• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer Park Boys Season 8 |OT| Greasin' up Netflix, Sept 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

sn00zer

Just realized there are a few missing plot points from season 7
-Anything elated to Ricky's dad
-The Dirty Burger
-Randy's kid

Im sure im missing a few others

Grinchy

Banned
It's weird. I don't actually remember Randy and Jim going full gay. I remember innuendo but I don't remember them being fully out. I guess I haven't seen the later seasons in a long time.

saunderez

-The Dirty Burger
-Randy's kid

Didn't Ricky's dad fake his death and go live off insurance or something at a dump in Florida? Maybe that was explained in Don't Legalise It, everything has blurred together for me.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
It's weird. I don't actually remember Randy and Jim going full gay. I remember innuendo but I don't remember them being fully out. I guess I haven't seen the later seasons in a long time.

Julian caught Randy and Layhey is their dress up role playing.... Jim in drag and Randy dressed as a bumble bee or something. Think it was the Blair Pimp Project ep or something, Julian blackmailed them to get Ricky's sex tape back.

-The Dirty Burger
-Randy's kid

Ricky's dad on the show was actually the director of the series or the producer. I think Corey and Trevor left because of some issues with him and their pay. A cameo is all we are likely to get which sucks. Also watch Don't Legalise It to find out what happens.
Phil Collins is dead in real life :(. The Dirty Burger RV was burned down in that Don't Legalise It movie.
Richard Collins (1947 – April 15, 2013) was a Canadian actor who played the character of Philadelphia "Phil" Collins in the television show Trailer Park Boys
Randy's kid is the only real unknown. Taken away maybe.

Mikey Jr.

-The Dirty Burger
-Randy's kid

1. Watch the new movie.
2. Phil Collins died in real life.
3. TheyThdid an ama on reddit. Said randy kid moved to randys parents.

ZoddGutts

The new season was okay not great but good enough. I did love 'Don't Legalize It' movie though, might be my favorite Trailer Park Boys movie.

Pein

Banned
-The Dirty Burger
-Randy's kid

Dirty burger blew up.

Ray's in florida, should try and bring him back though, guy was fucking great. That's the way she goes sometimes.

Randy's kid is missing,

ZoddGutts

Dirty burger blew up.

Ray's in florida, should try and bring him back though, guy was fucking great. That's the way she goes sometimes.

Randy's kid is missing,

Dude is dead dead in real life. Maybe they knew about he's failing health during the filming of the movie so they made that scene at the end with Ray's character essentially saying goodbye.

saunderez

Dude is dead dead in real life. Maybe they knew about he's failing health during the filming of the movie so they made that scene at the end with Ray's character essentially saying goodbye.
Are you sure about that? If so someone should update his wikipedia entry.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole

Phil Collins actor is dead, Ray's (Barrie Dunn) isn't....... if he is there's nothing on the inner nets about it.

Alpende

Ah! Didn't know that, it has been a while since I watched the older seasons.

Shit, the actor is called Richard Collins. Messed up his character name and real name...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I really enjoyed this season.

Also learned tonight that I'd never seen the Christmas special and sat down and watched it.

It was DECENT.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Was slow at the beginning, but it's one of my favorite seasons of the show now. is Dont Legalize It on Netflix?

Also didnt know Phil Collins was dead IRL. :( Was one of my favorite characters.

Grinchy

Banned
If I had to complain about anything, it would be that the actor who plays Sarah is really weak in this season. She pulled me out of the show during most of her scenes. And I don't remember ever feeling that way during the earlier seasons.

Cygnus

Banned
Even though it's a still a bit over the top this is the best season since 5. Having interesting and varied locations, Cyrus and having Corey back is a huge plus. Also glad they brought back a bit of the mockumentary vibe too.

I did go back and watch seasons 1-4 recently and man nothing touches those, absolute comedy gold. I forgot how tender the show got at times too.

Hycran

Banned
I think the only thing that I didn't like was J-rocs initial appearance. He was using a bunch of mannerisms that he never used before and was way more or there than normal. Thankfully he got a bit more back to normal but I feel he was under utilized. How to see more of him in S9. Also, is everyone forgetting both J-roc and T both have new born Babies from s7? Wonder where the baby mommas are at

IceCold

I also agree that the Rickyisms seem more forced now. Maybe it's because I forgot how many of the earlier episodes were since it's been years since I've watched the seasons 1-7.

mf.luder

I also agree that the Rickyisms seem more forced now. Maybe it's because I forgot how many of the earlier episodes were since it's been years since I've watched the seasons 1-7.

There were definitely too many and they started to seem forced in S8.

The best one, it has to be the Dorito chips "Zesty Mordant".

The best rickyism is. "get two birds stoned at once". I still use that line in my day to day. Also lahey falling down never fails to slay me.

I completely forgot about this thread :s

Think it stated off pretty slow, but it really kicked in a gear after that.

Funniest scene was bubbles talking about his shed and breakfast with all the people banging in the background :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom