• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
True but compared to hollywoods past efforts like 97 Godzilla and clover field this is a mech size step in the right direction. Hopefully Michael bay takes some notes on how to do giant mech battles without it being a cluster fuck.

This was something Bay isn't capable of doing. It wasn't filled with boobs, American flags or circular shots of people for no goddamn reason.

This was something Bay isn't capable of doing. It wasn't filled with boobs, American flags or circular shots of people for no goddamn reason.

Don't forget unfunny humor, racism, stereotypes, and robot pee. It's a crime that bay will make more money off of transformers 4 then all the potential pacific rim sequels combined :(

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Don't forget unfunny humor, racism, stereotypes, and robot pee. It's a crime that bay will make more money off of transformers 4 then all the potential pacific rim sequels combined :(

You're right. I forgot about all that stuff, I've been trying to block it out.

Raxus

True but compared to hollywoods past efforts like 97 Godzilla and clover field this is a mech size step in the right direction. Hopefully Michael bay takes some notes on how to do giant mech battles without it being a cluster fuck.

Michael Bay? Take notes? HA!

If by take notes you mean more explosions and loud noises happening as two metal things merge on a screen in what's supposed to be a fight then yes he will take notes. Part of the problem is besides Bumble Bee and Prime it is impossible to tell who the good and bad guys are in his films. What the hell does Megatron even transform into?

I'm planning on seeing PR sometime this week, apparently it bombed at the box office though? Or am I thinking of something else...

PACIFIC RIM: $53M Overseas Total (38 Markets) / $91.3M Global Total

Budget was $190 million so yeah looking like a bomb unless it has some crazy legs.

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/highlights/27420/adultswim-ratings-scorecard-week-of-july-8-2013/

12:00AM Bleach 0.9 HH, 1.327 million
12:30AM Naruto 0.8 HH, 1.218 million
1:00AM One Piece 0.7 HH, 1.028 million
1:30AM Soul Eater 0.7 HH, 948,000
2:00AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.5 HH, 717,000
2:30AM Eureka 7 0.5 HH, 697,000
3:00AM Thundercats (2011) 0.5 HH, 700,000
3:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.5 HH, 700,000
4:00AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.4 HH, 597,000
4:30AM Cowboy Bebop 0.4 HH, 504,000
5:00AM Inuyasha 0.4 HH, 516,000
5:30AM Inuyasha 0.4 HH, 555,000

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ampaign=Feed:+Tvbythenumbers+(TVbytheNumbers)

The Saturday premiere episodes of Bleach (12 a.m.) and Naruto (12:30 a.m.) both ranked #1 in their respective timeslots among adults 18-24 and all targeted men demos. Similarly, One Piece (1 a.m.) ranked #1 among adults 18-24 and men 18-24 & 18-34, and Soul Eater (1:30 a.m.) ranked #1 among men 18-24 & 18-34. All TOONAMI episode premieres grew delivery by double-digits among all adults 18-24, 18-34 & 18-49 and targeted men vs. the same time period last year.

Tenumi

Banned
http://www.tvmediainsights.com/highlights/27420/adultswim-ratings-scorecard-week-of-july-8-2013/

12:00AM Bleach 0.9 HH, 1.327 million
12:30AM Naruto 0.8 HH, 1.218 million
1:00AM One Piece 0.7 HH, 1.028 million
1:30AM Soul Eater 0.7 HH, 948,000
2:00AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.5 HH, 717,000
2:30AM Eureka 7 0.5 HH, 697,000
3:00AM Thundercats (2011) 0.5 HH, 700,000
3:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.5 HH, 700,000
4:00AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.4 HH, 597,000
4:30AM Cowboy Bebop 0.4 HH, 504,000
5:00AM Inuyasha 0.4 HH, 516,000
5:30AM Inuyasha 0.4 HH, 555,000

Not too bad. Wish One Piece and Soul Eater got a little higher, but nothing to complain about. I must say, I'm a bit surprised Naruto has been as much of a ratings-bringer as it has been.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Not too bad. Wish One Piece and Soul Eater got a little higher, but nothing to complain about. I must say, I'm a bit surprised Naruto has been as much of a ratings-bringer as it has been.

It's not really shocking, Naruto is at an exciting point in the series so people watch it. One Piece isn't yet and Soul Eater is too good for the lot that watch Bleach.

Naruto like Bleach or Dragon Ball Z is incredibly popular, it'll pull good ratings at pretty much any slot on any channel.

Seda

Triple million. Not bad at all.

I don't know what kind of pull Sword Art Online will have, but if it is something people really want to watch, it might hold over more viewers through One Piece and Soul Eater. For a few weeks anyway it will be the first place to watch the dub before the discs start to release.

All TOONAMI episode premieres grew delivery by double-digits among all adults 18-24, 18-34 & 18-49 and targeted men vs. the same time period last year

This is key as well.

Triple million. Not bad at all.

I don't know what kind of pull Sword Art Online will have, but if it is something people really want to watch, it might hold over more viewers through One Piece and Soul Eater. For a few weeks anyway it will be the first place to watch the dub before the discs start to release.

I'm sure next week they'll push the crap out of it during Bleach/Naruto. It'll probably do well and might even boost the numbers of OP/SE if people who leave after B/N stay up to check it out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SAO is going to do nutty ratings the first few weeks.

Also for those needing to catch up on it FMA:B is up in its entirety on US and Canadian Netflix.

SAO will probably pull between 900-950K for the first few weeks and then settle into the 750K-800K range

It's going to be higher then that, IGPX drops off to those numbers simply because it's not that great of a show. SAO may be a hate watch for a lot of us but none of us can say it isn't entertaining. The first 2 episodes of SAO are so hype and so fantastic it's going to draw a lot of people in and it's a premier of something brand new in English for the first time.

Moaradin

With just some slight changes in the script and some TV censoring, I think it could work. It will still be kinda weird but it would be a lot less weird.

Moaradin

Just so we are on the same page, we are talking about the [Minor SOA spoilers but don't click anyways]
brother/sister thing right?

No way, my money is on it hitting a mil. It's perfect for the Bleach crowd.

It's going to be higher then that, IGPX drops off to those numbers simply because it's not that great of a show. SAO may be a hate watch for a lot of us but none of us can say it isn't entertaining. The first 2 episodes of SAO are so hype and so fantastic it's going to draw a lot of people in and it's a premier of something brand new in English for the first time.

Bleach - 12
Naruto - 12:30
One Piece - 1
Soul Eater - 1:30
SAO - 2

Standing by my prediction, let's be realistic here guys. Like I said, it will rate highly (~900-950K) the first few weeks batting 5th because A) the first few episode are indeed hype) B) it's a new show and C) toonami will be the only place to watch the dub until the DVDs come out. However, I don't see the numbers retaining because SOA gets weird fast and, well...it's in the 2 AM slot.

If Soul Eater can't break a mil consistently what makes you think SAO is going to? It doesn't cater to the "Bleach crowd" (whatever that is) any more than SE, the fact of the matter is that it's in a late slot that millions of people won't stay up for. You're going to be disappointed once the ratings roll in if you think SOA is going to be pushing 1M+ more weeks than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom