• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Totaka's hidden song (Nintendo)

Dragmire

I didn't know about this secret. I've played all these games, and it's cool to find something like this out.

In Luigi's Mansion, he whistles the theme. Maybe in a certain situation, he whistles "KK Song" or whatever you want to call it, but I've never heard it.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wow, that was a pretty cool secret. A shame the actual song is pretty meh.

Neomoto

Yes, pretty cool stuff. But damm, finding the song in Yoshi's Touch & Go must have been hell. Or, of course, pure damm luck.

FoxHimself said:
Can you (or someone else) rehost it somewhere else, please? When I click the link my browser just completely shuts down (not just that site but all the windows that are open, including neoGAF) :/ Doesn't matter if I try it in Firefox or IE. But I would like to here that song. :)

sammy

-- that's swell -- what a relaxing show.. :lol

I can't hear the Metroid II song... I'm gonna have to pop it in.

Ronok

In Luigi's Mansion, isn't that the tune that Luigi would hum or whistle from time to time?

I knew I had heard the song before and I was wondering where...... Then he mentioned he worked on Luigi's Mansion and it clicked..... This is a really awesome secret. lol

Another thing....... This Metroid 2 song.. I heard it before somewhere, but, not in Metroid. o.o;;

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
DavidDayton said:
Ah, once again, thanks to the Nintendo Database.

Did anyone mention the connection between the Game Boy Camera and Earthbound/Mother yet?
Wut?

Oh, found it on wiki. Almost makes me wish I bought that Game Boy Camera for $5 a few years ago. :lol

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
RevenantKioku said:
Wut?

Oh, found it on wiki. Almost makes me wish I bought that Game Boy Camera for $5 a few years ago. :lol

Eh. I discovered that a bit before anyone mentioned it on the Wiki... well, the bit about the new game menu music for Mother 2 being the same as the background music in the settings menu of the GB Camera. One of the more obscure references I've seen in gaming...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Nice to have you on the forum Phil. I rather liked the Pikmin 2 version of the song. The more I hear the song in different places the more mischievous it becomes.

Yah thanks! It's a nice and "different" show. What happened to the studio?

The Pikmin2 version is nice but should be played seperately...

Let's solve this case! :]

Phil Bond

The studio I used before is just something I have access to because of my job, and it's not usually convenient. Besides: I've only done a handful of videos, but I'm trying to shoot in different places as much as possible. Mostly for my own entertainment.

Senretsu

Thanks for the update video! I was wondering if anyone had looked into this since the first video. Nice to see people are doing this. I also liked the Pikmin 2 version, very pleasant sounding, just like all the music in that game :). Keep making stuff like this, they're enjoyable to watch (and informative at the same time).

That was neat, and I found the highly-edited summary of the last show funny. Glad you cleared up the Luigi's Mansion thing too, at first I thought you'd skipped it.

"SOFTWARE PIRATES... have found this in the game's code..."

Taichu

We need more threads like this. Both videos were very interesting. I feel compelled to replay Wario Land and try to find the song!

Drakken

Excellent job once again, Phil. You seem to be a natural at this.

That Pikmin 2 one was neat. How many people would think to wait at that screen for 3 min. 50 seconds? Not many, obviously, since this was just found now.

If I still had my Wario Land cartridge, I'd love to look for Totaka's song in there. :-/

Dragmire

I haven't heard it in Luigi's Mansion. I'm wondering if people are just getting it confused with the theme he whistles. But I wouldn't be totally surprised if it were in there. It's probably the easiest game to hide the song in.

Senretsu

I bet its played by the shyguy in the piano room. There must be a way to get him to do it. I don't have the game anymore unfortunately.

Or perhaps something to do with the Game Boy Horror, maybe when you use it for the first time or something.

The trouble is, it's already known that the Japanese version had some music changed for the US version, and the European version has some minor, minor changes too, so it might have been removed at some point between the regions.

meppi

All this talk about Luigi's Mansion makes me want to go back to it. :)

It's been so many years since I last popped it in.

Loved the atmosphere and all the great little touches.

I can seem to remember Luigi whistling it at some point, or some room later in the game it pops up in the music.... With this many people remembering it, it can't NOT be in Luigi's Mansion... Right?

Hero

This just goes to show the dedication of gamers everywhere.

How many people would go out of their way to search through these games to find a short little tune? Truly awesome. Hope we find them all!

Rlan

This is one of the very few events that will make people go back and play Luigi's Mansion :p

It was good, but I can't see myself playing it again.

Top Bottom