I compare to the average

I'm not sure why the numbers are arranged so poorly on the lower graph, but the part in orange indicates where I am compared to the average, needless to say I'm pretty rare, it's more common to be completely color blind then to have the kind of insane color blindness I do.

Hope you guys appreciated this

Levyne

Banned
Bass you actually did okay on the test, at least to my eyes.

Not perfect, but you got the general progression right.

This is just me looking at the second set of colors, not the tabulated results.

Bass you actually did okay on the test, at least to my eyes.

Not perfect, but you got the general progression right.

This is just me looking at the second set of colors, not the tabulated results.

Maybe you're color blind too lol I dunno I think I did a fantastic job but obviously that's not true lol thanks though I appreciate it

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That was about as bad as it gets

What gets me is that Psych just ended too, and that had an amazing finale. Up there with TNG and Monk in terms of greatness.
And then we got this and... ugh.
Nobody's going to watch the spin-off...

So my knowledge of HIMYM comes from seeing the Robin/Barney wedding last week with my family and the random bits of "no it's really funny watch" with my family/friends and going yotsubaNO.jpg at the end and walking away. How bad was it?

Jintor

the best thing about the first april fools toonami was that noone had a clue what was going on and what was coming up next.

every commercial break was a celebration

BatDan

So I just read the final episode synopsis on wikipedia LOL wtf is this garbage I feel mad and I only watched like 5 episodes

The last scene with the kids was shot years ago as the actors have grown up a lot. Meaning this was still planned.
This would have been fine had the show only lasted 2 or 3 seasons, but it lasted 9! They went through the Ted & Robin thing over and over and over and over again. The fact that they still went with it without considering all the time spent in between shows just how much contempt they have for the audience.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
the best thing about the first april fools toonami was that noone had a clue what was going on and what was coming up next.

every commercial break was a celebration

I used to lurk the older Toonami threads, only posting once in awhile but I'm sure I've shared my sob story before.

I'm home that day and bored after a long day of cleaning around the house or playing video games. Probably both. It's about 9:30 at night and I suddenly remember it's April Fools and that CN will be doing something. I tell myself, eh, it's probably The Room again and promptly fall asleep. I wake up at six am and imagine my shock and horror when I learn what really went down.

Jintor

I used to lurk the older Toonami threads, only posting once in awhile but I'm sure I've shared my sob story before.

I'm home that day and bored after a long day of cleaning around the house or playing video games. Probably both. It's about 9:30 at night and I suddenly remember it's April Fools and that CN will be doing something. I tell myself, eh, it's probably The Room again and promptly fall asleep. I wake up at six am and imagine my shock and horror when I learn what really went down.

The only way that could be improved is if you flicked on the channel to see, caught the actual opening of the room they aired, then turned off the tv before it panned out to TOM.

The last scene with the kids was shot years ago as the actors have grown up a lot. Meaning this was still planned.
This would have been fine had the show only lasted 2 or 3 seasons, but it lasted 9! They went through the Ted & Robin thing over and over and over and over again. The fact that they still went with it without considering all the time spent in between shows just how much contempt they have for the audience.

It's a double slap to the face of fans considering how much the episode right before this hyped of Barney and Robin finding a way to make it work despite the problems... lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only way that could be improved is if you flicked on the channel to see, caught the actual opening of the room they aired, then turned off the tv before it panned out to TOM.

I agree. There's middle ground in between those two where I stay up, miss the beginning with Room and Tom, flick past Bleach, remember Bleach sucks and miss the incredible.

My tv is nowhere near either my bed or my pc though so If I had done anything besides go right to bed I would have heard the news if I had been up.

daveo42

Banned

I actually tuned in for that after getting addicted to the unofficial online replacement and heard about it on there. I was pleased to see Toonami come back, at least for one night. I think it was around the time we also got that 90s Nick block that would air in the middle of the night. It felt like all was right with the world. Just glad that Toonami came back to stay.

I've only known about GAF for a little more than a year and even then, I never came over to OT until sometime after E3 2013. OT and the Community threads seem to be the best places to just hang out and shoot shit.

Tenumi

Banned
I remember that night still... I was waiting for Bleach to come on, seen The Room intro, promptly changed channel. Then soon afterwards I saw threads on SA and Penny-Arcade about the "Joke". I promptly changed the channel back and stayed up until... I dunno when, sometime during Outlaw Star, I think.

I still had a reclusive attitude then. I didn't post on message boards, only lurked.

Tenumi

Banned
I missed ten minutes of Bleach because I was fooled by The Room intro. Looking back... I missed 10 minutes of filler. Hurray!

BatDan

I wasn't watching Adult Swim Action at the time since I didn't care for Bleach (still don't) or the other shows. I only learned that Toonami was airing from the GAF thread. Bleach was still on so I caught that.
I also caught DBZ, the Mass Effect 3 review, and whatever came after DBZ.

Last year's Adult Swim prank was kind of lame. They played their live-action shows only with cat heads imposed on everyone.
They probably won't play The Room again, that joke has been worn thin by this point. Until James Franco's adaptation of The Disaster Artist comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom