• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trackmania Turbo |OT| It's Turbo Time!

epmode

If anyone is running Turbo at 1440p, I'd like to know if you're seeing graphics artifacting in the clouds. So far, I only see it in Valley, and only at 1440p. 1080p is fine.

I posted a screen on the last page: http://abload.de/img/trackmaniaturbo2016-0n5xqa.png
(Look at the left side of the screen. It's distracting as hell in motion.)
There's a nice Trackmania sale right now on Steam as well. If you're enjoying Turbo, it's worth checking out Trackmania 2 Stadium as well.
Turbo includes the Stadium environment.

conman

There's a nice Trackmania sale right now on Steam as well. If you're enjoying Turbo, it's worth checking out Trackmania 2 Stadium as well.
Considered it, but I figured I'd start with Turbo since it's newer and shinier. More than enough content to last me a good long while. And it looks like Trials in the sense that once you've gotten your fill, you probably aren't looking for more.

But I am shocked at just how small the population is for online players on PC. Expected many, many more. Currently only seeing something like 29k in the global ranks and only a couple of populated online rooms. Is this typical for the series? Or are longtime fans really that bothered by the changes?

5taquitos

Built myself a custom playlist and things are much better. So easy to get into the zone when the music doesn't restart every time I do.

Lemonte

So far I have had most fun in Valley. Call me crazy but I like dirt maps. :) I'm half way through green series. Something about Canyon feels off compared to TM2. Car feels heavier or something. Hard to explain. Lagoon is the worst. #28 still haunts me.

Hackbert

valley and lagoon are weird. their are trackparts where it is in my opinion best to use the d Pad and vice versa. once you know when to use what, it gets a bit better, but very finnicky still. lagoons magnetic and walldrifts are great. the beach.... not so much ^^". valley is actually quite forgiving when cutting corners. almost done with the green series. used my first joker on a multilap challenge -.-.

played the first time stunt server yesterday. i kind was expecting something else. thought it was like to acquire points by doing stunts, but it seems stunts are used to gain boost and so ultimately better times or the needed speed for some weeeeird maps. i kinda like it, i kinda not. fullspeed stadium and canyon are my crack personally. the less i need to brake the better XD

and goddamn, i miss custom car skins more like i thought i would. feels wrong not driving an subaru wrx in valley, an old Nissan in Canyon and some weird sportscar in stadium ^^

One noobish question - to the left of my 'profile' there is an icon and a number. Right now it's zero ( the icon is an 8-ball ). There's a progress-bar that fills up every time I place, say, in the top 30 in Online races. The bar is now at 66% if I remember correctly. I tried to google it, and it seems to be called an "echelon". But what does it mean? A leveling-system of some sort?

Hackbert

Lé Blade Runner;199341798 said:
One noobish question - to the left of my 'profile' there is an icon and a number. Right now it's zero ( the icon is an 8-ball ). There's a progress-bar that fills up every time I place, say, in the top 30 in Online races. The bar is now at 66% if I remember correctly. I tried to google it, and it seems to be called an "echelon". But what does it mean? A leveling-system of some sort?

oh that is echelon... i found it used at an description to unlock some numbers and car skins. yeah its kind of a online level system. if you place high often you gain level. right now i am right under 100 percent to level 1. it helps to put players of the same skilllevel on an server. if you are to low or high it shows you that ( the green square and yellow/red triangle)

MoonGred

Built myself a custom playlist and things are much better. So easy to get into the zone when the music doesn't restart every time I do.

Did you do this in game? It's the thing that's annoying me the most in the game. Hearing 30 seconds of a song gets old real quick.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
There we go!

trackmania_no_16wsec.jpg

I mean, this probably mostly means I've been playing the game more than the 3147 other Swedes who've bought it, and I don't expect it to last, but I'll take it for now!

Freeman76

There we go!

trackmania_no_16wsec.jpg

I mean, this probably mostly means I've been playing the game more than the 3147 other Swedes who've bought it, and I don't expect it to last, but I'll take it for now!

Haha grats!!

Love this game, kind of wish there were more drift events and less buggy but otherwise this scratches an itch that only Trials has been able to before now.

jesu

If anyone is running Turbo at 1440p, I'd like to know if you're seeing graphics artifacting in the clouds. So far, I only see it in Valley, and only at 1440p. 1080p is fine.

I posted a screen on the last page: http://abload.de/img/trackmaniaturbo2016-0n5xqa.png
(Look at the left side of the screen. It's distracting as hell in motion.) Turbo includes the Stadium environment.

So is the graphics just the same and all the stadium courses just the same?
I don't understand the PC version tbh.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I really hate the beach tracks with the Lagoon car. Basically uncontrollable. Getting Gold on all of those is gonna suck so hard.

epmode

So is the graphics just the same and all the stadium courses just the same?
I don't understand the PC version tbh.

The PC version of Turbo is basically the same as the console version.

Every environment in Turbo has already been on PC except for Lagoon. However, the returning environments look a little different with all of the new signage and the helicopters and stuff. The cars look different too. The handling feels about the same but I haven't done a close comparison.

Old Canyon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fC53l3jGAc

New Canyon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk5tu8cnHS0

Is this good on PS4? Looks like fun

Yeah it runs great. Was expecting the presentation, based on playing the first Trackmania game, to be poor but it is surprisingly well done. Online works well without hitches. Only criticisms are that the music sucks (you need to Spotify) and customizing your car into something that is not ugly is impossible. I haven't tried the track making tool but that isn't usually my thing. It will be on my GOTY list for sure.

Lemonte

Got trackmaster times on all maps till #88. I think later stadium maps are gong to be hardest for me. Wasted so much time on green.

Top Bottom