• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Traffic stop turns up cache of full auto assault rifles, 900 rounds, survival gear

TheContact

Cmon guys chill clearly all those guns were for self defense and in case the military tried to take over his home

Akronis

Depends, full auto weapons have to be made before Oct 1986, else they are very illegal.

There are licenses that allow you to own fully automatic weapons made after the ban. It's outrageously expensive and you get random visits from the ATF though. It's not something random people have.

You seemed to have missed the part where they aren't registered, no serial numbers, and modified for fully automatic fire.

Dude is proper fucked.

also what the fuck kind of shitty range shooting are you doing spending 900 rounds in 30 minutes?

Ya you're right, I missed the no serial number part, proper fucked indeed.

Enjoy the FBI visit.

I don't know a single gun owner who carries less than this on a day out shooting. Also, I'm a California gun owner and pretty mild by just about every measure.

Christian

Nothing makes my thimble-sized dick feel bigger than large-caliber automatic weapons! Hnnnnnnggg!

What are the odds this guy was driving a pick-up? Any guesses?

xkramz

Wonder how cops would react to pulling over Matt from demolitionRanch

This guy drfives around with AR, pistols, hasnd cannons, 50 cal snipers, shotguns

Nothing makes my thimble-sized dick feel bigger than large-caliber automatic weapons! Hnnnnnnggg!

What are the odds this guy was driving a pick-up? Any guesses?

I mean, prob something like this:

YDmsarr.jpg

NH Apache

Banned
Depends, full auto weapons have to be made before Oct 1986, else they are very illegal.

Unless he bump stocked them. If he legit changed modded them for full auto, it's definitely illegal as you say. Time to enforce our laws and put this idiot away for decades.

sullyj

I don't know a single gun owner who carries less than this on a day out shooting. Also, I'm a California gun owner and pretty mild by just about every measure.

You and your buds go to the range with a couple of full auto ghost guns, long knifes and handguns every time to the range? Sounds legit.

Zips

Sad that you have to look at the finer points such as lacking serial numbers to separate this guy from being passable and waved right along.

I like how they low key slipped in that the serial number were taken off.

Seriously, every other part of this is legal except for that.

No, the fact that they were fully automatic is also illegal. Highly illegal. The fact that he has multiple fully automatic guns that aren't registered without serial numbers, he's looking at decades in prison probably.

NH Apache

Banned

I'm a gun owner splitting time between NH and Louisiana, some freedom loving shit. Absurd to think this is normal.

No, the fact that they were fully automatic is also illegal. Highly illegal. The fact that he has multiple fully automatic guns that aren't registered without serial numbers, he's looking at decades in prison probably.

You should see my other post. We may have a psychic link.

Graybeal said Edmisten threatened his arresting officer and lunged toward investigators trying to question him. He's jailed without bond on charges of possessing prohibited weapons, speeding, and felony evading arrest. It's unclear if he has a lawyer.

Ok. That plus there are no serial numbers is a problem. Their reaction is kind of not serious. That should not be normal. The fuck?

I said it in the other thread, but fuck guns. I can't believe people treat these murder devices like they're hobby toys

What is his religion and skintone? It's only alarming if it's one of them pesky coloured folks with this kind of arsenal. This seems like a good god fearin' American man exercising his 2nd amendment rights.

Nothing to see here really, I live in a rural area and it's normal to have at least 2,000 rounds per gun because you never know what tyrannical wild animal government will break into your house with guns and try to do harm to your family. Squirrels are especially dangerous, can't risk not having the appropriate firepower to fight them off if the government of Squirrelia turns tyrannical.

Enjoy the FBI visit.

Why would the FBI visit him for something that's completely legal and common? Believe it or not, many competitor shooters take many hundreds of rounds at a time to competitions or practice. Nothing illegal about it.

Ok. That plus there are no serial numbers is a problem. Their reaction is kind of not serious. That should not be normal. The fuck?

What do you expect them to say? "Shit this guy was going to shoot up a concert, we just have that hunch!!"

They said it's concerning he had illegal weapons. There's nothing else to say about it.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
People going around with this stuff is probably a daily occurrence, they just don't get traffic stopped.

Paz

I'm so glad that this person was pulled over for whatever reason, that's a lot of potential victims saved.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.

You'd have to basically be a gun manufacturer and then jump through major hoops. You can't just got get a tax stamp and ffl and do it. Civs can't buy legally post 86 machine guns. You can buy a m16 pre86 if you got a lot of time wait and about 20k.

sullyj

Why would the FBI visit him for something that's completely legal and common? Believe it or not, many competitor shooters take many hundreds of rounds at a time to competitions or practice. Nothing illegal about it.

What do you expect them to say? "Shit this guy was going to shoot up a concert, we just have that hunch!!"

They said it's concerning he had illegal weapons. There's nothing else to say about it.

Full auto rifles with no serial numbers are not completely legal and or common.

Kvik

Graybeal said Edmisten threatened his arresting officer and lunged toward investigators trying to question him.

I'm sure he's a well-adjusted individual with a noble intention[*] and an eclectic hobby.

[*]homicidal

mf.luder

I was in Tennessee last weekend from Canada and went to a gun range. I asked him about buying ammo at walmart or if we had to purchase ammo from him. I said I left my firearm license back in Canada and he said, "Tennessee's a free state".

Full auto rifles with no serial numbers are not completely legal and or common.

He said: "I've taken more than this on a average day out with my friends. :/ Also, those are not sub machine guns. 900 rounds is about 30 minutes of target shooting."

Where on here is he saying he has illegal weapons? Clearly he's talking about the amount of ammunition.

Occam

Unless there were illegal weapons, driving around like this isn't illegal in the US, is it?

It's the bed you made.

g11

I like how they low key slipped in that the serial number were taken off.

Seriously, every other part of this is legal except for that.

Well that, and they are unregistered fully automatic rifles. All full auto rifles have to be registered AFAIK. Doesn't possession of guns with missing or tampered with serial numbers mean automatic jail time?

Graybeal said Edmisten threatened his arresting officer and lunged toward investigators trying to question him. He's jailed without bond on charges of possessing prohibited weapons, speeding, and felony evading arrest. It's unclear if he has a lawyer.

Edmisten has to be white. If a black man did this they would’ve gunned him down immediately

Ducarmel

This kind of stops probably happen frequently enough the cops are not fazed by the encounter. This story made the news and posted on gaf only because of the mass shooting recently otherwise I doubt we would have heard about this.

I was in Tennessee last weekend from Canada and went to a gun range. I asked him about buying ammo at walmart or if we had to purchase ammo from him. I said I left my firearm license back in Canada and he said, "Tennessee's a free state".

Even in States with more restrictive gun laws, you can typically use guns at a firing range without a full license. Often there's a gun safety class and then they let you fire whatever.

While our country is insanely obsessed with guns, I don't believe there are many malicious acts perpetrated with guns at ranges. I could be wrong though.

I don't know anybody who brings more than 100 of a certain ammo to the range. And I've been shooting guns since before I could ride a bike.

Also you're full of it if 900 is '30 minutes' worth.

Akronis

Well that, and they are unregistered fully automatic rifles. All full auto rifles have to be registered AFAIK. Doesn't possession of guns with missing or tampered with serial numbers mean automatic jail time?

Automatic 5 year imprisonment for serial number modification, 10 years for modifying semi to full.

I doubt he'll get max sentence, but I'm pretty sure he's going to jail.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Graybeal said Edmisten threatened his arresting officer and lunged toward investigators trying to question him. He's jailed without bond on charges of possessing prohibited weapons, speeding, and felony evading arrest. It's unclear if he has a lawyer

Looks like they caught themselves a terrorist.

zeemumu

So he removed the serial numbers, modded them for full auto, and had several knives because he wanted to practice?

traveler

Not Wario
So he removed the serial numbers, modded them for full auto, and had several knives because he wanted to practice?

and I suppose threatening the officers and lunging at them was also just practice for the day the feds are sent to take his weapons?

Top Bottom