• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Totaka's hidden song (Nintendo)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Totaka's an awesome composer. Wish Nintendo would use him in some great games and not Animal Crossing.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Yeah, I know OF this, but not the nitty gritties for all of these titles. Very cool.

adg1034

I didn't see that it was a 7-minute long video, didn't get it at first, then saw that it was a 7-minute long video, and got it. Carry on.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Neat. I've known about the Mario Paint song since forever, but I had no idea that it was (or was about to become) a recurring secret song.

Waitaminute.... I do remember that in Mario Land 2 as well from when I was young....

adg1034

Hopefully it'll be hidden in Twilight Princess (Amir0x can even try to find it, since we all know what his "secret" Wii game is, don't we...)

jj984jj

adg1034 said:
Hopefully it'll be hidden in Twilight Princess (Amir0x can even try to find it, since we all know what his "secret" Wii game is, don't we...)
Why would it be in a game he isn't working on?

Mejilan

Maybe you have to point at Link's wii with Navi, and fulfill her dream from OoT to get the song in Twilight Princess. :D

If he is indeed even working on the game, of course.

Drakken

That is SO awesome. It's amazing that people found where the song is in all those games (especially Yoshi Touch & Go). I wonder where else it's hidden. :eek:

I'm happy he showed where the song was in the Japanese version of LA DX. Pretty cool. :)

Senretsu

man that is ****ing sweet! I've encountered this too, always wondered WTH?

Never heard of this show but it was a great review of this secret, nice studio guys.

In luigi's mansion Luigi will whistle it either if the room has been cleared or not, I can't remember (I think he whistles it, its been a long time since I've played it).

Kaeru

Banned
great thread.

The guy whose presenting this, isnt he playing the older brother in Napoleon Dynamite? :lol

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
crashen said:
In Luigi's Mansion, isn't that the tune that Luigi would hum or whistle from time to time?
YES!
I can clearly remember this even though I've only heard the game being played.
The only one I actually "knew" was the Mario Paint one, but it always freaked me out a little.
Jonnyram said:
What's this show, btw?
I'd like to see some more.
http://powet.tv

Mejilan

Kaeru said:
great thread.

The guy whose presenting this, isnt he playing the older brother in Napoleon Dynamite? :lol

Ahhh, it's been a while, but no? Not even close?

jj984jj

RevenantKioku said:
That was a nice EBA/Ouendan comparison. Would've been better if they somehow went to one of the fusion tour shows and captured one of the new stages instead of comparing that downloadable demo everyone has already seen.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I just watched a video review of a guy eating Nintendo Power Mints, so I guess they've got quite the range.

Dreamfixx

I don't know shit about shit
I just found it on my Super Mario Land 2 cartridge. I died 5 times and left the Game Over screen up for 2 minutes and 30 seconds, and sure enough there it was. It's kinda creepy, actually.

jj984jj said:
That was a nice EBA/Ouendan comparison. Would've been better if they somehow went to one of the fusion tour shows and captured one of the new stages instead of comparing that downloadable demo everyone has already seen.

wtf the demo is only two parts ;_;

jj984jj said:
Is it? Then how did people find out about all the new songs?

yeah the EBA demo "walkie-talkie" level is only two parts.
and what do you mean all other songs? Highway star and (maybe) livin' la Vida Loca?

jj984jj

salva said:
yeah the EBA demo "walkie-talkie" level is only two parts.
and what do you mean all other songs? Highway star and (maybe) livin' la Vida Loca?
Oh, you were talking about the downloadable retail demo in the video. Yeah, it only has two parts, this is probably why there is also no single-cart play in Ouendan (aside from the tutorial). I thought you were talking about the demo on the Nintendo Fusion tour, which has new songs and levels we haven't see so far. Someone already posted the updated songlist somewhere on this board.

Edit:
Ahoy Mates! Sunken Delights and Adventure! - Y.M.C.A. (Village People)
A Pug's Life! 400 Miles from Home! - Highway Star (Deep Purple)
Magic Meets Madness! The Show Must Go On! - Rock This Town (Stray Cats)
Trio of Mayhem! Love and Boyfriends! - Walkie Talkie Man (Steriogram)
Red Carpet Premier! Smash Hit or Box Office Crash!! - Makes no Difference (Sum 41)
Cry Wolf! Meterology and Parenting! - September (Earth, Wind and Fire)
Hey Taxi! To the Hospital and Hurry! - Sk8er Boi (Avril Lavigne)
Art and Beauty! Love and Happiness!? - I Was Born to Love You (Queen)

So far the only other known, confirmed song in the game is Livin' La Vida Loca (Ricky Martin). If the U.S. song list is to be comparable to the import counterpart, stacking in at about 15 songs, then there is still a small chunk of songs to be uncovered.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
Metroid II (one of the greatest games of all time) has a "secret song" as well and it SORT OF closely ressembles this "secret song". Just start the game up, wait a good minute & a half at the title screen and a slow soft intricate song plays. It's one of the coolest tunes in any GameBoy game, though short. If this is his doing then this pre-dates even Mario Paint.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Cool stuff. Love to see if it continues.

shuri

Banned
DrGAKMAN said:
Metroid II (one of the greatest games of all time) has a "secret song" as well and it SORT OF closely ressembles this "secret song". Just start the game up, wait a good minute & a half at the title screen and a slow soft intricate song plays. It's one of the coolest tunes in any GameBoy game, though short. If this is his doing then this pre-dates even Mario Paint.
I can confirm this. I remember started the game when i was a kid and leaving it at the title screen while i was cleaning up my room, and then THAT music started, and it creeped me hardcore!

Drakken

shuri said:
I can confirm this. I remember started the game when i was a kid and leaving it at the title screen while i was cleaning up my room, and then THAT music started, and it creeped me hardcore!

Whoa. Anyone know of a recording of this?

Top Bottom