• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Next week is the finale of season 1 but we already know their going to air season 2 which is another 13 episodes. Both Big O season 2 and IGPX Season 2 start and end on the same day so it'll be interesting to see what they do when both end.

Cowboy Bebop ends at the same time as well.

tumblr_mbqpkejOVi1r5rqj6o1_500.gif

alright, what the hell is up with their noses in this gif.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
One thing before I leave for the week:

It better be this.
tumblr_mbqpkejOVi1r5rqj6o1_500.gif

Or at least Kid Maka and Kid Crona.

Haha, can only get but SO risqué on Miiverse! Naaa, I drew something else...

Though one of the Toonami Sketch Dump Regulars did draw this last night:
zlCfzRDKZ3MTKrRQux

And I fully Agree!

Good morning ToonamiGaf.
^^^Once again good shit SAB. Love the Naruto, One Piece, and E7 sketches.

Thanks :) Eureka was the first pic after the internet issues run, so I was kinda in a rush to finish her, and hope it ACTUALLY WORKED... so I was happy to see it made it XD

Did not know Mizune's "whiskers" were on her midriff.

That IS actually a cool little detail. Though I wonder how 5 (once 6!) creatures all turn into 1 being, and how they manage to do this so well, with 1 of their original parts now dead...

Amikami

Banned
zlCfzRDKZ3MTKrRQux

So amazing.

I swear that was some of the cutest most heart-breaking stuff I've seen on Toonami. Emotions haven't been so high since Casshern. Actually, it was even more emotional because I came into every Casshern episode expecting it. Thought it was a battle-centric episode. Gaf did good on not spoiling this soul eater feels for that episode.

Wait, did they do the "fight" with Blair yesterdy and I missed it?

Well Blair fought the Mizune Sisters in her Cat form, then everyone transformed into Booby form. I'm not sure if there's more to the battle, but we saw no more of them after Mizune sisters turned into a human.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Cowboy Bebop ends at the same time as well.

Yeah, October 26 should be a big night as there will be no fewer than three new open time slots that night (though one of them might just be Bebop rebooting).

Last year in October the block expanded to 6 hours and added Thundercats and Sym-Bionic Titan, while early November added Inuyasha and some other show I must have forgotten.

Seda

Last year in October the block expanded to 6 hours and added Thundercats and Sym-Bionic Titan, while early November added Inuyasha and some other show I must have forgotten.

Naruto started in early December. Otherwise not sure what you are talking about.

And I'll very likely miss the next two weeks :/

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The one that got away: Here's the Soul Eater Image that didn't make the Sketchdump!

Had to get this one of Patty:
tumblr_mpygt9SSGg1s9kej6o1_400.png

And I'm glad you guys like the Maka & Crona picture! I've let the artist know you've enjoyed it, he's happy you liked it!

Amikami

Banned
The one that got away: Here's the Soul Eater Image that didn't make the Sketchdump!

Had to get this one of Patty:
tumblr_mpygt9SSGg1s9kej6o1_400.png

And I'm glad you guys like the Maka & Crona picture! I've let the artist know you've enjoyed it, he's happy you liked it!

Ha! Yeah you got her expression pretty well.

Naruto started in early December. Otherwise not sure what you are talking about.

And I'll very likely miss the next two weeks :/

No Seda. :'{

Raxus

I'll try to keep the Inuyasha kids occupied while Seda is away. If memory serves we are about to hit some good stuff.

Hola peeps.

Seda gifs :(

And if you missed last night and wanted to see a part of something, hit me with a PM and uh, yeah we'll see where it goes from there. ( .....and if you just missed Venture Bros. )

Until then, Watamote & Steam await.

So the Amazon Gold Box deal of the day is on Funi titles. Using points, I got FMA:B on Blu-Ray for around $30. Now I'm strongly tempted to get all of Dragon Ball, but I've never watched anything Dragon Ball related. Should I do it?

So the Amazon Gold Box deal of the day is on Funi titles. Using points, I got FMA:B on Blu-Ray for around $30. Now I'm strongly tempted to get all of Dragon Ball, but I've never watched anything Dragon Ball related. Should I do it?

Yes. Dragon Ball is awesome, yo. Official Schadenfreude seal of approval.

Yeah I've seen all of dragon ball and I'm temped to get all the box sets

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Along with DB, Black Lagoon and FMA:B, One Piece is on sale as well. Collections 1-8 for $17 a piece. See the stuff that didn't air on Toonami.

The action was awesome as hell. I feel like it just wasn't enough, like they tried to squeeze 2 movies into 1.

Maybe I was lucky as I had almost no hype of anticipation for this film until I saw the Tom interview the other week. That's the first time I got kind of excited but I still wasn't sure Hollywood could do Japanese giant mechs right and boy did they nail it.

Also it makes sense he squeezed so much in there, better blow your whole load on the guaranteed film instead of saving things for a sequel that may never get made.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Maybe I was lucky as I had almost no hype of anticipation for this film until I saw the Tom interview the other week. That's the first time I got kind of excited but I still wasn't sure Hollywood could do Japanese giant mechs right and boy did they nail it.

Also it makes sense he squeezed so much in there, better blow your whole load on the guaranteed film instead of saving things for a sequel that may never get made.

I was the same way, I went in not expecting much and was pretty shocked at what we got. It was pretty good, it was basically a B-movie but with a bigger budget and awesome fight choreography.

I was the same way, I went in not expecting much and was pretty shocked at what we got.

Not sure if it was simply the fact there was no source material to be compared to or if they simply get what makes giant mech/monster series work. Either way my hope is restored in Hollywood being able to make "Japanese anime" films that don't completely suck

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Not sure if it was simply the fact there was no source material to be compared to or if they simply get what makes giant mech/monster series work. Either way my hope is restored in Hollywood being able to make "Japanese anime" films that don't completely suck

I feel like it was the latter, that Del Toro just got why it works. Hopefully it does well enough that it justifies another try in the genre, it was good but could also be a whole lot better.

I feel like it was the latter, that Del Toro just got why it works. Hopefully it does well enough that it justifies another try in the genre, it was good but could also be a whole lot better.

True but compared to hollywoods past efforts like 97 Godzilla and clover field this is a mech size step in the right direction. Hopefully Michael bay takes some notes on how to do giant mech battles without it being a cluster fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom