• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trails in the Sky the 3rd |OT| Time's the Charm

Marche90

Up to plane 4, still not done with the game but I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Cheat Engine really makes wonders for it, too; 6x if I'm grinding for CP, 2x in the rest of the battles and normal speed for cutscenes and moving through the world

Even after Tita has grown up, her and Agate pairing up is an icky proposition to me. I hope either of them would have an actual love interest by the time of Cold Steel III to put my mind to rest. But then that'd make Tita potentially Rean-eligible and ew.

Rean is valimar-sexual, so it should be okay, methinks

Goddamnit

I don't know what you're talking about, headpats are *clearly* the deepest sign of affection in Erebonian culture. Tita should be HONOURED to receive a headpat.

Please no
moon door 8 spoilers

Well you're joking but it make sense ,
lechter did headpat kloe

It's an erebonia cultural thing !

Everyone slaps and hugs each other in Liberl, and there's a bit of everything in Crossbell, so I guess Erebonians revere the headpat.

Josette's interjection is kind of off, but I choose to interpret it as her defending every unlikely romance so as to convince herself she still has a chance with Joshua, lol.
I'll agree with this, but it's odd that Estelle or another party member doesn't tease Josette because of what she's implying.

Jolkien

Star Door 10, need help
What's the bonus ? It's the only door so far in the book that as an exclamation mark instead of the half circle icon on it. I did not use a retry. Not sure what I'm missing ?

Edit: Never mind, had to go back to the home base. -_-

Tonton

What do you need to challenge the higher difficulty of the arena?
I tried going to it but it was the normal arena again

Jolkien

What do you need to challenge the higher difficulty of the arena?
I tried going to it but it was the normal arena again

You get a tournament invitation in a chest during the second trial in Chapter 6. Haven't went back to do it in hard mode yet but I got the item.
That's where you bring a certain character
Anelace with Cassius sword equipped right
?

rickyson1

You get a tournament invitation in a chest during the second trial in Chapter 6. Haven't went back to do it in hard mode yet but I got the item.
That's where you bring a certain character
Anelace with Cassius sword equipped right
?

that's the nightmare mode(which you get the invitation for from the abyss bonus dungeon in the last chapter)

Hatsuu

XSEED
Claire mentions it to Rean at one point. I can't remember if it's during a main story scene or one of her bonding events.

It's in the final dungeon in the epilogue. You have to talk to her while she's not in the party in the Reverie Corridor's base, then she'll explain how Lechter went to school abroad and was even the Student Council president.

"That" boss from chapter 6:

Holy shit, Cassius was hardcore. The build up, the music, the actual fight. Thank god for Grail Sphere and Richard's super speed. I feel like I want to redo it with different party setups just so that I can read all the different pre- and post-battle dialogues.
I felt so proud of beating him on Nightmare...but when I was testing it the achievement was broken, so I don't have the achievement for beating him on Nightmare. Took me ages to successfully test that one out. ;_;

At the risk of being optimistic about Japanese media, I think the idea of Tita and Agate being innocent is at least somewhat supported by the text. The premise of sun door 1
is a big misunderstanding of what Tita's parents think of Agate. Tita thinks that they think he's a bad person, but instead they think that there's romance going on. Comedically, it makes more sense if the misunderstanding goes full circle, and Tita's parents are also misunderstanding Tita and Agate's relationship... which is possible, since they never actually confront them about it. This leads me to believe if Tita and Agate were directly confronted, the illusion would be broken.

That being said, as for everyone else shipping it, I've got nothing. At best, they want them to pair up... in the distant future when Tita is older. If they're joking, they're not very funny.

(Note: have not finished the game, maybe they ruin everything and make out at the end. Hopefully not though)
My personal interpretation while working on the games is that Tita has a schoolgirl crush on Agate, while Agate thinks of her as a little sister. Obviously, a 25-year-old dude hanging out with a 13-year-old girl is weird, so her parents are going to think something is off and are going to be protective...though I'm sure they'd believe Professor Russell wouldn't let some legitimately bad man hang around their daughter. As for everyone else in the playable party, I think they just know they can get a rise out of Agate and he takes the bait. He always reacts like everyone else is weird for even considering anything romantic.

I would kinda ship them ten years in the future, though...but only ten years in the future. lol.

Arthea

I find it rather odd, that all doors I find after the first one are for characters I haven't unlocked yet. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to be for characters I have?

Jolkien

I find it rather odd, that all doors I find after the first one are for characters I haven't unlocked yet. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to be for characters I have?

It's a tease for things to come. You can just teleport back to those doors, it's a non issue.

Thoraxes

Recent pages:

436670_20170506185922xjz0t.png

Everyone slaps and hugs each other in Liberl, and there's a bit of everything in Crossbell, so I guess Erebonians revere the headpat.

I'll agree with this, but it's odd that Estelle or another party member doesn't tease Josette because of what she's implying.

Not just Erebonians.

436670_20170507231347jlltm.png

Yakkue

Is there a way ingame to see how many battles were already fought? Would be nice to know how far away I am from entering that star door.

Thud

As soon as the exclamation mark starts appearing. You press whatever button it is to confirm (on a DS4 it's X)

Still feels random. First round took me like 7 tries, but I aced the second round :p.

Did part 2 of the first moon door and

RIP Agate

I also did star door 6, which gave a suprising screen afterwards lol:

Always knew Ries was actually a green haired boy from a totally different country. The gig is up!

Ascheroth

Star Door 6
I was thinking the entire time "why are they level 45 and have such a difficult entrance test compared to Estelle and Joshua??? But then at the end Agate mentioned that their combat strength was above average but their characters were lacking. Good game.
But mean, I'm kind of impressed they're this good without a single Art.
Moon Door 1 Part 2
Ahahaha, I was waiting for this. As hilarious as I expected.
Erikas success dance killed me xD Lots of other fun stuff in there as well. Agate is such a good big brother. I really wonder if this misunderstanding will get resolved one time... or becomes true.
No answers!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Who the hell is Deen? lol

Jolkien

Star Door 13
It was quite interesting to learn more about what Cassius was doing in Erebonia while the event in FC unfolded. I have a feeling Osborne backed the Jester jaeger group to get rid of most Bracers in Erebonia.

Ascheroth

Whoo, fishing minigame beaten! That was nice and relaxing.
Only lost the 2nd round once because I made terrible bait choices.
Gotta play it strategically. I also think the timing for catching is really intuitive, I missed once during the whole ordeal.
x0LoJOt.png

Aidios be praised, my worst finals are done! I'll be hanging with friends and absorbing more of this awesome game very soon.

Star Door 6
I was thinking the entire time "why are they level 45 and have such a difficult entrance test compared to Estelle and Joshua??? But then at the end Agate mentioned that their combat strength was above average but their characters were lacking. Good game.
But mean, I'm kind of impressed they're this good without a single Art.
Their crafts are surprisingly good to compensate, but it's a trickier Door than it looks because you're vulnerable to freezing and can't always debuff defense on foes (though
Agate
's vulnerable). Story itself is nice, but it's really a diversion meant to explain why we don't have to worry about the
top Ravens
again, and it wraps things up well (I'd like to have seen
Deen, Rais, and Rocco
say their farewells to the gang in Ruan).

Jolkien

Chapter 6, trial number 4
When you arrive in the room where Weissman was playing the organ and the Enforcers soundtrack starts, you know shit is about to do down. Amazing but long chapter so far !

Nyoro SF

Speaking of Star Door 6, in that one the Scent glitch was active (monsters were behaving as if I had Scent equipped, even though there's no quartz or arts in that section). It actually made the door about 10x more tense than it had to be, lol. Still, the crafts they have are more than capable of taking down enemies.

It's a good thing the Scent glitch only affected me during brief stints, since for most of the game you also have access to Haze or its equivalent.

Arthea

Chapter 2 talk:
let's talk supporting bonuses and downsides, that kinda makes those bonuses pointless? Or is it only me?
The characters that give better deal are not removable from my party atm.
So how do you go about support.

vkrili

Mueller is the best support for actual combat. Agility's whatever in the Sky games, whereas Speed and Defense is always welcome.

Arthea

Mueller is the best support for actual combat. Agility's whatever in the Sky games, whereas Speed and Defense is always welcome.

he is? I kinda dismissed him out of hand because he gives such a big downgrade to agility, like 10%? if I remember correctly, and that stat is already low.
I like when enemies miss their attacks though, talking about need of agility. Not sure how much -10% affects that.

Is there a list of good steals in the game, a boss in chapter 2 had an attack 3 which attack 2 only just became available. Is Josette almost mandatory for bosses if the steals are this good?

Jolkien

Is there a list of good steals in the game, a boss in chapter 2 had an attack 3 which attack 2 only just became available. Is Josette almost mandatory for bosses if the steals are this good?

Steal only take a normal item from the boss or monster loot table. There's nothing that is steal only.

Steal only take a normal item from the boss or monster loot table. There's nothing that is steal only.

So does the
arena boss
always drop an attack 3/all bosses always drop their item and steal is only useful for common enemies with low drop rates?

If so man Josette continues to get screwed at least she has access to a def down early.

Jolkien

So does the
arena boss
always drop an attack 3/all bosses always drop their item and steal is only useful for common enemies with low drop rates?

If so man Josette continues to get screwed at least she has access to a def down early.

The bosses can drop a few item, you can check their loot table in the monster guide, it seems random what you get. Some bosses drop 1 thing some can drop one out of a few.

Eila

Haven't been popping into this thread lately, too busy playing. I assume this fight was in Japanese for others?
https://twitter.com/Rhapsody39/status/861715477021704193

Made me chuckle a little. Really liking all these doors and back stories.

Just his text but yeah it was for me as well. Also noticed a misplaced /n in the fishing minigame as well as other minor things. Seems to me like they just wanted to not miss the release date again, and I don't mind it too much honestly. They have also shown they will go back to the game and fix any issues, considering they are still putting work on FC and SC to this day.

Sara

Just his text but yeah it was for me as well. Also noticed a misplaced /n in the fishing minigame as well as other minor things. Seems to me like they just wanted to not miss the release date again, and I don't mind it too much honestly. They have also shown they will go back to the game and fix any issues, considering they are still putting work on FC and SC to this day.

Actually, it's more the fact that we handled 3rd with a very small team -- testing included. As a result, a small few things still ended up slipping through the cracks. We are doing our best to iron out the wrinkles, though!

Rhapsody

Banned
Actually, it's more the fact that we handled 3rd with a very small team -- testing included. As a result, a small few things still ended up slipping through the cracks. We are doing our best to iron out the wrinkles, though!

I'm really impressed on how small and few the problems have been. Small hiccups here and there, but I've been super happy with what's released from you guys.

Top Bottom