• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

hmm about Openings/Endings.

I personally don't mind linking to those on YouTube. We even have threads sometimes about best openings in anime and such.

Fair warning though, I know a while ago, someone got banned on Gaming side for linking the majority of tracks from a video game OST, with a warning to avoid excessive linking of songs (this guy basically linked to every track from the OST). So I suppose similar for these.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
hmm about Openings/Endings.

I personally don't mind linking to those on YouTube.

Fair warning though, I know a while ago, someone got banned on Gaming side for linking the majority of tracks from a video game OST, with a warning to avoid excessive linking of songs (this guy basically linked to every track from the OST).

Yea that sounds like a bit much. There's linking to a song and then there's linking to the whole damn album.

Thanks for the warnings Seda. It's good to have a real bro as a mod.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So what was the general consensus on Kick Heart? I loved Kemonozume, so I was hoping that KH would turn out okay.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
it was quirky fun and so out there, there was a charm to it, you either liked it, or you turn into bass

It's pretty funny to me that a lot of the stuff that is put out on AS, like Kick Heart, is just DeMarco helping people he likes. Production I.G. worked on IGPX and so he helped them out by airing their little special. I guess it really is good to be the king.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's pretty funny to me that a lot of the stuff that is put out on AS, like Kick Heart, is just DeMarco helping people he likes. Production I.G. worked on IGPX and so he helped them out by airing their little special. I guess it really is good to be the king.

It is good to be the king, THE LICH KING

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So what was the general consensus on Kick Heart? I loved Kemonozume, so I was hoping that KH would turn out okay.
Perhaps one of the biggest "love it or hate it" responses I've seen. Only previous work I've seen by the guy was Mind Game, which I think was much more weird, but honestly, while I thought it was okay, I kind of feel underwhelmed. Maybe I just had higher expectations considering it was a kickstarter project. While I completely understand why someone wouldn't like it, it was still decent, especially the animation.

Who owns the license to Kick Heart in the States?
I'm looking on Google, but having no luck. It never got an official release outside of digital downloads and DVDs/Blu-Ray copies that people got for donating to the kickstarter.

yami4ct

Who owns the license to Kick Heart in the States?

Pretty sure that Production IG owns all the rights to kick heart. It was completely self-funded with the help of kick starter. I know the dub was a stretch goal, so the VA must have been payed for out of their KS budget.

alright...........and i'm still pretty confused as to the whole opening sequence. she was working for some folks with EVAs who contained an Angel, the Angel escaped, she piloted the EVA to go kill it, and then the EVA exploded as some sort of test for the self-destruct system. am i wrong about any of this lol

alright...........and i'm still pretty confused as to the whole opening sequence. she was working for some folks with EVAs who contained an Angel, the Angel escaped, she piloted the EVA to go kill it, and then the EVA exploded as some sort of test for the self-destruct system. am i wrong about any of this lol

Is that what that was all about? Huh.

Kainazzo

I wouldn't look forward to 3.0 if I was you guys.

If anything I'm as excited as ever. I've heard so much divided opinion on it, though most of all I just hear "it's different", which totally leaves me in the dark. And...something about a
time skip
? Weird, but I definitely want to see what's causing such a ruckus. I'm sure I'll find something to like so long as it's not Pocketful of Rainbows caliber.

What is it with Japan and eye patches?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Not just Japan.

SavnkHq.jpg

283882-85930-xander.jpg

i feel that adapting a TV show hasn't particularly done this movie any favors. i mean, i liked this movie, but between 1.11 and 2.22, both of them just feel disjointed. there's no overarching story. an Angel attacks, they fight it. an Angel attacks, they fight it. that's fine for TV, episode to episode, but in a movie i don't think it works very well since it creates some awkward pacing.

Seda

i feel that adapting a TV show hasn't particularly done this movie any favors. i mean, i liked this movie, but between 1.11 and 2.22, both of them just feel disjointed. there's no overarching story. an Angel attacks, they fight it. an Angel attacks, they fight it. that's fine for TV, episode to episode, but in a movie i don't think it works very well since it creates some awkward pacing.

Going to agree.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
If anything I'm as excited as ever. I've heard so much divided opinion on it, though most of all I just hear "it's different", which totally leaves me in the dark. And...something about a
time skip
? Weird, but I definitely want to see what's causing such a ruckus. I'm sure I'll find something to like so long as it's not Pocketful of Rainbows caliber.

Not just Japan.

SavnkHq.jpg

283882-85930-xander.jpg
eye patches are cool and sometimes even sexy
(asuka)
it lets people assume youve been through some shit and adds a layer of mysteriousness about the person

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Unlike 1.11, I think they made it work pretty well in 2.22. Shinji/Rei actually feels like a nice concise arc, with obviously a lot of open ended things for 3.0.

Finally caught back up on anime Attack on Titan, Toonami GAF is going to love this show next year. Also I say that not an in ironic way ala Sword Art Online

Is is a perma-ban?

Seda said he'd be back.
Hope it's not too long.

I was just kidding about the avatar thing but it looks like you got your wish 0.0 please tell me you like my avatar!
Let's hope he doesn't hate grappler.
Oh, I didn't know TOM reviewed the first Pikmin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s7PlVlqsn4

Sadly, no Pikmin 2 review.
Remember when 16 hours was considered short?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom