• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It is pretty amazing that they've gone from the leavings of gigantic long term deals, Bleach and the afterbirth of the Funimation Channel to their best anime lineup since their heyday in the early 2000's in just over a year.

Sad to see E7 going forever though.

Cwarrior

Well that was an interesting Q&A

I thought we wanted good shows...

courage punch yay courage punch just bad as power of friendship or maybe worse

Bones's soul eater isn't any better then fairy tail it's an equivalent exchange.

Doesn't matter what we get, 2 years from now nearly everything on toonami will be otaku pander shit anyways, it's inevitable.

Cwarrior

Not sure how you came to this conclusion.

It's inevitable, toonami will be cancelled once again.
url

Man God

Non-Canon Member
By then Bandai Americas remains will be settled and they'll have a ton of old cheap shows with proven audiences to license from Funimation or whomever.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
And we will have the return of G Gundam!

On the list of the Bandai America properties for sale that sprung up awhile ago both this and Haruhi were NOT on the list.

I was legit shook as G Gundam is without a doubt one of my favorite things in the entire universe and would do great on Toonami now that it has become a cult favorite.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Anonymous Asked: Can you guys skip the filler episodes of Bleach and Naruto?

Sorry, we don’t believe in “filler arcs" and we won’t be skipping anything.

RIP Naruto Ratings in 2 years.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Whatever show opens our block will run it’s full open. Right now, that’s Bleach.

Ah, finally an actual answer! Until now they've just been like "Would you shut up! We only air what they give us..."

Still kind of depressing to think it's going to take more than a year for another show to air its full opening...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I kind of want to punch the people who are suggesting SAO should come on before soul eater. It seems the only place people talk about SE being good is here. Why does SE rock so hard every week, get great ratings, but then nobody outside of GAF ever talks favorably about it?

Also, I wish someone would have asked if Gurren Lagaan was a possibility for a future lineup. I didn't wake up early enough to ask.

It's a Bandai dub so presumably it's in the same position as the Gundam shows.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Here's an updated list of tentative end dates.

Sym-Bionic Titan (Second Run): July 20th 2013
ThunderCats: (Second Run) July 20th 2013
Eureka Seven: August 10th 2013
Big O II: October 19th 2013
IGPX: October 19th 2013
Sword Art Online: January 11th 2014
Soul Eater: February 8th 2014
Bleach: September 6th 2014
Naruto (canon material): June 27th 2015

One Piece: HAHAHAHAHAHA

Jintor

They're really doubling down on SAO. Well, relative. Then again, a lot of people seem to enjoy it... man, I can't wait to find out if it's going to be an eh watch or a hatewatch.

Then again, they doubled down on GXP and we all know what a fucking shitshow that was.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Warms my heart to know we have a lot of Soul Eater left.

Feels like IGPX should end sooner though. Same night at Big O, which hasn't even premiered? Man....

so i watched Tenchi in Tokyo. really not as awful as people say it is. it's got some pretty good stuff in it (though it also has a lot of unbearably stupid stuff); i think a lot of the hate probably stems from things being changed rather than the series being legitimately bad. it's not good or anything, but i don't see how it gets labeled bad. (whoever avatar quotes me dies)

and it's a hell of a lot better than GXP and OVA 3.

Novid

Banned
SAO is going to be popular based on the first 12 episodes and that momentum will take the views the rest of the 14 or so.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I may have peeked into next week's Soul Eater. It is pretty amazing.

Oh man, you're going to love the manga when you start reading it.

It feels kinda weird seeing 2014 and 2015 dates for anything. The progression of time sure is scary.

I've also counted to the actual end of Naruto (the end of Filler Hell). I'm not going to say when because I don't want to scare people.

Tenumi

Banned
I'm just glad to see an end in sight for Bleach... even if it is over a year away.

SAO is going to be popular based on the first 12 episodes and that momentum will take the views the rest of the 14 or so.

I can definitely see that happening. Good for ratings, not necessarily for the viewers.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
so i watched Tenchi in Tokyo. really not as awful as people say it is. it's got some pretty good stuff in it (though it also has a lot of unbearably stupid stuff); i think a lot of the hate probably stems from things being changed rather than the series being legitimately bad. it's not good or anything, but i don't see how it gets labeled bad. (whoever avatar quotes me dies)

and it's a hell of a lot better than GXP and OVA 3.

It's the animation quality that really suffers. It's actually kind of an interesting take on the whole Tenchi Universe what with him going "fuck all these crazy ladies, I'm moving outta here!" and it not quite sticking.

It's the harbinger of the doom that is to come later though and the beginning of the end.

It's the animation quality that really suffers. It's actually kind of an interesting take on the whole Tenchi Universe what with him going "fuck all these crazy ladies, I'm moving outta here!" and it not quite sticking.

It's the harbinger of the doom that is to come later though and the beginning of the end.

well, i mean i finished watching the whole series. and the animation was pretty mediocre, i agree.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Watching it right after Tenchi Universe ended was quite the culture shock when it comes to animation.

It's telling that nothing they produced has ever met the animation standards of the original OAV, not even the movies.

For all the hate Tenchi gets, the first Tenchi movie is absolutely outstanding. And the second one is pretty good too.

the first one is mediocre and the second one is outright bad. the third is the only good one.

i thought most of the hate was just concentrated toward GXP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom