• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trauma Center Wii: Fast Action Footage

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the DS version was crazy my sister has it, and it's really hard but very enjoyable this looks great btw.

and this is an Atlus R&D1 game so there is no way this is going to be an easy game.

Mason

Looks kind of cool but the font and the nurse really turn me off for some reason. They need to un-Japanese this game

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Error2k4 said:
the DS version was crazy my sister has it, and it's really hard but very enjoyable this looks great btw.

and this is an Atlus R&D1 game so there is no way this is going to be an easy game.

I hope you don't have to play at the speed that it was demo'd at.... jeeze, that looked professional :lol

I think it really needs voice acting though... If I'm going to be operating that fast and precise, I can't be stopping to read all that text! I want her to talk to me during the operation.

Zeed

Banned
Error2k4 said:
They actually added difficulty settings this time around. Apparently too many wusses couldn't handle it before.

I can't freakin' decide. Other than Zelda, what the hell do I buy as a secondary freakin' GOTY[Wii edition]

Rayman
Super Monkey Ball
Trauma Center - this is the one I've preordered so far.
Sonic

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Netrunner2k2 said:
Did you play the original?

I played it at the Nintendo World Store, but only the first few... I haven't bought it.
It looks like it could get old after awhile, doing the same things over again.

But for some reasn, the Wii version kind of entices me. It just looks more immersive, and the updated, mature characters and style appeals to me more too.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Mr. Spinnington said:
I can't freakin' decide. Other than Zelda, what the hell do I buy as a secondary freakin' GOTY[Wii edition]

Rayman
Super Monkey Ball
Sonic
Buy Zelda for GCN and get SMB and Trauma Center for Wii?

Zeed

Banned
John Harker said:
Trust me, they find new things to throw at you. Even at the very end when it's the
same six uber enemies that you've fought before
, it still feels fresh.

John Harker said:
I played it at the Nintendo World Store, but only the first few... I haven't bought it.

But for some reasn, the Wii version kind of entices me. It just looks more immersive, and the updated, mature characters and style appeals to me more too.

I don't think it gets old. Some of the stages in that get really varied and pretty creative(so creative you aren't operating on anyone).

As far as how fast they were going, later in the DS has version has you going atleast that fast if you want to complete it.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
John Harker said:
It looks like it could get old after awhile, doing the same things over again..

Oh no...trust me on this, it doesn't.

SumGamer

OMG!!
Operating in the dark
so cool!! The
broken leg operation
looks very interesting as well.

Mr. Spinnington said:
Rayman
Super Monkey Ball
Sonic

You have made the right choice mister ;)

I've cut down my Wii list to only 3 games and they are ZTP, Trauma Center, Madden. They all preordered :D

Rayman is quite interesting though.

Zeed

Banned
Just watched the footage...

Awesome, a glimpse of the new character's storyline! The part where you have to
operate in the dark
looks really awesome.

EDIT: Wait a minute, it looks like the freaky white haired woman is the new playable character! She talks about the operations in the first person. I wonder what the story behind that is.

Trauma Center, Metal Slug Anthology, Zelda, Monkey Ball, and at least one other launch title that will be worth getting (I want to like Red Steel, but it probably won't shape up).

How is that not an amazing launch?

HyperZone<3 said:
Trauma Center, Metal Slug Anthology, Zelda, Monkey Ball, and at least one other launch title that will be worth getting (I want to like Red Steel, but it probably won't shape up).

How is that not an amazing launch?

I am in the same position with the same games, but I am leaning towards Madden. Trama Center will be the second game in my Wii(Zelda is the obviously first). The wait is getting harder by the day, isn't it?

Zeed

Banned
Oldschoolgamer said:
I got up to like the second or third Sin mission and said **** it. :(
You never beat story mode? Never even met Kyraki X?

Man, Savato X would slaughter you within three seconds or less.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Zyid said:

I've heard. :( This is one of the few games to actually do that to me. It was a sad day when I through the stylus down in failure.

Beezy

Zyid said:

Kyriaki X destroyed me. :(

Thank God they weren't a part of the main game.

SumGamer

Beezy said:
Kyriaki X destroyed me. :(

Thank God they weren't a part of the main game.

You musy be on the same level as Dr. K or Black Jack to defeat it.

Oldschoolgamer said:
I got up to like the second or third Sin mission and said **** it. :(

If you want to try again, I recommend you practising swapping tools without looking and calibrating your DS screen. In later stage you won't have anytime to look at the tool selection screen. thank god this time I can swap tool with Nunchuck.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Bah, I'm still stuck at the very first instance of Paraskevi in the DS version. :(

dyls

Awesome. Anyone worried abou the accuracy or steadiness of the wiimote can relax now. If someone told me that video was controlled using a touchscreen and not a free-hand controller, I would have believed them, it was that precise. It does look like they made it a little easier to get a 'cool' on the suturing, which doesn't bother me.

keanerie

Wow, this is completely awesome. The music sounds SO good fleshed out and reworked like that. Zelda and Trauma Center on day 1 for me!

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
How complex and intricate does this game get?

It seems kinda basic just watching it... How deep does it get?

The Black Brad Pitt said:
How complex and intricate does this game get?

It seems kinda basic just watching it... How deep does it get?

The difficulty isn't necessarily in the complexity of the actions, it's balancing a few things at a time such as raising health, taking out the source of the problem, keeping an eye on others at the same time, etc.

And trust me it gets difficult. Even though the typical operation is <5 minutes, when you had to go through the mundane stuff everytime, it got frustrating.

Flakster99

First day purchase. Ok, after watching this clip, they need to advertise the living hell out of this game. There are lots of opportunities (hospital sitcoms) out there to do so.

Zeed

Banned
John Harker said:
How long is the game?
The original was pretty meaty, with 6 chapters and many operations in each. Considering the difficulty of the game, I'd say it'd take maybe 15-20 hours on average to clear...not including the X missions, which maybe 5% of gamers are ever able to beat.

Second Opinion includes the original game remade, plus an entirely new playable doctor and parallel storyline. That would logically double the length of the game, bringing it up to around 30 hours.

SumGamer

Zyid said:
The original was pretty meaty, with 6 chapters and many operations in each. Considering the difficulty of the game, I'd say it'd take maybe 15-20 hours on average to clear...not including the X missions, which maybe 5% of gamers are ever able to beat.

Second Opinion includes the original game remade, plus an entirely new playable doctor and parallel storyline. That would logically double the length of the game, bringing it up to around 30 hours.

New doctor? So basically we get two games at the price of one :D .

Zeed

Banned
SumGamer said:
New doctor? So basically we get two games at the price of one :D .
Pretty much, as far as raw content goes. But from what we've heard, the "two games" are pretty well intergrated - both storylines merge at the end, with both doctors having to combine their powers to overcome a mutual challenge.

This is good, because one of the major complaints with the last missions of the original game was that they were just old bosses rehashed.

LM4sure

Banned
This game is going to rock! I showed my girlfriend the video and I think she's more excited about it than I am. She's a nurse so she loves so she loves this stuff.

SumGamer

Zyid said:
Pretty much, as far as raw content goes. But from what we've heard, the "two games" are pretty well intergrated - both storylines merge at the end, with both doctors having to combine their powers to overcome a mutual challenge.

This is good, because one of the major complaints with the last missions of the original game was that they were just old bosses rehashed.

Talk about power, is there any detail about new doctor? any special power healing touch?
I can't wait for this game anymore. I also wonder if Atlus will open TM:SO official site like the first one.

Zeed

Banned
SumGamer said:
Talk about power, is there any detail about new doctor? any special power healing touch?
Atlus said that she will have a special power...but that it won't be the healing touch. Apparently it's something new.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
LM4sure said:
This game is going to rock! I showed my girlfriend the video and I think she's more excited about it than I am. She's a nurse so she loves so she loves this stuff.
Then why isnt she a surgeon?

She could play all day long.

Top Bottom