• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

krae_man

Toronto PlayStation E3 experience people: change the URL PlayStation.com/e3voucher redirects to manually to en-ca.

Sony done goofed and didn't make the redirect up address based.

ahdurian

I wish they gave t-shirts this year :/ he'll I didn't even mind getting the XLs last year but I'd rather have that then some digital rewards I don't wNt/want use

Quadratic

I always wanted to go to Medieval Times ever since I watched The Cable Guy when I was a kid

A friend of mine used to work as a wench. Besides the smells of horse poop. It's actually a pretty entertaining evening (when drunk). Alcohol is not included in the price of the ticket sadly.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Holy shit at the proposed police changes.

Highlights from the officers' notes, obtained by CBC News, include:

No promotions or new hires for three years.

Getting officers to move away from mobile work stations and towards utilizing smartphones.

Disbanding the Toronto Anti-Violence Intervention Strategy (TAVIS) by the end of this summer.

Ending transit patrols, leaving the work to TTC special constables.

Using crime data to determine where officers are needed most.

Closing the 12, 13, 33, 53, and 41 Division stations in 2018. Meanwhile, 54 Division is set to amalgamate with 55 Division in 2017. Divisional boundaries will also be reworked.

No longer attending bylaw calls made to 3-1-1.

Overhauling the paid-duty officer program.

Handing over to the city school crossing guard, life guard and parking enforcement programs.

The authorized strength of the police force will drop from 5,100 to 4,750 by 2016, a reduction mainly driven by attrition.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-police-changes-1.3636633

dluu13

Got my letter today informing me I had 30 days to get a new photo health card.

End of an era. RIP ol' red & white. ;_;7

Why does there seem to be so much resistance against getting the new health card? I would think it's good to have an extra piece of photo ID. The BC one would be issued along with drivers licenses and I got mine as soon as my driver's license is about to expire. It came in handy once. One time a waitress at a bar didn't believe my BC driver's license was real, and asked for my passport (wtf). I just gave her my health card.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Why does there seem to be so much resistance against getting the new health card? I would think it's good to have an extra piece of photo ID. The BC one would be issued along with drivers licenses and I got mine as soon as my driver's license is about to expire. It came in handy once. One time a waitress at a bar didn't believe my BC driver's license was real, and asked for my passport (wtf). I just gave her my health card.

Because you have to renew the new ones.

Omlagus

The renewal thing definitely sucks. It's probably also because of the feeling of being forced to give up something I've had for 30+ years of my life, as ridiculous as that sounds.

I get the reason to move to them across the board. Just oddly feel like I'm losing part of my identity which makes zero sense. Lol.

Fuzzy

I still have the red & white. I'm not looking forward to the letter to get the new one and having to renew it. I didn't even go into the MTO office to renew my license last year and just did it online. It's funny when people see my picture with my shaved head and my Movember 'stache then squint looking at me to see if it's really me. :lol

dluu13

The renewal thing definitely sucks. It's probably also because of the feeling of being forced to give up something I've had for 30+ years of my life, as ridiculous as that sounds.

I get the reason to move to them across the board. Just oddly feel like I'm losing part of my identity which makes zero sense. Lol.

Heh, funny thing is I got my care card and driver's license renewed right before I moved here to Toronto in Sept 2014. I'm planning to stay here for good, but I haven't switched over any of my ID's yet. I now have until 2019 to take care of all of that unless I feel like driving over here.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Only government places accept the health card as photo ID. No other place will.

Which makes no sense. Why can't I use my health card as ID? It's basically the same as a driver license now anyway

There is a big concern regarding health care fraud using our health card information. When I worked at Blockbuster people would complain all the time that we wouldn't take it as a form of identification. Some people started to take it and we eventually received a letter from the government telling us to stop. I am not even sure how the hell they found out. I guess they check for this sort of thing.

I don't drive so i just use my passport. There is a general identification card that I think exists as well.

dluu13

Only government places accept the health card as photo ID. No other place will.

Oh, well that's weird. She denied my driver's license, but accepted my health card. Even then, I felt like she gave me a stink eye. It just made me felt really annoyed. Who goes around faking a BC driver's license to drink on Ontario?

I don't drive so i just use my passport. There is a general identification card that I think exists as well.

I wouldn't have a problem using my passport as ID if it would just fit inside my wallet...

Oh, well that's weird. She denied my driver's license, but accepted my health card. Even then, I felt like she gave me a stink eye. It just made me felt really annoyed. Who goes around faking a BC driver's license to drink on Ontario?

I wouldn't have a problem using my passport as ID if it would just fit inside my wallet...

https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-photo-card

Just get one of those. That's what they are for.

ontario_photo_card_300x200_en.jpg

I should pony up the $35 and stop carrying my passport everywhere. Also, this would have my address.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Dem Generic Asian Guy Genes!

dluu13

https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-photo-card

Just get one of those. That's what they are for.

ontario_photo_card_300x200_en.jpg

Thanks. I'll go get one if I have any more problems. By that point though I'd probably just switch over my drivers license anyway. That incident I described was actually the first time I've had problems with a BC driver's license since two years of living here. Every other time, people look at it for longer and say something like "oh cool you're from BC".

Dem Generic Asian Guy Genes!
Yeah, that time I went drinking with my lab mates. You've seen pictures before hahaha.
Whenever I go drinking with my roommate I don't even get asked.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Got my letter today informing me I had 30 days to get a new photo health card.

End of an era. RIP ol' red & white. ;_;7

I'm sorry for your loss.

It's just annoying that I have to renew it. Plus now I have to show it every time at the my drs. I only had to show my red and white card once then they never bothered to ask to see it.

Yes, I realize it's silly.

Quick

Banned
I have to check over ID at work sometimes, and I can only accept a driver's license, passport, or permanent resident card as valid ID.

I'd just tell you all to fuck off if you show me your citizenship cards or red and white health cards. :p

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I have to check over ID at work sometimes, and I can only accept a driver's license, passport, or permanent resident card as valid ID.

I'd just tell you all to fuck off if you show me your citizenship cards or red and white health cards. :p
PR card but bit citizenship card...?

What if I had a good ol Ontaria boi card issued from Mimico?

Fuzzy

Bought something on Amazon.com, any of you want this?

The Amazon Video Games Team thanks you for your purchase. As part of the "Final Fantasy XIV Summer DLC Promo," when you spend $19.99 in the Video Games category on Amazon, you are entitled to a promotional code that will grant you six exclusive in-game items for Final Fantazy XIV!

To redeem your code, visit https://www.ffxivredeem.com/amazon and enter your promotional code to receive your exclusive FINAL FANTASY XIV item code!

Once you’ve redeemed your code, you’ll be shown six in-game item codes that you can use on the Mog Station on the Square Enix account of your choice.

Citizenship cards are no good. The government stopped issuing them. Also, even when they were valid, my boss explicitly instructed us to refuse them as proof of age without a second piece of ID. We saw fakes all the time because of how easy they were to forge (and there was literally a place down the street from us that made them).

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well. Finally rage quit in Overwatch. Hollywood attack started off extremely well with no trouble capping first.

Pushing the cart and I'm Rein and a Torb built a sentry on the cart and I'm protecting it and we get to the next point no problem. After that it was an utter clusterfuck. It's like everyone forgot how to play the game and they kept murdering us extremely easily. No coordination. Idiot Torb was going around doing nothing offensive characters died without doing any damage I blocked a bunch but couldn't attack and kept dying. Mercy was dying or couldn't heal me fast enough. There was only a few seconds left but I still decided to eat the penalty and just left them. Not even one kill from my team at the end.

dluu13

Well. Finally rage quit in Overwatch. Hollywood attack started off extremely well with no trouble capping first.

Pushing the cart and I'm Rein and a Torb built a sentry on the cart and I'm protecting it and we get to the next point no problem. After that it was an utter clusterfuck. It's like everyone forgot how to play the game and they kept murdering us extremely easily. No coordination. Idiot Torb was going around doing nothing offensive characters died without doing any damage I blocked a bunch but couldn't attack and kept dying. Mercy was dying or couldn't heal me fast enough. There was only a few seconds left but I still decided to eat the penalty and just left them. Not even one kill from my team at the end.

I just played a game with one Lucio and 5 Reinhardts. Lucio just speed boosted us and we ran up on the points with our shields up. I'm surprised we lived.

Also played a game with 4 mercys and 2 pharrahs. That was on Route 66 and we actually got to the first checkpoint.

Quick

Banned

What if I had a good ol Ontaria boi card issued from Mimico?

If you tell me you're from Mimico, I better see proof of this.

Citizenship cards are no good. The government stopped issuing them. Also, even when they were valid, my boss explicitly instructed us to refuse them as proof of age without a second piece of ID. We saw fakes all the time because of how easy they were to forge (and there was literally a place down the street from us that made them).

Yep. It's so easy to make a fake (it's a piece of laminated paper) and for my job, we need something specifically with an expiry date anyway.

I had someone show me their citizenship card, and the name on the front is different from the name on the back. Not sure if it was a fake, a mistake that wasn't corrected, or if the person had two different names.

dluu13

I had someone show me their citizenship card, and the name on the front is different from the name on the back. Not sure if it was a fake, a mistake that wasn't corrected, or if the person had two different names.

Heh, somebody I knew had their name on the driver's license wrong in the system (BC) and the insurance company somehow knew so they wouldn't issue it to her until they got proof of her correct name to correct in the system. They would not take her passport as proof of her correct name, but they forced her to go all the way home to get her citizenship card.

Things are weird...

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I just played a game with one Lucio and 5 Reinhardts. Lucio just speed boosted us and we ran up on the points with our shields up. I'm surprised we lived.

Also played a game with 4 mercys and 2 pharrahs. That was on Route 66 and we actually got to the first checkpoint.

I played a game against all Junkrats. That was annoying, but we won.

I played a game against all Junkrats. That was annoying, but we won.

My team once consisted of me as Bastion and everyone else as Symmetra on Vostaya Industries (or however you spell it) on defense. We won, and didn't even go to the second stage of the map. It was pretty awesome. and the salt? boy, did it flow.

We didn't even expect to hold the first stage past the first minute, let alone the entire match. Great time indeed.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If you tell me you're from Mimico, I better see proof of this.
Lol I think my parents lived in the east end somewhere since my mother claims I was born at East York General.

My team once consisted of me as Bastion and everyone else as Symmetra on Vostaya Industries (or however you spell it) on defense. We won, and didn't even go to the second stage of the map. It was pretty awesome. and the salt? boy, did it flow.

We didn't even expect to hold the first stage past the first minute, let alone the entire match. Great time indeed.
That should've easily been counter by Winstons and a healer, but the people playing are really brain dead.

Definitely a Friday today. Light turns green so I start walking and some bitch in a Lexus tries to make a left and nearly hits me but stops at the intersection and she has the nerve to yell at me in her fucking car. I just pointing to the fucking walking man.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just went through the stage of my convocation ceremony. I'm all educated and shit. First in my immediate family too.

hqdefault.jpg

Congrats!

I wanted to skip mine but I got a story out of it, so I'm glad I went.

It was a summer convocation, but I needed that piece of fucking paper so that I could go to Korea to teach English, and they said the earliest I could get it is if I went. Coincidentally, the girl I was dating at the time also had the same convocation date so we'd be graduating together and her family would be there.

We're ushered into a room to check for names to send us to specific rooms and she goes first. Her name is there and she's just waiting to go with me. I give my name and the clerk says she can't find it. I panicked a bit since I'd heard stories where they won't allow you to graduate if you even have a few dollars in late fees.

The clerk keep checking, the line keeps getting longer, my ex is laughing at me, and I'm getting worried. Finally, the clerk asks me what my GPA was and I tell her; she has an "aha" moment and pulls out another list. "You graduated with distinction, so you go to another room and get your diploma earlier". I have this huge grin on my face and anytime my ex brought anything up, I'd always counter with distinction.

"You don't have your driver's licence"
"When I do get it, I'll get it with distinction"

"Do you want some tea?"
"Can I get two cubes of distinction with it?"

"Where do you want to go eat?"
"I dunno...some place with distinction"

It's just too bad it was for English and East Asian Studies... :'(

I actually never bothered going to my convocation. Although I was already working at the time so I didn't feel it was worth wasting a vacation day on lol

On another note, there's a severe shortage of good coffee shops in North York.

dluu13

Congratulations chao!

I went to my convocation. It was largely uneventful.
I will hopefully be undergoing my second in a few months.

As for late fees, I know somebody had $0.02 in late fees and he got a funny email from the school telling him that they would try to see if there is any way to waive the two cents so he could graduate.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I actually never bothered going to my convocation. Although I was already working at the time so I didn't feel it was worth wasting a vacation day on lol

On another note, there's a severe shortage of good coffee shops in North York.
I'm telling ya, you'll be complaining once you have nothing BUT hipster coffee shops.

Turkish coffee place
Runner's coffee place
Tim Horton's
Starbucks
Apple turnover coffee place
Bakery coffee place
McDonald's
And a TON more without a theme but are just there.

Top Bottom