• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Barque Smokehouse
299 Roncesvalles Avenue, Toronto, ON M6R 2M3

Service
- Server was friendly enough but this place is pretty popular so it was very chaotic. Waiter greeted us and asked us to wait for host. Host wasn't sure if reservations were coming or not and wasn't sure if people done their food were leaving. The guy at the bar taking out order had a bit of difficulty speaking and understanding English as well. I also want to add that their hours are inconvenient as fuck and it's often hard to get reservations on the weekend due to the popularity and size of the place.

Drinks
I ordered a Caesar and also a cider with white wine and my wife had this smokey lemonade concoction. We were pretty disappointed with both the portion, the taste, and the cost. My Caesar had candied smoked bacon but it was around the edges instead of one piece like I was expecting.

Food
Thankfully, the food here shines and made up for a lot of the misgivings. I had the brisket sandwich and my wife had the eggs barque, which also had brisket in it, and we also had a side of ribs. The brisket sandwich was freakin awesome! It had a satisfying crunch to it from the coleslaw, onions, and toasted bun, and the meat was appropriately smokey and very tasty. It was also perfect for me in terms of size and I didn't have to struggle to take bites unlike some burgers I've had before. My wife's egg dish was pretty good as well. They were tasty and nice and gooey on the inside and the home fries had a hint of cinnamon on them as well. The ribs were not fall of the bone super tender, but they were quite flavourful and I didn't use the sauces they had provided because I felt they didn't need any.

Overall
All that above cost about 80 dollars but would've been significantly less had we (well...*I*...) ordered drinks. I think it would've been better had we gone for dinner instead of brunch, but at I was able to finally try this place out at least.
Gt2Mb2a.jpg

P1I5CfL.jpg

SPeMQ7N.jpg

Qdz09Ap.jpg

krae_man

My local LCBO ran out of Soju a couple weeks ago. All signs pointed to it being discontinued. But today they had a new brand stocked. Oh happy days.

Pizza Pizza doesn't count. It's like counting McDonald's as a burger place.

Husband doesn't like Pizza Hut for some reason, and their website is a disaster, so we usually order from Panago now.

I've always wanted to try Panago. I remember a while back when Gino's Pizza was still called The Wing Machine or whatever. They had $2.50 student specials for the elementary and high school students in the area. Pizza was the fucking greasiest. So much it would actually moist and seep through the paper plates. But it tasted so fucking good. They changed owners and now it just isn't the same.

Why you bringing up all that fancy restaurant food, Kuro? We're all about the cheap, greasy pizza now.

You're on watch, added_time.

Blackhead

Redarse
Sucks. We literally only order when they have this promo, but our guy is reliable. It is close enough I should probably just order for pickup though and avoid delivery charge + tip.

The one time I ordered from Domino's this happened to me.

Between Pizza Hut, Pizza Pizza, and Gino's Pizza... Yeah not sure if I like the nearest choices. But if I do want pizza, I just go to the damn stores themselves. Only 5-10 minute walk anyway. Don't wanna deal with that tip non-sense.

I can't enjoy any of those after trying Pizza Liberreto. I'd make the trip every week there if I could

Roto13

Might lights flickered a little while ago too. Hmm. We've never lost power as long as I've lived here. (Five years.)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah my lights were flickering super bad a few minutes ago. A guy on reddit said he saw a bright flash to the West.

Well shit. Apparently it's Ontario wide.

I did hear a lot of sirens the past few hours and my microwave did reset and the lights did flicker and my game almost reset. Man I hope FF: Type 0 gets better...otherwise the 0 May be for 0 fun.

Might lights flickered a little while ago too. Hmm. We've never lost power as long as I've lived here. (Five years.)
So that's about as long as you've been inside?

Where is this? I'm moving.

Richmond Hill feels like Zimbabwe with the electricity. No flickering this time though. ^_^

No one is going to die. I didn't even wear a coat today let alone a jacket. This weather is revolutionary.

Got some in Mississauga. Are we all going to die?

I always say I need to live until I play FFXV and confirm that it is, in fact, a real video game.

I'm getting Type 0 and the FFXV demo tomorrow. Welp.

No one is going to die. I didn't even wear a coat today let alone a jacket. This weather is revolutionary.

My solution in anything above 0 is to wear a short sleeve under a super warm sweater. And everything is fine. This has worked for me since elementary school and I also rarely ever get sick

ahdurian

it legit sucks to have a fever
been taking tylenol since Sunday morning, as well as drinking a lot of fluids, soup and juices
fever still hasn't gone down

i'm blaming you #TeamWarm

Husband doesn't like Pizza Hut for some reason, and their website is a disaster, so we usually order from Panago now.

It's just as well, Panago is a step up from those other chains.

I can't enjoy any of those after trying Pizza Liberreto. I'd make the trip every week there if I could

I'll vouch for this. Haven't been there in a while but loved every trip I've made.

And I didn't notice that they have a location on University now, might have to go check that one out soon.

Sober

Actually I just realized April 10th isn't good for me, I have a thing on the 11th. 17th is better for me now.

Eleuin

Power went out 5 minutes before I got home and has been going on (for 15 seconds) and off for the past hour :/

Power was fine at the closest intersection too smh

Blackhead

Redarse
It took me 50 minutes to get from Yonge to Dufferin. It was literally faster to do the full loop on the subway lol

Can't wait 'till that LRT is done though.

one of the better tips from that ttcrider site lol:
anon said:
If you are going from a station on the Yonge line to a station on the Spadina line (or vice versa), it's often faster to take the subway down to the Bloor line and back up than to take the bus over to the other subway line. For example, when going from Eglinton to Yorkdale, it's slightly faster to go down to Bloor, take the Bloor line over to St. George, then take the Spadina line up to Yorkdale, than it is to take the bus over to Eglinton West and the subway up to Yorkdale.
I disagree about "vice versa" though; going west on eglinton is slow as snails but the road east is comparatively empty from dufferin to yonge.

mr.rager

Amazon shipping is so fucked lol My gf ordered something from them and they send it to Vancouver first then back to Mississauga... and my gf lives 5-10 minutes away from their warehouse in Mississauga.

Mupod

I got up early this morning to put together a huge ass thing of chili in my slow cooker. Now I'm sitting here and all I can think about is chili (and monster hunter)

Fucking hate commuting on eglinton.

the 300m I have to spend on eglinton for my drive to work often ends up taking 90% of my trip time. It's incredible how a 45 second green light can result in traffic moving 6 car lengths forward.

krae_man

Taking a OHSA course right now. Some of these questions man. "Which of these is dangerous?" *list of 5 clearly dangerous things*

Toronto-GAF, I don't know if this is the appropriate place to put this, and please point me to the right direction if it isn't, but I am desperate... Does anyone live anywhere near either of these Chapters stores?

Bayview Village
2901 Bayview Avenue, #132
Toronto, Ontario
(416) 222-6323

or

Woodbridge
East Woodbridge Centre, 3900 Hwy 7 West, Unit 1
Woodbridge, Ontario
(905) 264-6401

These are the only stores I can find in basically all of Canada that have a book I need that would cost me $40 instead of $200. Someone would be rewarded handsomely!

Top Bottom