• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 10 Evil Actors

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Some of the names on the list well deserved. But other I just don't get. I mean, they put an actor like Joe Patoliano on their list. But, not Boris Karloff? Really?

mantidor

Komlu said:
Gary Oldman should be WAY higher in that list.

Way, way up, I was expecting a top ten full with Gary Oldman roles.

And no mention of Zorg from the fifth element in the thread dissapoints me.

tafer

Cindres said:
imgChristopher%20Walken2.jpg

Seriously, no Walken? And no Walken on the first page?

EDIT: Wait, i'm the first to mention this? Damn.

Also, Christopher Lee, definitely the biggest omission.

I'm as surprised as you.

Shame on you GAF.

harSon said:
Snowman Prophet of Doom said:
The Matrix was 1999./QUOTE]

You said best villain of the last decade, which includes 1999 until 2011 hits. Agent Smith (from the original Matrix) would probably be my top villain of the last 10 years, Lil Ze in City of God is a close runner up.

Um... last decade = 2000-2009 = ten years. 1999 was more than ten years ago.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
:lol@ all the people getting evil characters and evil actors mixed up.

All in all the list is actually really decent. There are obviously some guys I would like to add to the list, but I don't see anyone who doesn't belong on there.

Dabanton

professor_t said:
This thread is about 30% good suggestions, and 70% people who don't even understand the parameters of the list. Bravo.

Pretty much.

People are posting one offs or TV actors. The people in the list have at least 3-4 evil roles up their sleeve.

Yes some good actors (Hopper, Dafoe,walken) are missing but hey make your own lists if you care so much. The top ten is fine with some very good actors who play first class villians.

mandiller said:
Ralph Fiennes.jpg

I know he's already been quoted as Voldemort, but he needs more exposure. Great evil actor.

Totally agreed. He's one of the best things about the HP movies and I'm surprised his role in Schindler's List alone didn't warrant him a place in the list. On top of that he was great in In Bruges and did a good job in Red Dragon. I'm fairly certain he's playing Hades in the upcoming Clash of the Titans remake as well.

Edit: Whoops, just noticed he's been mentioned multiple times before.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Patrick Bateman said:
Schreck.jpg

Max Schreck in Nosferatu.

Max_schreck.jpg

He was so good in his role that people thought even after his death in 1936 that he was a real vampire.

The only real answer is this.

Sealda said:

He looked and acted so accurately as Amon Göth that many of the Jewish Holocaust survivors that Spielberg had invited on set couldn't even look at him.

Leckan

Is the reason of so many British actors playing evil guys in movies so sort of old colonial stigma or something? It's quite odd from a non-American perspective. Pretty funny though since it has become a cliche.

Suprised by the Lack of Daniel Day Lewis.

I also thought Hugo Weaving was excellent as Agent Smith in the Matrix but hey what do I know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom