• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 10 Evil Actors

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Christopher Lee !!

christopher-lee-vampire2.jpg

SarumanLOTR.jpg

His voice alone is frighting !!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Patrick Bateman said:
Please explain.

When I was shooting the stabbing shot with Christopher, as a director would I was explaining to him what he should do when Wormtongue stabs him in the back — like sort of the air’s escaping out of you. And he says, “Peter, have you ever heard the sound a man makes when he’s stabbed in the back?” And I said, “Um, no.” And he says “Well, I have, and I know what to do.” And of course when you question him for more information, you find out at he’s still under the Official Secrets Act, ‘cuz he was a commando in World War Two, and there were things happening with Christopher that he’s never talked about and he’s not allowed to talk about. He knew the sound of the air escaping and the groan, the type of groan emitted. And that’s what you’re actually getting in the film [Extended Edition] the authentic recreation.
- Peter Jackson, from DVD commentary

There you go

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Not a bad list, but it could use some more Kurtwood Smith and Christopher Lee. *edit* and hell yes, Jack Nicholson!

2itlxk8.jpg
25q3jme.jpg
24gty4i.jpg
wsr3o4.jpg

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
FabCam said:
I would give this guy a shout:

ben_linus.jpg

While not technically fully evil, he plays his character so damn well. One of the best TV actors of the time IMO.

He's from Lost so he's automatically disqualified.

Jack Nicholson would have been a good pick for 'The Shining', 'The Departed' and 'Batman' :)lol ).

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
004HPA_Alan_Rickman_009.jpg

PS: The adult actors soo make the HP movies. People like Rickman, Oldman, Carter, Thewlis etc... do a bang up job as the series progresses movie wise.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
No Tim Roth?

He was a truly evil bastard in Rob Roy.

tmarques

LQX said:
I finally remembered his name but this bastard will be the the all time number 1 evil actor. I seriously thought this guy was evil in real life.

Cagney was a gentleman with a terrific sense of humour. He's remembered for his gangster roles, but he also did a fair share of comedies and musicals - great dancer, by the way.

George Raft, who insisted on playing the nice guys, was a huge asshole in real life.

I guess it's as Bette Davis once said: "Why am I so good at playing bitches? Probably because I'm a lady. Which explains why miss Crawford always plays ladies."

tmarques said:
Cagney was a gentleman with a terrific sense of humour. He's remembered for his gangster roles, but he also did a fair share of comedies and musicals - great dancer, by the way.

George Raft, who insisted on playing the nice guys, was a huge asshole in real life.

I guess it's as Bette Davis once said: "Why am I so good at playing bitches? Probably because I'm a lady. Which explains why miss Crawford always plays ladies."

:lol Yes, the desire to forever play the good guy hints at some measure of vanity and insecurity.

tmarques said:

Compensation.

tmarques said:

Wow, they have a feud or something?
Nice backhand, though.

not really feeling that list... snape?... wtf?

Gary Oldman, sure:

people tend to forget his role in True Romance. short but bad-ass.
gary_oldman.jpg

Nickelson:

come on... The Shining.. djeezus..

De Niro: Cape fear

Malcolm McDowell: A Clockwork Orange, Caligula...

Pesci: Good Fellas

damn, got to go.. but i know many more..

Lamel

Banned
Vilix said:
inglourious_basterds-still-3.jpg

Christopher Waltz' protrail as the SS officer in Inglourious Bastards was so deliciously evil. The Devil incarnent. Him and Michael Emerson who plays Ben Linus on ABC's Lost are very good at their craft of playing the bad guy.

He did an amazing job in IB. Agreed.

C4Lukins

SketchTheArtist said:
Is that a promotional pic?

''Stay back! or the hat gets it!''

I like to believe that he always carries a golden gun and Odd Jobs hat around just in case shit goes down.

They should have mentioned Rickman's Prince of Thieves performance also. Probably my favorite over the top villain.

While I consider Waltz in IB to be the best villain of last decade, he's only been fantastic in one role thus far; let's not give him credit as an all-time great until he's proven himself in other roles.

harSon

Banned
Snowman Prophet of Doom said:
While I consider Waltz in IB to be the best villain of last decade, he's only been fantastic in one role thus far; let's not give him credit as an all-time great until he's proven himself in other roles.

Oh god.

David Warner
DAVID WARNER
DAVID WARNER

If anyone belongs on a top-ten of evil actors, its this man. His absence voids the list, despite some good entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom