• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The question is, how many uncomfortably loli panty shots will we see?

no lolis in these episodes im afraid, it actually gets back to the more interesting parts of SAO, which is how people live and try survive and shit

i'm a little confused as to why the black guy's voice seemed so weird, because that was Patrick Seitz. his voice fits that type of character generally.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
DVR's last night since I was out. Was watching up till Sword Art Online and then... wut. I feel like I should delete this recording now lol. Are we sure this isn't an elaborate self parody?

foxuzamaki

just saw the clone wars OT thread which somehow managed to avoid community, apparently the show got cancelled at its peak, which means season 5 was its best season, i think by season 2 is starts to pick up as something to look out for

Ahh, that new Toonami thread smell....smells fillerish

I wonder if ckohler made similar spoiler banners for Brotherhood, Bebop and Inuyasha

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
How many good filler arcs can you think of off the top of your head?

Best? The original Fullmetal Alchemist has the best filler I've ever seen, like it actually had a legitimately good ending despite the fact that it ended years before the source material. The sequel movie was poo-poo though. Bleach's Bount Arc was decent.

Yeah, but for every decent filer arc you can think of there are 6 terrible ones. At best they're okay, at worst just boring.

Jintor

Last night's OP filler was okayyyyyyyy. Actually, no, it was better than okay, because I kind of want to see what comes next whereas normally i don't give two fucks

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I don't consider the end of FMA filler. Filler is stalling for time. FMA's ending was the end of the story.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Last night's OP filler was okayyyyyyyy. Actually, no, it was better than okay, because I kind of want to see what comes next whereas normally i don't give two fucks

That seems to be the best qualification you can give a filler arc.
Not if it's good, but if it's interesting.

It was nice filler, yes. I think as someone said last night (maybe you idr) something like this filler's plot depends entirely on the strength of the characters and their backstories. In this case those things are pretty strong.

Jintor

it's really pissing me off that hulu removed a good chunk of dubbed episodes from OP right from where I was watching.

I mean nevermind that I have to tunnel to the US to even watch their shitty ad-based experience in the first place, but jeeze.

foxuzamaki

Yea, I might prefer that ending to the actual true ending in brotherhood. It's certainly a lot more original.

Wish Soul Eater's anime unique ending was near as good =/

you know one of the other things OG FMA had for it was the top tier quality dubbed voiceacting, it was the best voiceacting done in america for anime since maybe yu yu hakasho/DBZ

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
it's really pissing me off that hulu removed a good chunk of dubbed episodes from OP right from where I was watching.

I mean nevermind that I have to tunnel to the US to even watch their shitty ad-based experience in the first place, but jeeze.

But they never remove the Sub versions so you still have access to the episode. And they'll eventually rotate back in the missing dub episodes.

You can still see the dubbed episodes online just not on hulu if that matters to you

I really hate how shady funimation can be with their shows.

They remove episodes all the time and their stuff on netflix is always missing huge chunks.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Funimation Elite
wAvFoG6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom