• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hard to tell. You are always staring into our souls.

Not only that, but his name literally says "He hate me". Those are some confusing signals you're sending out, Hehateme ol' buddy.

You can trust me, guys!
tumblr_inline_mmcc30Gt6i1qz4rgp.png

Tenumi

Banned
Wow, I was tired last night. Only made it to 1:15 or so when I'm usually good until 2:30. Means I've got to catch up on some Soul Eater.

Also, is it just me, or is Naruto the most interesting of the first 3 right now?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wow, I was tired last night. Only made it to 1:15 or so when I'm usually good until 2:30. Means I've got to catch up on some Soul Eater.

Also, is it just me, or is Naruto the most interesting of the first 3 right now?

You're not wrong. This is where Naruto starts to get interesting.

Seda

Well Bleach is never interesting, this part of Naruto does get pretty good if memory serves me well, and One Piece is in this zany minigames arc, so yeah I'd agree. Although Soul Eater is more enjoyable for me than all of them at the moment.

this is the part where i rank all the One Piece arcs before Toonami started.

Alabasta
Arlong
Jaya
G-8
Skypiea
Drum Island
Whiskey Peak
Baratie
Captain Kuro
Laboon (Reverse Mountain)
Logue Town
Little Garden
Buggy the Clown
Romance Dawn (Captain Morgan)
Rainbow Mist
Apis (Warship Island)
Goat Island

Twitter continues to scares the hell out of me.

I don't think I could handle a random tweet I made getting noticed by the whole cast of the show I was watching.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Twitter continues to scares the hell out of me.

I don't think I could handle a random tweet I made getting noticed by the whole cast of the show I was watching.

Such is life I suppose. Ah well, I admit I am surprised as well, but this is not the first time Twitter has ever shocked me. Oh and the best way to deal with it is just to move forward. No use unsaying it and no use poking the situation.

Crocodile

My thing is that at no point in modern history do people say yeah there used to be demons in the world then they all got killed off.

I know nothing of Inuyasha past what's shown in the first anime. Do they EVER address or explain this point in the manga or in Final Act?

Crocodile

Nope. It's not really relevant to the story though.

Really? That seems like an odd point to overlook. You'd think it would be something was wasn't initially mentioned but would be something like Inuyahsa would notice and then tie into a major plot point near the end of the series. Like maybe Naraku's ultimate bid for ULTIMATE POWER ends up killing all the demons (he tires to absorb them, succeeds, but is eventually defeated and killed maybe?) or maybe the series ends with a Humans vs. Demons war with the demons being nearly wiped out or something. It feels like poor writing to not account for that difference considering that both Eras occur in the exact same world. It would be different if Kagome was moving through dimensions but she's just moving through time.

Crocodile

The time difference between the Modern Era and Inuyahsa's time is only about 400 years no? Considering that demons weren't rare, the general populace was WELL aware of them, and there would be tons on writings on the subject in a still living and vibrant language it seems unlikely that their existence would drift into the realm of myth unless the demons themselves just disappeared. However, their disappearance has to be explained, it can't just be because of "reasons". Hell even if they did disappear, they would still leave evidence of their existence. Giant dog demon skeletons and dragon skeletons don't just vanish, especially only over 400 years.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The time difference between the Modern Era and Inuyahsa's time is only about 400 years no? Considering that demons weren't rare, the general populace was WELL aware of them, and there would be tons on writings on the subject in a still living and vibrant language it seems unlikely that their existence would drift into the realm of myth unless the demons themselves just disappeared. However, their disappearance has to be explained, it can't just be because of "reasons". Hell even if they did disappear, they would still leave evidence of their existence. Giant dog demon skeletons and dragon skeletons don't just vanish, especially only over 400 years.

Eh, don't nitpick too hard. You can ruin anything but nitpicking this hard. It doesn't really matter as far as the plot goes, so they don't explore it.

there's plenty of media where somebody goes to fight a dragon in Medieval times, and not once have i questioned "WELL WHY DON'T PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT IT IN THE MODERN ERA" because it's a laughably extreme nitpick with no bearing on the enjoyment or quality of what is a fantasy series. if InuYasha pretended to be very grounded and realistic, then it'd be a problem.

bigkrev

So I slept all last night... know I can catch Naruto on CR and Soul Eater on Netflix, but where can I watch last nights One Piece?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So I slept all last night... know I can catch Naruto on CR and Soul Eater on Netflix, but where can I watch last nights One Piece?

Aren't almost all the One Piece episodes on Hulu. Pretty sure you can watch the majority of One Piece (even ahead of where Toonami is) without even having Hulu Plus.

Crocodile

Eh, don't nitpick too hard. You can ruin anything but nitpicking this hard. It doesn't really matter as far as the plot goes, so they don't explore it.

Yeah, I agree. It bothers me but not enough the hurt the series. I just felt it was somethng that deserved addressing.

there's plenty of media where somebody goes to fight a dragon in Medieval times, and not once have i questioned "WELL WHY DON'T PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT IT IN THE MODERN ERA" because it's a laughably extreme nitpick with no bearing on the enjoyment or quality of what is a fantasy series. if InuYasha pretended to be very grounded and realistic, then it'd be a problem.

I don't think its completely comparable just because those tend to represent singular events whereas in Inuyasha's world, walking into a random field/lake/forest can easily put you face to face with a demon. They are as common as raccoons :p But yeah its not a super big deal in the long run. I only notice it much here because the show spends so much time in both eras (that plus the ubiquity of demons).

I don't think its completely comparable just because those tend to represent singular events whereas in Inuyasha's world, walking into a random field/lake/forest can easily put you face to face with a demon. They are as common as raccoons :p But yeah its not a super big deal in the long run. I only notice it much here because the show spends so much time in both eras (that plus the ubiquity of demons).

i actually kinda wish they spent more time in the modern era, to be honest. it's kinda relegated to "that place Kagome goes sometimes"

Crocodile

i actually kinda wish they spent more time in the modern era, to be honest. it's kinda relegated to "that place Kagome goes sometimes"

I think that would have been a neat direction to go in but it would require that Kagome's friends and Hojo (?) actually be interesting. It would have been also neat if Inuyaha actually tried to fit in when he was there with more than just a baseball cap. A suit could have been an interesting look.

MikeMyers

I think that would have been a neat direction to go in but it would require that Kagome's friends and Hojo (?) actually be interesting. It would have been also neat if Inuyaha actually tried to fit in when he was there with more than just a baseball cap. A suit could have been an interesting look.

I like the episode where
InuYasha joins Kagome's school play

they are basically comedy that have no bearing on the story whatsoever. the only spoiler here is if you want to see them for the first time on Toonami, though they do take place quite a bit later in the series.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It'd be helpful to know if these pertain to Final Act or later stuff Inuyasha.

Still regular old Inuyasha, but much much later on.

they are basically comedy that have no bearing on the story whatsoever. the only spoiler here is if you want to see them for the first time on Toonami, though they do take place quite a bit later in the series.

Yea but that doesn't stop them from being fun. My thing was a bit of a spoiler though since
he doesn't get that power until much later. The shooting diamonds out of his sword thing that is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom