• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami on right now!? Is this an April Fool's troll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Any new bumpers? Have they made mention to why they are doing this? Or is it basically just a flashback thing?

I was wondering about this, where it fit into the "canon" of Toonami since it traditionally has held that part of itself pretty strictly. Might be a flashback, or Tom 3 and Tom 4 could be completely different people (I hope that's the case...) since they never did explain how 3 became 4, lost the Absolution and Sara, and gained those two other dorkwad robots.

Maybe the real Tom has been cruising space all this time with Sara on the Absolution...

Also there have been a couple new voiceovers, no new "footage" for the bumps I believe. As for why, it's an April Fools joke. Whether it becomes anything more than that is up to CN or AS.

B.K.

I REALLY hated how there was absolutely no build up to this episode.
At the end of episode five, everyone is laughing and happy. Then suddenly, we're at the end of the final battle and half of Earth is gone. No build up AT ALL.
Also, this is the ONLY action sequence in the entire OVA. I wish I never watched OVA 3. Horrible.

EYEL1NER

Never cared for Tenchi, but my body is ready!

So glad I decided to sleep until 9PM. Won't be tired until at least noon tomorrow.

Bladenic

I have to go to sleep since I'm going back to school tomorrow, but I looked up Toonami and the programming on Wikipedia and I think I transported back to fifth grade and middle school. Sigh, nostalgia wave total :(((((

You really don't think that it could be successful on Saturday nights at least? I think the audience is there.

This? Exactly this? Airing old reruns for the nostalgia vote? Yeah, maybe. I was getting more at "Toonami for a new generation" with new shows aimed at the same demographic they were hitting in the 90s. Would never work today.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
I just set my DVR to record the West Coast feed. If I wasn't working in the morning I'd watch it live right now.

You think with the all the positive responses this is getting they'd actually bring back Toonami?
Probably not, right? :(

:lol, this is bad.

My memory of Tenchi is that there were a bunch of parallel series brought over. The first 2 were good, the rest were not.

Izick

This? Exactly this? Airing old reruns for the nostalgia vote? Yeah, maybe. I was getting more at "Toonami for a new generation" with new shows aimed at the same demographic they were hitting in the 90s. Would never work today.

I don't know. Maybe that could work. Not sure why kids would be so much different today then we were back in the 90's and early 2000's.

TimeWarner ... you fucking take notice of the goodness that is happening tonight. This is how you bring back everyone you threw away during the past 5-6 years.

Can you guys believe Toonami lasted all the way up to 2008? I had no idea. How the fuck was Toonami still on the air when I was 17. Blows my mind.

LordCanti

This isn't the Tenchi Muyo all of us remember and love, for anyone still wondering what the hell it is.

Man they are doing this right with the broken promise promo and all. Here's to a ratings spike!

They did find a way to fuck this up, didn't they?

EYEL1NER

This makes me want to spend stupid amounts of $$$ on anime....
The Gundam Wing collection (box one and two) can be cheap when they are in stock on GoHastings. Especially when using promo codes. Sometimes the Hastings third party seller on Amazon has them cheap. G Gundam can be had on eBay for cheap usually.
I bought both recently and watched all of G Gundam with a buddy. So good...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wasn't this show about alien girls chasing after a regular kid, while all living together in a house?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom