• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm? The fights in season two aren't random at all. They all fit really well with story. Maybe you do need to watch it while awake.

Probably

Just as an example here's what I remember from last nights Big O episode

The police were rounding up foreigners, then Roger and Rosswater had dinner served by Alex where they talked about memories, Roger got mentally unstable due to something he said. Angel met with Dorothy and basically admitted defeat. Alex tried to power up the other megadues, a giant hydra appeared ordered by the crazy french lady, and Big O smashed it while Roger got shocked to fuck. That's like all I remember

Probably

Just as an example here's what I remember from last nights Big O episode

The police were rounding up foreigners, then Roger and Rosswater had dinner served by Alex where they talked about memories, Roger got mentally unstable due to something he said. Angel met with Dorothy and basically admitted defeat. Alex tried to power up the other megadues, a giant hydra appeared ordered by the crazy french lady, and Big O smashed it while Roger got shocked to fuck. That's like all I remember
All that makes perfect sense. The Union have spies all over the city, so they're rounding up people suspected of being part of the Union. Vera and the Union hate Rosewater and the Paradigm Corporation so she summoned the Hydra to try and stop the Big Fau from being powered up.

All that makes perfect sense. The Union have spies all over the city, so they're rounding up people suspected of being part of the Union. Vera and the Union hate Rosewater and the Paradigm Corporation so she summoned the Hydra to try and stop the Big Fau from being powered up.

Did we meet the Union? Was that the french people from 2 episodes ago? Apparently I need to watch this show awake lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Did we meet the Union? Was that the french people from 2 episodes ago? Apparently I need to watch this show awake lol

Angel works for the Union, it's been hinted at a lot but the french people were the most of them we've seen. Other than them sending the 3 robots at the end of season 1/beginning of season 2

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yes, the union are the frenchies/the random people who met at church.

They want the memories they think Paradigm City has.

Angel works for the Union, it's been hinted at a lot but the french people were the most of them we've seen. Other than them sending the 3 robots at the end of season 1/beginning of season 2

So are all foreigners members of the union? Or is paradigm just being racist?

Tamanon

Banned
So apparently my Web Design course instructor is a bit of an anime nerd. He's got a "Scavenger Hunt" extra credit thing to test our internet search skills without using Google(it's a very low level course). Some of the stuff we have to look for is "Who is Naruto Uzamaki's dad?" and "How many Espada are there in Bleach?"

And yeah, thanks foxuzamaki.

789shadow

Banned
So apparently my Web Design course instructor is a bit of an anime nerd. He's got a "Scavenger Hunt" extra credit thing to test our internet search skills without using Google(it's a very low level course). Some of the stuff we have to look for is "Who is Naruto Uzamaki's dad?" and "How many Espada are there in Bleach?"

That man is not an anime nerd.

lol Might as well have done "Who's that Pokemon?" questions.

He should have given extra credit if a student watched all of School Days TBH

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
He should have given extra credit if a student watched all of School Days TBH
& then playing the PC sequels.

....and not rage at Makoto.

Edit: Well this is completely awesome. I discovered last night, the Dish receiver itself is what wasn't working after a week of not having it in my room. My dad took it into town today & not only will they upgrade it to HD (HD Toonami!) for free, but he also got $10 a month knocked off his bill.

Edit: Well this is completely awesome. I discovered last night, the Dish receiver itself is what wasn't working after a week of not having it in my room. My dad took it into town today & not only will they upgrade it to HD (HD Toonami!) for free, but he also got $10 a month knocked off his bill.
Robin in HD. <3

I feel like Big O is something you have to see multiple times to fully understand the plot
Pretty much. Took me a while before I really understood it.

But she looks like a man... I mean, if that's what you're into... that's cool I guess...

TaApG.gif

LOLDSFAN

would it be in my interest to watch Fate/Stay Night before Fate/Zero?

I did.

It's not necessary per se, but you will have a greater understanding of what's going on in regards to the concepts discussed. I know a lot of people were confused the other night with all that info dump. Watching F/SN would have helped a little bit.

I did.

It's not necessary per se, but you will have a greater understanding of what's going on in regards to the concepts discussed. I know a lot of people were confused the other night with all that info dump. Watching F/SN would have helped a little bit.

Honestly the problem I had wasn't that the info was hard to understand there was just so damn much of it. It doesn't help that the episode starts on a very confusing scene of three dudes talking about some plan that we have no context for. Once we got past those first few scenes things cleared up nicely.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
He also has a better grasp of anatomy, you can't see tits and ass in the same shot.

Yes. As massive as the boobs he draws are, at least spines are normal.
The only weirdness comes from Devil Fruit users, and that makes sense.

Branduil

would it be in my interest to watch Fate/Stay Night before Fate/Zero?

You're far better off not watching it. Fate/Zero is good because of the writer, director, and production value, the universe itself is dumb harem pandercrap.

Honestly the problem I had wasn't that the info was hard to understand there was just so damn much of it. It doesn't help that the episode starts on a very confusing scene of three dudes talking about some plan that we have no context for. Once we got past those first few scenes things cleared up nicely.

ib1Iooqjmhks5j.gif

Raxus

You're far better off not watching it. Fate/Zero is good because of the writer, director, and production value, the universe itself is dumb harem pandercrap.

People die when they are killed.

I just finished MJP episodes 17-18.
Mother of god. I may have gripes about the series but these fights are hype hype hype.

Valvrave the Liberator
certainly watchable and entertaining, but there's really nothing terribly interesting here, not with the characters or the carbon copy of Gundam Seed's plot. once the giant robots come out it improves, though nothing really worth mentioning happens until the ending becomes totally bonkers

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
echoing the previous show, the events onscreen are really nothing to write home about. however, the way they're told, in this incredibly over-the-top and melodramatic fashion, is weirdly engaging. it's impossible to look away.

Fate/Zero
i'm inclined to disagree with anyone who wants this show on Toonami; the first episode is going to send people running for the hills. it's a nearly hour-long exposition dump that doesn't hold back in just bombarding the audience with detail after detail after detail, many of which just seem kind of irrelevant. it's talking for the sake of the characters talknig almost. some freaky and memorable scenes aside, the main thing that really saves this is just that the subject matter is pretty fascinating.

Darker Than Black
like Fate/Zero, the subject matter is what you're here to see and the first episode gives you quite a bit to take in. but unlike Fate/Zero, it doesn't just dump things at the audience's feet; the world-building is integrated into the story. and while the stoner-looking protagonist is a little bland at the moment, the story being told is a good one and leaves you wanting to see more.

Steins;Gate
the great dialogue runs the risk of seeming a bit too self-consciously clever, though this is mitigated by the characters just being absolute weirdos that say these things because they're a bit off balance, not out of trying to seem cool and just ending up looking pretentious. they're simply fun to watch, though i'm a little confused as to why the visuals are washed-out and oppressive-looking when the bulk of this episode is kinda silly. i wouldn't call the integration of the plot subtle, but it doesn't really create a kind of urgency to see what happens next. it's obvious something weird is going on, but i never felt like i absolutely HAD to know what it was.

Branduil

Steins;Gate
the great dialogue runs the risk of seeming a bit too self-consciously clever, though this is mitigated by the characters just being absolute weirdos that say these things because they're a bit off balance, not out of trying to seem cool and just ending up looking pretentious. they're simply fun to watch, though i'm a little confused as to why the visuals are washed-out and oppressive-looking when the bulk of this episode is kinda silly. i wouldn't call the integration of the plot subtle, but it doesn't really create a kind of urgency to see what happens next. it's obvious something weird is going on, but i never felt like i absolutely HAD to know what it was.

Because White Fox is a cheap animation studio.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Valvrave the Liberator
certainly watchable and entertaining, but there's really nothing terribly interesting here, not with the characters or the carbon copy of Gundam Seed's plot. once the giant robots come out it improves, though nothing really worth mentioning happens until the ending becomes totally bonkers

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
echoing the previous show, the events onscreen are really nothing to write home about. however, the way they're told, in this incredibly over-the-top and melodramatic fashion, is weirdly engaging. it's impossible to look away.

Fate/Zero
i'm inclined to disagree with anyone who wants this show on Toonami; the first episode is going to send people running for the hills. it's a nearly hour-long exposition dump that doesn't hold back in just bombarding the audience with detail after detail after detail, many of which just seem kind of irrelevant. it's talking for the sake of the characters talknig almost. some freaky and memorable scenes aside, the main thing that really saves this is just that the subject matter is pretty fascinating.

Darker Than Black
like Fate/Zero, the subject matter is what you're here to see and the first episode gives you quite a bit to take in. but unlike Fate/Zero, it doesn't just dump things at the audience's feet; the world-building is integrated into the story. and while the stoner-looking protagonist is a little bland at the moment, the story being told is a good one and leaves you wanting to see more.

Steins;Gate

Reading all these impressions makes me giddy for this week's watch.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Kinda wish I didnt see like 1/2 of the shows so I can experience it with some of you guys, I really do love darker than black and I really liked jojo and im awaiting the 2nd season with baited breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom