• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer Park Boys Season 8 |OT| Greasin' up Netflix, Sept 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

knkng

You sure? Canadian money is pretty colorful and it's made of a synthetic plastic material (I'm from Toronto). I didn't look that closely though.

Nah, check out a scene where they have it in the bar (like near the end of episode 5), or when they give it to the lady in the Chinese restaurant in episode 4. It's made of paper with strange colorful patterns on it.

So far, so damn good. I was worried the humor wouldn't hit the same as the earlier seasons but they're doing a great job from what I'm seeing so far.

Helmholtz

Nah, check out a scene where they have it in the bar (like near the end of episode 5), or when they give it to the lady in the Chinese restaurant in episode 4. It's made of paper with strange colorful patterns on it.
Oh okay, weird. I'm only on episode 2 so I guess I haven't seen it yet.

knkng

Up to episode 7. I think this might be one of the best seasons so far. It was a little strange seeing the Live in Fuckin' Dublin routine in the episode, but still funny. The ending nearly killed me,
Midnight Cowboy with our jammies on
lol

Up to episode 7. I think this might be one of the best seasons so far. It was a little strange seeing the Live in Fuckin' Dublin routine in the episode, but still funny. The ending nearly killed me,
Midnight Cowboy with our jammies on
lol

Episode 7 is the best one so far IMO, I was laughing throughout the whole episode.
TIIIMBERRR!

The season has been pretty solid, and it's nice to see Cory again.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Brilliant season and it had me in tears throughout lol. So many great moments. That J-Roc line mentioned earlier had me in tears, just timed to perfection.

The other biggest laugh for me was when
The name of Julians club is revealed. I mean it's the name of the episode but thankfully I wasn't paying attention when selecting the episode etc
Brilliant.

drake8gk23.png

Burn. Drake and Smokey got it on.

lol and the black and white photo is Sean Avery

Scoot2005

Banned
Just binge watched it. Holy shit that is some of the best TPB I have ever seen. I'm so glad they're back and I hope they keep making seasons! Season 9 is already in the works I take it? Perhaps already done?

Helmholtz

This was honestly a pretty darned good season. A return to form for sure.
Everyone was on point for most of the season, and the Jacob/Corey combo is great.
I do feel like the first half or so of the season felt a little unfocused, but the schemes started to come together near the end.
Hopefully they manage to make quite a few more seasons of this quality.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
On that Getting Doug with High they confirmed the season 9 is good to go and they are going to start working on the writing for 10 and 11 although Netflix hasn't agreed to those yet but they are still going to write them and see what happens, they can probably do it themselves on Swearnet.

Also the girl that plays Trinity, dem legs.

I have two episodes left. This season is so freaking good.

Ricky shower scene

Ricky continuously killing Orangie

Every Randy + Lahey scene

Buying Crabs shampoo

Hash coins

Whore-a-geddon

Cory and Jacob trying to buy a replacement goldfish at a grocery store

RICKY SHOWER SCENE

Everything is great! And the new TPB movie comes out on Tuesday? AND SEASON 9 COMES OUT IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS? ALSO THE SWEARNET MOVIE??

So much great new Trailer Park Boys, so little time

Coins

Banned
I have two episodes left. This season is so freaking good.

Everything is great! And the new TPB movie comes out on Tuesday? AND SEASON 9 COMES OUT IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS? ALSO THE SWEARNET MOVIE??

So much great new Trailer Park Boys, so little time

What new movie???

Daigoro

only about 4 eps in so far, but its so good.

happy to have the boys back again. love this show.

that moment when J Roc was
getting put into the back of the cop car.
lol! oh and
"It's raining mafuckas!".

Tucah

you speak so well
Just finished the season, excellent stuff. I was a little worried going in - I'm not the biggest fan of S7 and the movies so I wasn't quite sure if they had another classic season in them but I had nothing to worry about, lots of hilarious stuff all season. Jacob may not be Trevor but he's pretty good paired with Corey, Don ended up being a pretty funny new character and of course the boys were top notch all year. Light spoiler territory for the season:
Loved to see Sarah get a big role with the club subplot and lots of Barb was great. Ricky was fantastic all season but pretty much anything with Goldie killed me (and same with Bubbles and his puppets). I would have liked to see a bit more Lucy (I was worried when she wasn't in the season for, what, the first half?) and I can always use more J-Roc since he was barely in the last half or third or so after he went to jail but these are mostly minor complaints.

It's going to be a long wait until S9 next year.

gosox333

Holy fuck boys this season was really good. Aside from the first two movies I've never really noticed a drop in quality (frigg off season 7 was awesome), so I guess I'm not surprised.

The second I saw Don I thought I was going to hate him but he turned out pretty funny.

It's going to be a long wait until S9 next year.

Should be out in a month or two.

Just binged the hell out of this on Saturday/Sunday. I've got two more episodes to go, but yeah, definitely a step up from Season 7. I'd probably put it on par with Seasons 5 & 6, but probably not as good as 1-4. There are a couple points where they try to get a little too emotional, but those are all washed away, but the numerous Ricky-isms and J-roc like a mahf. I'm missing Ray in a big way this season boys. Hoping he'll be back for season 9.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished it, great season.

Loved J Roc scratching records as he was thrown into the back of the cop car, and Ricky's shower is probably the greatest thing the show has ever done lol.

huxley00

It seems crazy to say, but this might be the best season ever or at least top 3. The first few episodes were a bit rough, but they really really hit their stride after that. I'm rewatching the whole season again since I enjoyed it so much.

They took some popular/funny ideas and themes from previous seasons and kind of remixed/rehashed them a bit into something fresh and hilarious.

huxley00

Finished it up last night. Better than probably season 6 and definitely 7. Maybe shows should take long breaks more often.

I thought 7 was pretty great though, it was over the top and ridiculous but it had some really funny parts
Phil Collins, The Scorpion, return of Conky, capturing randy in a fishing net.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Forgot to post one of my favourite lines, when Bubbles is talking to his puppet:

"Quit talking to me like Dexter's father"

It's been too long since i watched the later seasons of the original run, but I feel this season was pretty bad compared to what TPB used to be. The characters have become caricatures of themselves in a way, like how Ricky is straight up retarded now instead of being an able person with terrible ideas.

It also felt a bit disjointed in the story arc. There was never this big plan through the season, just an overlying threat of the park getting sold, which I almost forgot in all the random events every episode.

Overall everyone just felt straight up retarded and unsympathetic, instead of being lovable doofuses.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm 5 or 6 episodes in now and I'm liking the new season a lot. I had some concerns about whether or not they should even try to make a new season but it has turned out to be very funny so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom