• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reasons why DBF sucked:

- Annoying announcer dude constantly screaming while riding his giant pidgy
- Zoro fucking up red-light, green-light thus rendering the whole rage inducing episode pointless
- Luffy choosing that stupid horse over his crew mate
- Slow slow beam BS working way more times than it should have

Reasons why DBF was tolerable:
- Afro Luffy

Afro_Luffy.png

funkaaay

Seda

I didn't really care too much for Davy Back Fight arc, but perhaps it was best to start there rather than fight at the beginning of Water Seven just to get people familiar with the characters and personalities. What do you guys think, would it have been better for Toonami to start at episode 229(?) instead?

Note I haven't seen Water Seven but I have inevitably been spoiled on a few things.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Davy Back Fight is better in the manga. Three of the four above points listed aren't a problem as there's no voice acting, no red light/green light game and Luffy picks Chopper after the second round.
It also goes right into the fight with
Aokiji
instead of delaying it with filler.

I didn't really care too much for Davy Back Fight arc, but perhaps it was best to start there rather than fight at the beginning of Water Seven just to get people familiar with the characters and personalities. What do you guys think, would it have been better for Toonami to start at episode 229(?) instead?

Note I haven't seen Water Seven but I have inevitably been spoiled on a few things.

It wouldn't be a good idea since one of the crew doesn't get a whole lot of screen time once that arc starts. Also, there's some canon stuff right before that which could be a bit confusing to start on right away.

One Piece Filler

G8 > Logue Town added scenes > Z's Ambition > Ace in Alabasta added scenes > Ocean's Dream > Apis > Ice Hunters > Post Alabasta Arc >Rainbow Mist > Return To Water 7 added scenes > Goat Island > All Foxy Filler > Little East Blue

The Davy Back fight or the filler post Alabasta arc are the only places the series could have started without people being completely lost.

Raxus

Starting at Water 7 would be going into the deep end of One Piece. Characters behaviors and actions would make no sense without the context the previous episodes provide. I would point out where this matters but it gets pretty spoilerific pretty fast in Water 7.

They could have started with this current "lost memories" filler arc that we're on but I'm not bent out of shape about them not doing so

Davy Back Fight is better in the manga. Three of the four above points listed aren't a problem as there's no voice acting, no red light/green light game and Luffy picks Chopper after the second round.
It also goes right into the fight with
Aokiji
instead of delaying it with filler.
Okay...but this is toonami where we watch the anime together, not read the manga. Therefore I think my criticisms are valid although "bad" One Piece filler is still generally watchable unlike Bleach.

They could have started with this current "lost memories" filler arc that we're on but I'm not bent out of shape about them not

Would have made the next arc really random
Foxy returns? Who's Foxy
at least later in the series when character show up again they basically recap who that character was and how the Strawhats know them. It's something they don't do
with the first foxy returns arc

Seda

Foxy returns? Who's Foxy
at least later in the series when character show up again they basically recap who that character was and how the Strawhats know them. It's something they don't do

Well, the first DBF episode had that Bellamy scene that made no sense to new Toonami viewers. But anyway, only a few more episodes of this filler lull and then look's like it's canon for quite awhile.

Well, the first DBF episode had that Bellamy scene that made no sense to new Toonami viewers. But anyway, only a few more episodes of this filler lull and then look's like it's canon for quite awhile.

Yeah that's a problem with pretty much any OP arc, thankfully the character that scene was meant to introduce Doflamingo won't play a major role again for another 300ish episodes

Foxy returns? Who's Foxy

You're right, I totally forgot about the Foxy returns arc. Thank goodness it only lasts a few episodes.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Hey guys, we're starting our Saturday Pre-Show WatchBlock. We had a test run last weekend and had quite a blast watching some dumb eyepatch girl do stupid shit. Anyway, that's not what we're watching. If you're interested in joining the watch please join the ToonamiGAF IRC channel or send me a PM on how to join. It starts 9:00 PM EDT and will run roughly until 11:30PM EDT. We hope you can make it.

9:00 - Valvrave the Liberator - 1 - Revolutionary Transfer Student
9:25 - JoJo's Bizzare Adventure - 1 - Dio the Invader
9:50 - Fate/Zero - 1 - The Summoning of Ancient Heroes
10:40 - Darker than Black - 1 - The Fallen Star of a Contract... (Part 1)
11:05 - Steins;Gate - 1 - Turning Point

Hey guys, we're starting our Saturday Pre-Show WatchBlock. We had a test run last weekend and had quite a blast watching some dumb eyepatch girl do stupid shit. Anyway, that's not what we're watching. If you're interested in joining the watch please join the ToonamiGAF IRC channel or send me a PM on how to join. It starts 9:00 PM EDT and will run roughly until 11:30PM EDT. We hope you can make it.

9:00 - Valvrave the Liberator - 1 - Revolutionary Transfer Student
9:25 - JoJo's Bizzare Adventure - 1 - Dio the Invader
9:50 - Fate/Zero - 1 - The Summoning of Ancient Heroes
10:40 - Darker than Black - 1 - The Fallen Star of a Contract... (Part 1)
11:05 - Steins;Gate - 1 - Turning Point
WHERE IS DBZ/POKEMON/OTHER THING PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS ASKING FOR!?!?
Will be there?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Oh god I thought it was happening now, i would have missed like half of it because I was too busy having fun with pandora's tower and tending to the game waifu (literally its basically waifu the game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom