• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

dluu13

I'm telling ya, you'll be complaining once you have nothing BUT hipster coffee shops.

Turkish coffee place
Runner's coffee place
Tim Horton's
Starbucks
Apple turnover coffee place
Bakery coffee place
McDonald's
And a TON more without a theme but are just there.

Mint's from Vancouver. There are already nothing but hipster coffee shops.

jstripes

Banned
So, the Scarborough subway extension is officially going to cost $3 billion instead of $2 billion.

Who didn't see that coming.

Tory and co are still digging in their heels on it.

zroid

Banned
I used to hate on the wannabe hipsterness of Panera Bread, but that's before they started giving me free coffee (in April) and bagels (in June) every day for a month

Renewed

Congrats on your convocation chao!

Y'all talking about coffee places... shit I just love having water. A smoothie or whatever else would be heaven.

So, uh, I think I need a new job but I hate the idea of actually looking for one, especially in my field (programming/web development). So many job postings with bullshit requirements, the idiotic interview tests, dealing with project managers... ugh, the thought of it all just depresses me. Probably stupid to ask, but does anyone have any leads or good places to look (beyond the obvious) or anything like that?

Lol I think my parents lived in the east end somewhere since my mother claims I was born at East York General.

That should've easily been counter by Winstons and a healer, but the people playing are really brain dead.

Definitely a Friday today. Light turns green so I start walking and some bitch in a Lexus tries to make a left and nearly hits me but stops at the intersection and she has the nerve to yell at me in her fucking car. I just pointing to the fucking walking man.

They did counter with various combinations, including multiple Winstons and mercy's/lucios in various mixes, but things just clicked during that match for whatever reason. Wish I recorded it.

My convocation is on Monday. I'm not looking forward to it. It's at 10 am and I need to get there 2 hours beforehand. so I gotta wake up EARLY to catch the bus. I also gotta find out information on where my family needs to drive to/park, etc.

yyzjohn

Banned
Beauty weekend coming up for team warm to celebrate. I'll be at my cousin's pool on Sunday for fathers day celebrations. Gonna be sweet!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So, uh, I think I need a new job but I hate the idea of actually looking for one, especially in my field (programming/web development). So many job postings with bullshit requirements, the idiotic interview tests, dealing with project managers... ugh, the thought of it all just depresses me. Probably stupid to ask, but does anyone have any leads or good places to look (beyond the obvious) or anything like that?
....programmers/web devs should have people coming to them. Hell, I'd rather be in your situation than mine.

You people are in high demand right now, so I say toss your CV on LinkedIn and leave it there. If you want to be more active, there are job fairs and ones specific for IT. Otherwise, networking is the fastest path because companies are always looking for experienced people in web development and it should've be hard if you want to go on contract too.

zroid

Banned
Lat year our electric bill in the summer was kind of obscene, so we're trying to use the A/C more sparingly this summer

it's hard :(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I actually took the day off so I'm in a t shirt. I must be getting old.
Go sit on the patio somewhere and enjoy a cold one. As nice a day for patio chilling as any.

Lat year our electric bill in the summer was kind of obscene, so we're trying to use the A/C more sparingly this summer

it's hard :(
Maybe get a smaller AC just for one room if its variable?

Congrats Chao!

I'm gonna die tonight at work.
I'll drop the beat as Lucio in your memory.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yo wait, you got a job?
Dropping beats!

My room is quite warm today. I forgot to close my blinds.
Sunny AND warm. Perfect Overwatch raging conditions.

Fuck this weather

Also 3billion for the Scarborough subway, I really hate this city
PRAISE THE SUN!! >=

Also it's Ribfest at Woodbine park. I'm going tomorrow so maybe I'll see you guys there. If I see Kraftwerk, I'll also make him choke on a rib ^_^

dluu13

Dropping beats!

Sunny AND warm. Perfect Overwatch raging conditions.

PRAISE THE SUN!! >=

Also it's Ribfest at Woodbine park. I'm going tomorrow so maybe I'll see you guys there. If I see Kraftwerk, I'll also make him choke on a rib ^_^

Aw man maybe I'll go to ribfest. I'll give you a PM if I decide to go.
Sunny is nice and all, but it puts glare on my monitor so I can't see anything. I just opened the blinds back up. At least the sunset is nice.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Aw man maybe I'll go to ribfest. I'll give you a PM if I decide to go.
Sunny is nice and all, but it puts glare on my monitor so I can't see anything. I just opened the blinds back up. At least the sunset is nice.
PRAISE THE SUN!

Despite living in Leslieville, I've actually never gone before. I've only been to the one in Mississauga. Food was good if a bit over sauced for my liking. Some unique drinks there too.

Unless you want diabetes, I'd recommend avoiding the butter beer...
http://beachbbqandbrews.com/

Kraftwerk

Was hanging out in trinity Bellwoods with friends, and we heard a commotion. A branch fell on someone's head from what we heard.

Long story short someone died. The screams from his friends were just somthing else. Cuts into your soul.

dluu13

PRAISE THE SUN!

Despite living in Leslieville, I've actually never gone before. I've only been to the one in Mississauga. Food was good if a bit over sauced for my liking. Some unique drinks there too.

Unless you want diabetes, I'd recommend avoiding the butter beer...
http://beachbbqandbrews.com/

I went to the one in Guelph last year with a friend who lives out there. I did not actually try the butterbeer. The mug was something that I thought was too expensive.

I also did not see the hand wash station so I washed my hands in the Jacuzzi displays...
shame

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Was hanging out in trinity Bellwoods with friends, and we heard a commotion. A branch fell on someone's head from what we heard.

Long story short someone died. The screams from his friends were just somthing else. Cuts into your soul.

Goddamn, what are the odds...

I've been there a bunch of times too; it's hard to even imagine.

Mupod

stuck at work this morning. Not working very hard though, and it's only 4 hours.

We finally have the pool filled and ready to go. It's amazing how good it looks considering it was completely dilapidated when we moved in.

We thought we were done last weekend, then when we turned on the pump we discovered that the pipes had at some point frozen and broken resulting in a ton of dirt and gravel getting pumped in. Wasn't that bad to vacuum it out, between a weekend of hard work and the robot going at it the pool is nice and clean now. All the time spent will be worth it today for sure.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ahhh. Nothing like a nice warm day and Ribfest with a cold few.

Weather isn't crazy humid and there's a cool breeze right now too. Seating is available, line ups small, ribs juicy and tender, and alcohol nice and cold.

Days like this make life not so bad sometimes.

dluu13

Ahhh. Nothing like a nice warm day and Ribfest with a cold few.

Weather isn't crazy humid and there's a cool breeze right now too. Seating is available, line ups small, ribs juicy and tender, and alcohol nice and cold.

Days like this make life not so bad sometimes.

I was wanting to go... nobody else wanted to go.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm getting ready to leave for my brother's house to have BBQ ribs. Like always, we're doing FD on Saturday instead of Sunday. Who thought it was a good idea to make these holidays on a Sunday? Fuck that.

dluu13

Go yourself. Totally worth it. Just don't overbuy the drink tickets like I did. What the Fack am I doing with 4 drink tickets?! 0_o

Yeah, they said no for today, and maybe for tomorrow. I'll consider going myself tomorrow if they say no.

I'll probably pass on drinks though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, they said no for today, and maybe for tomorrow. I'll consider going myself tomorrow if they say no.

I'll probably pass on drinks though.
It's ipen pretty late today too if they change their minds. Might be better in the early evening when it's cooler and crowds are even sparser though mosquitoes may be out.

I'm going to go see Prozzak at Danforth tonight. On one hand, I'm excited because it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I love them as a band, but on the other hand I'm kinda nervous because I've never been to Danforth or to be honest, even a concert in general. Comfort me, GAF!!

jstripes

Banned
I'm going to go see Prozzak at Danforth tonight. On one hand, I'm excited because it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I love them as a band, but on the other hand I'm kinda nervous because I've never been to Danforth or to be honest, even a concert in general. Comfort me, GAF!!

Sucks to be you.

Renewed

Reminder: meetup is in a week. As one once said: be there or be shamed. We can discuss possible pre-meetup locations (probably a nearby Tims)

Let it all go and have fun? I was kind of in that position a while ago since the Miku concert was the first concert I've been to. It's all a matter of how much you just leave everything else behind and enjoy yourself (while being respectful to everyone else). You can probably strike up conversations in the meantime (I was chatting with one guy and his friend and when I brought up Anamanaguchi being the opening act, the conversation went well).

I dunno what's worthwhile in Danforth, so can't help you there lol

Mhee12Bee

Anyone here try Dusty Boots Hard Root Beer? Seem fairly new and saying it's Canada's Adult Root Beer. About to buy a 6 pack and find out

205871.jpg

Anyone here try Dusty Boots Hard Root Beer? Seem fairly new and saying it's Canada's Adult Root Beer. About to buy a 6 pack and find out

205871.jpg

Just bought a six pack from a friends recommendation. It tastes pretty much like root beer, but there's a smokey aftertaste I'm not a huge fan of. For someone who isn't a fan of that beery taste it's great.

Top Bottom