• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys'R'Us: SNES Classic will be sold in Quebec!

Toys'R'Us reported via Twitter that they will sell the SNES Classic console in Quebec.

Furthermore, they said that Nintendo will soon release a press statement confirming that the restriction has been lifted!

Hallelujah!!! :D

bTKZHvLl.png

Kade

This may or may not lead to cancelled pre-orders in other provinces unless Nintendo is providing more units on top of what Canada is already getting. Stock that would have gone to Quebec was apparently split between the other provinces for some chains.

This may or may not lead to cancelled pre-orders in other provinces unless Nintendo is providing more units on top of what Canada is already getting. Stock that would have gone to Quebec was apparently split between the other provinces for some chains.

I don't think that many stores actually did pre-orders at this point...

I'm glad the restriction is lifted, there's a few Toys R Us around here so i might get the chance to buy one.

It's not only Toys'R'us though. All the typical stores will also be able to sell it.

I'm just glad that'll save me a round trip to Hawkesbury after all!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Good to hear! So what did they do to allow this? Put French on the box, or they found a way to sell it even if there is only English?

Good to hear! So what did they do to allow this? Put French on the box, or they found a way to sell it even if there is only English?

They just pulled their heads out of their asses, basically.

The OFLQ (the office that regulates and enforces French-language software laws) said from the beginning that nothing prevented Nintendo from releasing the SNES Classic in Quebec, that the rule didn't apply, and that if they opted to not release it, that it was purely a business decision on Nintendo's part.

They had nothing to do. The OQLF said back when the news hit that there was nothing preventing the SNES classic from being sold in Québec. It was a business decision from Nintendo alone.

Fularu

Banned
Hey I made the op.

I hope it's the last time :p

Now the shitshow in Canada can continue with us taking part in it and not trying our best to circumvent it

It's hilarious how it's been painless to get a european mini, a JP sfc mini but noooope on the local one

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
tweets imply quebec added an exception.

Opposite. There was nothing preventing the SNES Mini from being sold here legally, so someone at Nintendo Canada just had to say "hey, it can be sold there".

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
They had nothing to do. The OQLF said back when the news hit that there was nothing preventing the SNES classic from being sold in Québec. It was a business decision from Nintendo alone.

Oh right. The law only applies if there is a french version available if I remember. If there is no such thing, it can be sold in english-only.

Dumb on Nintendo's part, but at least there's a chance for me to get one now.

watership

Meh. They've had it coming. I've had some terrible customer service at Toys R Us for on multiple occasions.

So you had some bad 'service' with a few, out of tens of thousands of employees. Just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean everyone deserves to lose their jobs.

Top Bottom