• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I don't really think I can call a decision on Mari until Eva 4.0 comes out, but I just finished watching 3.0 and I continue to think of her more as a plot device than a character. (Although given the timeframe, everyone is a plot device in Rebuild)

Anyway, since everyone was so taken with Rebuild 2.22's wonderful musical dissonance, perhaps you may care to watch the End of Evangelion's fantastic use of Komm, Susser Todd. Obviously, contains spoilers for the series as a whole, End of Eva in particular, and is also kind of amazingly depressing.

Tiffany Grant definitely gives a fucking amazing performance though. As does Spike Spencer. Though not nearly as awesome as elsewhere...

/edit oh christ. I forgot how fucking weird End of Eva was.

Raxus

I hope you guys are more supportive of kick heart on twitter. I really want to see Little Witch Acadamia 1 and 2 make it to Toonami.

Morning ToonamiGaf .
Movie night was fun.
zlCfzRHDJCYNuOV3ml

zlCfzRHDmAojJnGMGu
zlCfzRHDr0gPVSvAaJ

zlCfzRHDzSYrMdJ-SC
zlCfzRHD1hgZ0U6GQm

zlCfzRHD7AcDF2uGAm

zlCfzRHEGGosp3KsK_

zlCfzRHEHjU74BjBJ9
zlCfzRHEMI4sZ4wxEN

zlCfzRHEY1wgtBPaAK

Later.
My faves. Really liked the SF III reference.

And
zlCfzRHECVkXDMoRQP

Not sure if really miss Misato or wanted to draw more Eva

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning Toonami-GAF.

It's going to be a while before we get Evangelion 3.33, so I pose the question .What other movies would you like to see?
Right now, anything from the DC Animated Direct-to-DVD line would be great. Like Batman: Under the Red Hood or Superman vs. The Elite.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looking at what I can see from my shelf, Summer Wars and Redline are probably my top pics.

Maybe the rejiggered Ghost in the Shell?

The Trigun movie (Badlands Rumble) isn't horrible. And the Bebop movie, of course, is excellent. Gummed up, brain dead... can't decide.
I pretty much have to vote all of theses, especially the ones based on shows Adult Swim/Toonami had at one point.

Also wouldn't mind the original GitS film since I've yet to see it.

bigkrev

Well, i kinda lost it around 2:00 a.m., and was asleep around 2:30. Hope everyone liked EVA!

I'm guessing I don't need to go out of my way to see everything else?

Yeah would love to rewatch the bebop film on tv. Unless they switch in trigun for retro fun I'd rather they not show badlands rumble, it's an okay film.

Also thanks to the bar being set so low they left it on the ground with kick heart any special they show on toonami next will look a million times better by comparison. There is a difference between style and really shitty art and kick heart was most certainly the later. The comedy is also clearly a result of the lowered standards thanks to awful comedies like Cleveland show and half of adults swim line up flooding the airways. The idea of a wrestler who goes off on pain should be much funnier then this and should lead to some awkward hilarity, instead whatever humor it might have had is lost in gigantic boobies and coloring/drawing that looks like the producers expected people to be tripping balls when they watched this. Everyone bitches about sword art online yet it somehow has better humor, a more coherent plot, better character motivation, and superior actions to kick heart. Don't try to pass off garbage as artsy or stylized and that's what kick heart was, garbage.

FlipWilson

Neo Member
GAF! I've come to warn you: DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT get your hopes up for Neon Genesis Evangelion 3.33 You Can [Not] Redo

thar movie is complete bullocks compared to 1.11 and 2.22; Shinji is complete fodder in this movie; he does absolutely nothing and the only thing he does do is makes everything worse though everyone and their grandmother told him not to; and even and the person who looks to be the main antagonist from 2.22(specially if you saw the end credit scene) is just as much fodder!!!!

I watch this for free and I feel like I should be reimbursed of my time watching. I won't go into anymore detail than this; get ready for an emotional Shinji stuck in a fetal position...

GAF! I've come to warn you: DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT get your hopes up for Neon Genesis Evangelion 3.33 You Can [Not] Redo

thar movie is complete bullocks compared to 1.11 and 2.22; Shinji is complete fodder in this movie; he does absolutely nothing and the only thing he does do is makes everything worse though everyone and their grandmother told him not to; and even and the person who looks to be the main antagonist from 2.22(specially if you saw the end credit scene) is just as much fodder!!!!

I watch this for free and I feel like I should be reimbursed of my time watching. I won't go into anymore detail than this; get ready for an emotional Shinji stuck in a fetal position...
Sounds like Eva to me

So I just rewatched Clone Wars and still have no idea what happened

The big ion cannon weapon introduced last episode was still a threat and was going to be used to target a medical center treating clone soldiers. Anakin and and co are the closest squadron but would not get there in time unless they took a short cut which was used by smugglers in the past. They find out the reason it's no longer used its because giant space whales now inhabit it and one of them damages a clone y wing as they fly though. Anakin and co catch up to the separatist but due to the damage some of the ships sustained in the short cut several crashed or were shot down. Anakin then attempts a suicide run to destroy grevious and his ship once and for all leading to more clone death. Finally his Ashoka and Plo Koon convince Anakin that this attack isn't going to work and they should simply prioritize disrupting to ion cannon to save the medical facility which they accomplish. The republic army shows up at the end and the separatist retreat

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The big ion cannon weapon introduced last episode was still a threat and was going to be used to target a medical center treating clone soldiers. Anakin and and co are the closest squadron but would not get there in time unless they took a short cut which was used by smugglers in the past. They find out the reason it's no longer used its because giant space whales now inhabit it and one of them damages a clone y wing as they fly though. Anakin and co catch up to the separatist but due to the damage some of the ships sustained in the short cut several crashed or were shot down. Anakin then attempts a suicide run to destroy grevious and his ship once and for all leading to more clone death. Finally his Ashoka and Plo Koon convince Anakin that this attack isn't going to work and they should simply prioritize disrupting to ion cannon to save the medical facility which they accomplish. The republic army shows up at the end and the separatist retreat
get your shit together anakin.

Azure J

Yeah would love to rewatch the bebop film on tv. Unless they switch in trigun for retro fun I'd rather they not show badlands rumble, it's an okay film.

Also thanks to the bar being set so low they left it on the ground with kick heart any special they show on toonami next will look a million times better by comparison. There is a difference between style and really shitty art and kick heart was most certainly the later. The comedy is also clearly a result of the lowered standards thanks to awful comedies like Cleveland show and half of adults swim line up flooding the airways. The idea of a wrestler who goes off on pain should be much funnier then this and should lead to some awkward hilarity, instead whatever humor it might have had is lost in gigantic boobies and coloring/drawing that looks like the producers expected people to be tripping balls when they watched this. Everyone bitches about sword art online yet it somehow has better humor, a more coherent plot, better character motivation, and superior actions to kick heart. Don't try to pass off garbage as artsy or stylized and that's what kick heart was, garbage.

gbe6fc15e.png

This is just too much for me now. The hate is poisonous. :lol

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I don't really think I can call a decision on Mari until Eva 4.0 comes out, but I just finished watching 3.0 and I continue to think of her more as a plot device than a character. (Although given the timeframe, everyone is a plot device in Rebuild)

Yeah, I can see that. For me, Mari delivered what I wanted her to in 2.22, so I was happy with her from just that, but from what I hear of 3.03, I'm not sure if I'll feel like they DID anything with her there...

Morning ToonamiGaf .
Movie night was fun.
My faves. Really liked the SF III reference.

And
zlCfzRHECVkXDMoRQP

Not sure if really miss Misato or wanted to draw more Eva

My last Tatsuki-fueled SFIII ref was kinda passed over, so glad this (these) got some love, ha.

And I totally missed Misato-brand personality and "SERVICE!" at this point, lol. I enjoyed her role so much in the movie. She's a nice mix of fun &, surprisingly, responsibility. One scene leaves you feeling that next you see her, she'll be too much of one or the other... but she never overdid it. Basically was exactly what was needed at each appearance.

Shonen-overload will always make me appreciate this.

It's going to be a while before we get Evangelion 3.33, so I pose the question .What other movies would you like to see?
Right now, anything from the DC Animated Direct-to-DVD line would be great. Like Batman: Under the Red Hood or Superman vs. The Elite.

I really wouldn't like to see anything that's made Netflix streaming, save for a few awesome standouts.

I dunno... as far as "oddball recommendations", I'd rewatch Naussica! I haven't seen Tekken Bloodline Rebellion either, how odd would it be for them to show something like that... or some of the Street Fighter Animation.

Looking at what I can see from my shelf, Summer Wars and Redline are probably my top pics.

Maybe the rejiggered Ghost in the Shell?

The Trigun movie (Badlands Rumble) isn't horrible. And the Bebop movie, of course, is excellent.

Ok! I'd enjoy all of them as a Movie night. Summer Wars especially, since it's a bit different than the usual Toonami Fare. Redline would be a boon, though.

zlCfzRHDr0gPVSvAaJ

Favorite one.

So hard to get "misty glass!" to work in B&w, lol. I'm glad, because I was worried it might look to much like a beard..

--

Yeah, it sounds like a lot of dropped potential... I still wanna see it, but 2.22 felt so great all the way through, that I kinda expect disappointment from the followup, ha.

This should, of course, make eventual 4.44 absolutely spectacular.

Now that I'm fully awake, thoughts on last night

2.22: Watching episodes 16-20 beforehand was a big mistake. Too much got switched around; Asuka was royally screwed imo; Mari may be a bit crazy and has blood-lust (if you want to call it that), but she doesn't hold a candle to Asuka. The movie may have went all out on the explosions and bright lights, but it was clear the show did a much better job of going all out on the physical violence. Overall, I found the movie to be a decent watch. It will be a while before the third movie is shown so I got plenty of time to find a copy of End of Evangelion without resorting to getting it online

Kick Heart: Well I didn't hate it like some others do. They weren't kidding when they said no one else would have the balls to air this. It was so out there and interesting to watch that I actually liked it. I hope Toonami does something like this again in the near future

Yu Yu Hakusho: Poltergeist Report
Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro
Princess Mononoke
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
Dragon Ball Z: Dead Zone
Batman: Gotham Knight

And I manged to get all of that while raging hardcore for almost the entire episode against Kick Heart, heck I think I raged longer then the actual short lol

Kick-Heart was so terribad. The art style was trash and looked like rough storyboard sketches. Instead of coming off as unique, it just looked half-assed to me, especially after they raised over $200,000 for this 12 minute short.

The plot was poorly handled as well. A story about a wrestler who gets turned on by pain finding out that the person he's fighting against is actually a nun at his orphanage could have been funny but instead they used a bunch of lame adult swim gimmicks to try and appear edgy. Trust me, I was raging just as (okay, slightly less) hard.

2/10

zlCfzRHEGGosp3KsK_

Favorite sketch, Dorothy is da best

Order

I hated it too, but damn man.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Yeah, anything DCU Animated would be my choice. Or I would go with any of the movies tied to the shows on the block (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Cowboy Bebop Knocking on Heaven's Door, etc)

It would be nice if they could do a movie night quarterly. And since it's going to be a long until we see 3.33 and years before 4 is available, they gotta be looking at something other than Eva for the next night.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Now that I'm fully awake, thoughts on last night

2.22: Watching episodes 16-20 beforehand was a big mistake. Too much got switched around; Asuka was royally screwed imo; Mari may be a bit crazy and has blood-lust (if you want to call it that), but she doesn't hold a candle to Asuka. The movie may have went all out on the explosions and bright lights, but it was clear the show did a much better job of going all out on the physical violence. Overall, I found the movie to be a decent watch. It will be a while before the third movie is shown so I got plenty of time to find a copy of End of Evangelion without resorting to getting it online

Kick Heart: Well I didn't hate it like some others do. They weren't kidding when they said no one else would have the balls to air this. It was so out there and interesting to watch that I actually liked it. I hope Toonami does something like this again in the near future

which is why they need to air little witch academia

Tenumi

Banned
Well, that escalated quickly...

Movie nights are fun and all, but it'll be nice to get back to the normal schedule next week...

Seda

So yeah I guess I should state the obvious.

Don't link to illegal streaming sites, pirating sites, etc.

It hasn't really been a problem at all until that banning but figured I should mention it outright.

He'll be back.

Crocodile

What did he link to? (I'm allowed to ask that right?) Don't anyone link it to try to answer the question obviously, I'm just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom