• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

Meh, my husband is half a head shorter then I am, who cares. It makes for interesting cuddles when I'm in high heels though, he never seems to mind ^-^

if you want to wear high heels go for it, it will make you feel sexy and empowered.

LOL cute. My sister in law's sister is my height, has a shorter husband, and wears heels as well. I've seen him faceplant some boobage.

Matt_C

Even though I am a male in mind and body, I wear heels when I go femme. Yes I admit to wearing cute shoes outside of fet
Womens 11-13
. Mhh which reminds me to ask my online mtf bff if she wears heels. Heels makes your legs look toned out!

Just finished watching and it was really good, although kinda hard to hear at some points. It seemed to be pretty full in there too when the camera spun around during Q&A.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Video of our panel about transgender-related issues in gaming is now up! You can go watch it by clicking here!

Just finished watching all of it, and really enjoyed it! I actually didn't know about that option in Dark Souls, so I guess I'll mess around with it a bit when I get the PC version of the game in August. It was also really nice hearing those stories from the panelists and hearing about their personal experiences.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Video of our panel about transgender-related issues in gaming is now up! You can go watch it by clicking here!
Glad this one has better audio than some of the others, some of them are just awful.
Still haven't gotten a chance to fully watch it, or many others yet.
Nice meeting you and Charron though!
Just finished watching all of it, and really enjoyed it! I actually didn't know about that option in Dark Souls, so I guess I'll mess around with it a bit when I get the PC version of the game in August. It was also really nice hearing those stories from the panelists and hearing about their personal experiences.
And at PAX for you:
qMTP9.jpg

mollipen

Glad this one has better audio than some of the others, some of them are just awful.
Still haven't gotten a chance to fully watch it, or many others yet.
Nice meeting you and Charron though!

Wait... did we meet? You weren't the person in that picture, were you? The person hanging around that Aksys booth?

Watched a little but it's not really a topic I'm that interested in.

Kinda crushing on Chris.

Edit: thought it was really brave for everyone to get up and do a panel on this!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Wait... did we meet? You weren't the person in that picture, were you? The person hanging around that Aksys booth?
That's not me!

You are awful :(
I was wearing the GAF shirt / grey windbreaker and talking with PXG about Dust. I left early before you guys hit the bar(?)

Aroo

Neo Member
Been wanting to go find a drag mother and learn to be a queen on the weekends. Miami Florida here. I'm thinking it would be great to be a corporate worker on the weekend days and doing drag shows on the weekends.

8D

mollipen

You are awful :(
I was wearing the GAF shirt / grey windbreaker and talking with PXG about Dust. I left early before you guys hit the bar(?)

Look, I'm going to be honest here—I am one of the worst people in the world with names. I totally remember who you are, but I didn't remember by name. If I meet one new person, and have one new name to remember, then I have a chance to remember—but even that's not a guarantee. *heh* I feel bad about it though!

Matt_C

Been wanting to go find a drag mother and learn to be a queen on the weekends. Miami Florida here. I'm thinking it would be great to be a corporate worker on the weekend days and doing drag shows on the weekends.

8D

Junior Miss Thing, this thread is for people who had/going through gender dysphoria to correct their gender through hormones and for women (and maybe some female to male transgendered people lurking) to offer advice and insight during the transformation for the general NeoGAF audience. Aroo, check your inbox.

thatbox

Banned
Crossdressing falls under the TG umbrella, and I don't really have a problem with Aroo talking about it in here. Not up to me, obviously, but just wanted to chime in. Also, the title explicitly includes trans guys, so it's not just for women either!

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Yeah, I've talked about crossdressing here before (pretty much why I'm here anyway).

Am I the only person who distinguishes between crossdressing and 'drag'?

CHEEZMO™;37002382 said:

Nope, I'd kinda say there are three distinctions:

Transvestite: guy who wears women's clothes for comfort or pleasure. Not bothered about passing, will do stuff like wear stockings under their work clothes.

Crossdresser: guy who wears women's clothes for comfort or pleasure, or because they just fit their personality better. May or may not want to pass but definitely wants to appear attractively feminine and will put a lot of effort into doing so. These people are fucking hot.

Drag queen: guy who wears women's clothes for performance. These people are also often hot but usually gay so not interested in me :p

I'm none of the above so yell at me if I got it wrong or mixed up :)

Matt_C

Crossdressing falls under the TG umbrella, and I don't really have a problem with Aroo talking about it in here. Not up to me, obviously, but just wanted to chime in. Also, the title explicitly includes trans guys, so it's not just for women either!

Ah sorry about that. I never considered crossdressing and drag to be a part of the TG umbrella. Thank you for the insight but my memory is a little foggy since I do not remember a trans guy making some posts. ^_^() I apologize to Aroo here.

Well if that is the case, I will be posting here somewhat more often. Also I agree with CHEEZMO™ and alysonwheel on the distinctions.

G-Fex

Transvestite: guy who wears women's clothes for comfort or pleasure. Not bothered about passing, will do stuff like wear stockings under their work clothes.

Crossdresser: guy who wears women's clothes for comfort or pleasure, or because they just fit their personality better. May or may not want to pass but definitely wants to appear attractively feminine and will put a lot of effort into doing so. These people are fucking hot.

Drag queen: guy who wears women's clothes for performance. These people are also often hot but usually gay so not interested in me :p

then I guess I like the drag queen category since I love the gorgeous Vis Kei singers/band members.

I think the key difference between transvestites and crossdressers is that transvestites typically do it for sexual reasons. Though I'm finding conflicting information.

thatbox

Banned

mollipen

I think the key difference between transvestites and crossdressers is that transvestites typically do it for sexual reasons. Though I'm finding conflicting information.

That's the way I've always understood it: Transvestites have the sexual connection to the cross dressing, while cross dressers do it for other reasons.

Aroo

Neo Member
Sorry didn't mean to cause controversy. :)

(Rant Removed..Too depressing, too long)

So sorry....that was long. Now back to watching True Blood, Eric is waiting for me. We have a date..

Lucario

CHEEZMO™;37002382 said:
Yeah, I've talked about crossdressing here before (pretty much why I'm here anyway).

also the only reason I'm here .-.

My hip-length socks just got here, and I kind of noticed the other day that my daily wardrobe is slowly running out of clothes meant for men. >_>

mollipen

Sometimes I feel like trying to figure out "exact" terms for some of these things is like trying to figure out exactly what a "survival horror" game is. *laughs*

Sometimes I feel like trying to figure out "exact" terms for some of these things is like trying to figure out exactly what a "survival horror" game is. *laughs*

If transition were a video game, it would probably be in survival horror genre.

The house of mirrors section would be epic.

CHEEZMO™;37097345 said:
Isn't transvestitism just a more 'proper' name for cross-dressing? I've always thought of it that way.

I've always thought transvestites were straight guys who have a fetish for dressing as women..

It's frustrating the way that never stops. I transitioned over a decade ago, SRS four years ago, etc. etc. My transsexual medical needs are pretty much done; I just need to have my hormone levels monitored twice a year to make sure my estrogen and thyroid hormones are in the right sort of ballpark.

My dad has hypothyroidism, like me, and he got an immediate referral to an endo who prescribed him right away.

When I was getting meds for mine I had to fight to stop my GP from referring me through Charing Cross (the London gender identity clinic) just because I'm trans. They don't even have any endos on staff! I'd been on the standard hormone mix they give to everyone ever since I went to them for surgery, and there's nothing they'd be able to tell me about my thyroid. And yet it took three appointments with GP and a lot of arguing before they agreed to refer me straight to an endocrinologist.

Actually getting the meds out of the endo was another matter. It took a fucking while.

When I wanted to try adding progesterone to my hormone mix and I mentioned it to my GP, he tried to put me onto Charing Cross again. After speaking with my endo and just hearing confusion I gave up and just ordered them from inhouse. Meh.

I have had no problems with GPs or my gynecologist. They've been great. I don't really have special needs though, I just don't need pap smears for cervix cancer. My HRT now is just The Pill so that's easy. I've had standard breast exams and I don't need prostate checks because after a few years on HRT it shrinks to nothing, these sorts of issues are really only issues if you haven't fully medically transitioned.

Top Bottom