• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trauma Center Wii: Fast Action Footage

SumGamer

Zyid said:
Atlus said that she will have a special power...but that it won't be the healing touch. Apparently it's something new.

That sounds good. I can immagine the final operation where I have to swap between two doctors within the operation :D. I also immagine me throwing the remote away twice because the time runs out :lol .

Llyranor

dyls said:
Awesome. Anyone worried abou the accuracy or steadiness of the wiimote can relax now. If someone told me that video was controlled using a touchscreen and not a free-hand controller, I would have believed them, it was that precise. It does look like they made it a little easier to get a 'cool' on the suturing, which doesn't bother me.
We do notice a bit of unsteadiness when the player is waiting around, though. But the procedures themselves don't seem hindered much.

One needs to remember, though, that actually handling these instruments in real life would be in 3D. I tried out some 3D laparoscopic (basically, surgeries performed via tiny holes in the patient's abdomen using longreach instruments, rather than exposing the abdomen) simulation as part of a study a while back, and menial tasks are not easy at all. Ever tried tying your shoes with chopsticks? Hehe.

The Wii version might not have as accurate controls as the DS version, but I could imagine it being more 'immersive'.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Beezy said:
:eek:

If you buy a Wii without this game, you're a part of the problem.
How about if I buy the game without the Wii? :)

Since it's an Atlus title I'm getting it right away even though I don't plan on getting the Wii until sometime in the new year.

Stitchy

Fuzzy said:
Since it's an Atlus title I'm getting it right away even though I don't plan on getting the Wii until sometime in the new year.

This is exactly what I also intend to do.

SumGamer

Fuzzy said:
How about if I buy the game without the Wii? :)

Err why dont you wait until you want to get the console? You might even get some preowned for cheaper as well.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Damn it my wallet just got 300 dollars lighter thanks to that video. Trama center is going to be awesome I loved it on the DS.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
SumGamer said:
Err why dont you wait until you want to get the console? You might even get some preowned for cheaper as well.
1. I don't buy used games unless I have no choice since I like to support game developers/publishers.

Zyid said:
It's...an Atlus game.
What he said. You gotta buy it while you can.

Firestorm

I kinda want this... I'm stuck on X1: Kyriaki. Hooly shit man. This is horrible.

I can't believe the Wii version has a difficulty level harder than the DS one ._.; I guess it's for crazy bastards like my friend who S ranked every mission in the game. I still don't know how he S ranked X1. This is bullshit I swear. I can't even phantom doing it without the Healing Touch. Hell, I can't even do it with the Healing Touch >.<

KINGMOKU

I dont think I have ever seen anything like that, nor did I ever think a game could be made out of it.

It looks interesting, but it seems repetitive as hell. Are you always pulling glass, and stitching? I know tahst what real-life doctors go thru, but what about the drunk-ass college student who swallows a fork or something? Any wacky surgery? Or constant glass-pulling?

Llyranor

Wait, so because there's one clip showing a surgery where you pull out some glass shards, you assume that that's how all the surgeries will be like, and thus repetitive?

Or are you answering your own question?

Mr. Spinnington said:
I can't freakin' decide. Other than Zelda, what the hell do I buy as a secondary freakin' GOTY[Wii edition]

Rayman
Super Monkey Ball
Trauma Center - this is the one I've preordered so far.
Sonic

I'm looking forward to this game based solely on GAF's opinion of the DS game, although that does seem to be enough to peek my interest.

Still, Rayman is somethiing I'm getting excited about first-hand. Those cocksucking rabbits :lol.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
F*ck the haters using the remake excuse, THIS will be the best launch game that takes full advantage of the wiimote.

Zeed

Banned
Firestorm said:
I kinda want this... I'm stuck on X1: Kyriaki. Hooly shit man. This is horrible.
You won't beat it. I didn't beat it. 95% of all gamers who clear the story mode are not able to get past Kyraki X. But the stories that the 5% tell about Savato X...*shudders*

I can't believe the Wii version has a difficulty level harder than the DS one ._.; I guess it's for crazy bastards like my friend who S ranked every mission in the game. I still don't know how he S ranked X1. This is bullshit I swear. I can't even phantom doing it without the Healing Touch. Hell, I can't even do it with the Healing Touch >.<
Watch for tips.

Some Japanese guy doing it even faster.

moku said:
Are you always pulling glass, and stitching?
Not at all. Glass only factors in maybe two, three missions max in the entire game. And only the early surguries focus on realistic operations. These promo vids aren't showing you the real challenges for fear of spoilers. Hell, in one mission
you have to disarm a bomb

I'd prefer it if they dropped
GUILT
entirely and just made more ordinary missions the focus. Maybe one or two missions, but that's it. It's not as if real surgery has a lack of examples that would translate well into gameplay.

It's semi-interesting to note that for the stitching, the devs have made it so that only the general directional movement of the Wiimote is traced, and not all the little involentary motions of the hand.

If this is something that can be applied to a FPS' MP3-style "expert" mode but without, and I repeat, without dumbing down the aiming, it could be very effective and satisfying.

Hell, it opens up all kinds of possibilties -- even controlling a character's movement in a 3D platform game.

pkasho

Is it still worth getting the DS version if I'm planning to buy the Wii version? The remade part in Wii is the DS game?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Is it a pavlovian response that my palms start sweating when I hear that music? I kept waiting for the "Doctor!" and the vital sign beeps to speed up.

Zeed

Banned
DarknessTear said:
Did I just see a pentagram while he was operating on someone? Oh Atlus. :lol
The Pentagram isn't nessessarily satanic - that's just a myth that's been propogated by pop culture. In the context of the game it's meant to evoke the powers of some Greek god of medicine and the origins of the Pentagram are Greek.

The Wiccan symbol is the Pentacle, while the Pentagram holds wider significance.

pkasho said:
Is it still worth getting the DS version if I'm planning to buy the Wii version? The remade part in Wii is the DS game?
For me, it is because I can share it with my girlfriend and she and I can play where ever we happen to be. Plus I think the difference in the motor skills required for each version will warrant purchasing both of these awesome games.

Zyid said:
The Pentagram isn't nessessarily satanic - that's just a myth that's been propogated by pop culture. In the context of the game it's meant to evoke the powers of some Greek god of medicine (yeah, yeah, I know) and the origins of the Pentagram are Greek.

Yeah but you know what they're trying to do anyway. This is Atlus!

I got no problem with Atlus otherwise. Just sick of their little references. Even this game isn't free of it.

Zyid said:
The Pentagram isn't nessessarily satanic - that's just a myth that's been propogated by pop culture. In the context of the game it's meant to evoke the powers of some Greek god of medicine (yeah, yeah, I know) and the origins of the Pentagram are Greek.

I must really be out of tune with pop culture, then.

(And something tells me that's a good thing.)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
satan's symbol is the inverted pentagram those you see in castlevania a lot.

it's just DT reaching.

Zyid said:
No, not really.

Enlighten me?

Just referencing of any kind. Hell, even if the star wasn't a pentagram, the shape of those cuts on that person at the beginning of the video looked like an incomplete one.

They always do references in their games, for instance the pentagram on the floor on SMT3, as well as the final floor of SMT3 being floor 666 and their other SMT games have similar stuff in it. And I wouldn't be surprised if it was in Devil Summoner as well.

Error can defend it all he wants, it's just because he's a huge fan of Atlus. I understand. But protecting everything a company does also means you agree with what they do, and if that's true, well... It helps people judge your character personally.

DarknessTear said:
Just referencing of any kind. Hell, even if the star wasn't a pentagram, the shape of those cuts on that person at the beginning of the video looked like an incomplete one.

They always do references in their games, for instance the pentagram on the floor on SMT3, as well as the final floor of SMT3 being floor 666 and their other SMT games have similar stuff in it. And I wouldn't be surprised if it was in Devil Summoner as well.

Error can defend it all he wants, it's just because he's a huge fan of Atlus. I understand. But protecting everything a company does also means you agree with what they do, and if that's true, well... It helps people judge your character personally.

Yeah... I would be under the impression that it's more their attempt at appearing 'cool' and 'dangerous' than the possibility of them being Satanists.

Pureauthor said:
Yeah... I would be under the impression that it's more their attempt at appearing 'cool' and 'dangerous' than the possibility of them being Satanists.

Well of course I'm not saying they are Satanists but they sure do like to promote it or raise shock value of their games or something.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
DarknessTear said:

what the hell? Im not defending atlus that's their choice if they want to include that stuff in their games. do you bash castlevania for the inverted pentagrams, goat skulls and shit? no, right? then why is atlus any different?

I dont mind if they include that stuff at all.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
When I heard the operation music, I shivered... the memory is coming back to haunt me !

SumGamer

Mr. Spinnington said:
Translation: It won't be around a month down the road.

Ahh thank you now I get it. I dont live in US so I dont know much about that. Good thing I have my friend preorder them for me :lol

BTW, how come this thread is full of this satan discussion right now :S Its just a fantasy, just like Davinci Code. Dig it, pick it. No? then drop it.

SumGamer said:
Ahh thank you now I get it. I dont live in US so I dont know much about that. Good thing I have my friend preorder them for me :lol
Where do you live?

I can't think of a single Atlus game that hasn't had to be reprinted due to initial sales in the US.

SumGamer

Mr. Spinnington said:
Where do you live?

I can't think of a single Atlus game that hasn't had to be reprinted due to initial sales in the US.

I'm in the darkest corner of gaming world. New Zealand. Our only light is Sidhe Interactive.

Top Bottom