• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

New opening and ending next week. I didn't really like the third opening at first but it grew on me. Third ending is terrible though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, I think I'm out for the night.

Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Bleach - 298 - Movie! Festival! Soul Reaper Film Fest!
12:30 - Naruto - 25 - The Tenth Question: All or Nothing!
1:00 - One Piece - 207 - Great Adventure in Long Ring Long Land!
1:00 - Soul Eater - 13 - The Man with the Magic Eye – Soul and Maka's Diverging Soul Wavelength?
2:00 - IGPX - 4 - The Ghost
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 38 - Date of Birth
3:00 - Thundercats - 6 - Journey to the Tower of Omens
3:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 11 - The Fortress of Deception
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 27 - Interlude Party
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 4 - Gateway Shuffle
5:00 - Inuyasha - 55 - The Stone Flower and Shippo's First Love
5:30 - Inuyasha - 56 - Temptress in the Mist

Later.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
FMA recap ep is fucking bullshit thoughh. Half-assed way to try to include something about hohenheim since they cut out all his scenes from the first half.

Should have done an ishval ep (two, actually)

Seda

lol it's always funny when fanboys are unable to accept that people dislike their favorite show.

FMA vs. FMA:B is one of those seemingly never ending debates. I saw the series in order. Personally, I prefer the tone of the first series like most people, but more important to me is the plot and how it's constructed in Brotherhood. I guess I prefer the things that actually happen in Brotherhood compared to the events of FMA. Thinking back on it, there are actually quite a number of things in each series that I didn't care for, the endings for example. Didn't care for either. In the end, I regard both series highly, despite numerous criticisms.

Jintor

FMA vs. FMA:B is one of those seemingly never ending debates. I saw the series in order. Personally, I prefer the tone of the first series like most people, but more important to me is the plot and how it's constructed in Brotherhood. I guess I prefer the things that actually happen in Brotherhood compared to the events of FMA. Thinking back on it, there are actually quite a number of things in each series that I didn't care for, the endings for example. Didn't care for either. In the end, I regard both series highly, despite numerous criticisms.

I like bits from both. But the manga trumps both, too.

GaimeGuy

Have you read the manga?

actually i'm talking about somebody who got all pissy and indignant when i said the latest episode of IGPX was incredibly boring and poorly paced :p

Seda

actually i'm talking about somebody who got all pissy and indignant when i said the latest episode of IGPX was incredibly boring and poorly paced :p

Oh sorry. I thought you were calling out FMA:B fanboys and you weren't really liking it. There are a handful of people here who like the show, and I know this was your first time watching it and you didn't seem to be liking it very much. I was a little confused because I didn't think there was any FMA:B fan acting 'fanboyish'.

Oh sorry. I thought you were calling out FMA:B fanboys and you weren't really liking it. There are a handful of people here who like the show, and I know this was your first time watching it and you didn't seem to be liking it very much. I was a little confused because I didn't think there was any FMA:B fan acting 'fanboyish'.

yeah, i'm venting from another forum i'm posting in haha.

i think FMAB kinda picked up, actually, in spite of some of the negative things i say about it. once they got past the part where they were just retreading the previous series, and being so rushed and poorly done that it was incredibly obvious they were retreading, it got pretty good. and that was actually a while ago, i think. i'd say it's one of the better shows on the block now.

Seda

yeah, i'm venting from another forum i'm posting in haha.

i think FMAB kinda picked up, actually, in spite of some of the negative things i say about it. once they got past the part where they were just retreading the previous series, and being so rushed and poorly done that it was incredibly obvious they were retreading, it got pretty good. and that was actually a while ago, i think. i'd say it's one of the better shows on the block now.

It slows down a little bit here in the middle, but the plot becomes a real rollercoaster, in the last 15 or so episodes especially.

Some of my favorite Brotherhood characters still have yet to be introduced.

GaimeGuy

Seda: And the last ~15 episodes is when they finally go to a 1-1.5 chapters per ep pace.

Seda

I wasn't paying attention to the first part of the episode, what is Inuyasha doing? Seeking out a demon his father battled, why?

It slows down a little bit here in the middle, but the plot becomes a real rollercoaster, in the last 15 or so episodes especially.

Some of my favorite Brotherhood characters still have yet to be introduced.

the only show that's really in the process of disappointing me so far is IGPX. the first episode was interesting, the second episode had a lot of boring off-the-track stuff, and now the third episode was both boring on and off the track while dragging like hell

I wasn't paying attention to the first part of the episode, what is Inuyasha doing? Seeking out a demon his father battled, why?

Inuyasha wants to make the sword lighter so he doesn't lose it anymore because he doesn't want to hurt Kagome. To that end, he must battle Ryukotsusei, a powerful demon that even Inuyasha's dad couldn't kill. Naraku was listening in on their conversation though, and now he's there to fuck shit up.

Seda

Inuyasha wants to make the sword lighter so he doesn't lose it anymore because he doesn't want to hurt Kagome. To that end, he must battle Ryukotsusei, a powerful demon that even Inuyasha's dad couldn't kill. Naraku was listening in on their conversation though, and now he's there to fuck shit up.

Naraku doing what he does best.

That is the last line of the 4Kids One Piece rap actually

huh. so it is.

i think i was kinda partial to shadow's "I left all the anime in one place", but in general i don't think i'd have a problem with "Set sail for one piece", and the goal here is not so much to be clever (though that's a definite plus) but to communicate that hey, One Piece is here, right?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Eh, I think that might give people even more reason to think this is the 4kids dub. There's been some confusion ITT before about that.

It's funny because when Inuyasha fought against the thunder and lightning dudes he also lost his sword and his life was in plenty danger, but no transformation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom